Thailand finds first local cases of South African COVID-19 variant, scientists say

7 hours ago, aboctok said:

You are, of course, free to call things wrong or mistaken as you see fit. But you want names you consider wrong to be banned? Lol.

The names of countries they link with covid variants.

Even when the current vaccines and their upgrades are readily available the porous borders will remain. Both sides of a border need to be policed to have effective control.

Illegal crossings are a way of life around the world. However more could be done and should of been done from the time the legal ports of entry were closed. Thailand has the man power and should make better use of technology to plug the holes - not to mention routine changing of the guard to minimise the risk of payoffs by the traffickers in certain areas.

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

The latest news from the UK is that the vaccines DO protect you from both the South African and Indian strains. So what is Prayut waiting for, stop fantasising over the Phuket sandbox and having wet dreams about submarines, and get moving on the vaccine rollout.

Why should he? There is no benefit to him, he has had his vaccine, and you can bet that his offshore account is not doing too badly.

20 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Guess what ? My Barber shop just opened and I can now get a haircut which my hair  is down to my shoulders with all these lockdowns. The only problem now is he is wearing 3 masks and 1 is almost covering his eyes.

He will need to get bigger masks to cover his expanding nose.