Delighted expats in Korat receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

10 hours ago, Excel said:

Difficult to educate the brain dead

Maybe it was missed by you that all seats are socially distant and all people are wearing a mask. But if you want to Thai bash as usual then go ahead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No you didn't miss.

Seems they simply didn't find it worth mentioning.

Because really: what is available in significant numbers?
Other stuff is promises only.

Another expert...zzzzzzz

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iamariva1957 said:

Unfortunately though getting vaccinated is a great thing to do and we ALL should be get our jabs...  Sinovax is not recognized as an approved Covid vaccine in the EU, the US, the UK, Australia, the US CDC or the WHO... or a lot of other places. So good luck there guys. But wonderful that you managed to get it for sure. Just be aware that international travel to many countries the fact that you have been vaccinated with Sinovax will not mean a thing.  

Where did you get that from or is it just another racist opinion.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, PB172111 said:

Maybe it was missed by you that all seats are socially distant and all people are wearing a mask. But if you want to Thai bash as usual then go ahead.

Congratulations, you are now up to 12 posts and already feel emboldened to advise people what they can do. ????????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nightfox said:

I personally wouldn't be so delighted knowing I just got jabbed with Sainovac.

They show it like a badge of honor,  China started this Madness trying to be Economy  Number 1 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Common understanding it that at present Thailand only has sinovac to offer. AZ production is due to start being distributed in June. Moderna etc only available in October.

it’s possible they had AZ from local production but if they had, I think it would have been announced with great fanfare.

weighing up the possibilities, I’d say it’s 99.9% sure they had sinovac.

but you are right, it didn’t say it in the article.

Sinovac was being used at Bang Sue today. About 8000 were vaccinated. AZ is available here but it is in lesser numbers (the imported one). 

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

What?

Some of them look very young which is around 30 to 40  so why did they get the jab first when we are told that all foreigners that is below 60 should wait?

Many are in high risk groups - market vendors, taxi drivers, factory workers, etc. Not just the elderly / those with co-morbidities are being vaccinated. 

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

What happens if you take a SinoVac shot—then suddenly find yourself on a flight to USA?  Can you begin taking a Pfizer or Moderna shot upon arrival?

So far the info suggest you can do so. I'm planning to jab with Sinovac and then Pfizer.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Rubbish. I haven't read anything about any country planning denying entry to people due to the flavor of shots they have. They can't even make their minds up about 'vaccine passports' for God's sakes.

That's not just rubbish, that's total rubbish. If you are not vaccinated you can enter most of the countries with a negative PCR test. There is no denial of entry because you are vaccinated with the vaccine X. If not vaccinated, or vaccinated with unapproved vaccine, negative PCR test is good enough for most of the countries. Furthermore, how the immigration would know if I'm vaccinated with unapproved vaccine if I don't tell them?

Sorry but I'm calling BS on this.

Who in their right mind speaks to their mother-in-law?

Excellent point, well made............I am in awe..........."spoke" to my mother -in-law........ie, asked to wife to ask!!!.......CBA writing all that ..........555

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Where did you get that from or is it just another racist opinion.

Racist?! How was that racist! Check with the WHO... the US and EU CDCs . Sinovac is not been approved yet for emergency use. Sorry... but facts are facts and they have nothing to do with anti any country BS. it is not China bashing.

I like China for the most part for doing more at least for its citizens than any one else overseas.

Rubbish. I haven't read anything about any country planning denying entry to people due to the flavor of shots they have. They can't even make their minds up about 'vaccine passports' for God's sakes.

Try and get in a plane to a country that does not recognize Sinovac. .. direct flight or not. Then if you do manage it... then be ready to deal with the health people and tests and waiting and self quarantine. All are possible... if you are even allowedto board or enter.

Then there is the question...  as of now still not answered ... can you have had the Sinovac and then get one of the others?

But DO get vaccinated! Otherwise you are still potentially part of 

32 minutes ago, gearbox said:

That's not just rubbish, that's total rubbish. If you are not vaccinated you can enter most of the countries with a negative PCR test. There is no denial of entry because you are vaccinated with the vaccine X. If not vaccinated, or vaccinated with unapproved vaccine, negative PCR test is good enough for most of the countries. Furthermore, how the immigration would know if I'm vaccinated with unapproved vaccine if I don't tell them?

Well... good luck.  Oh and they would know as you would have to show them documents and test results if you went that way. 

4 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Nothing tin hat about all CV vaccines still in clinical trials for the next two and all are under emergency use only. That's fact.

Takes anything up to 8 years to fully approve a vaccine

How it is done in the UK - http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/vaccine-development

All c19 vaccines used in the UK have been through all stages and have been formally approved.

Yes, it has taken far less time than usual and why? Because a great deal of money and resources have been used to speed up the operation. Suddenly, instead of being mean and penny pinching, proper resources have been spent with remarkable results.

If we continued to spend a lot more time, effort and money on medical research a lot of good would come of it.

But we won't because people would rather spend money on shiny new cars, posh clothes, sports stars and trinkets.

6 minutes ago, mrfill said:

But we won't because people would rather spend money on shiny new cars, posh clothes, sports stars and trinkets.

As George Best said......

He spent all his money on wild women. fast cars and booze.........the rest he just squandered.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wharria said:

I was asked if I wanted to be vaccinated with the Sinovac (I am 74 with Chronic Bronchitis) I declined and was informed the Astra Zeneca would be available next month so I will wait.

as I am British this is my  vaccine of choice.

So do you have a second appointment for your first AZ dose yet? Are they allowing this? I think next month is "Sold Out"(6 Million), it might be July (10 Million doses due).

Rats in a cage, clamoring for their rotten cheese. I would understand if they were starving... What are they starving for? How do you get people to take something they normally wouldn't? If we are being honest with ourselves, we wouldn't NORMALLY submit to an experimental jab. Is it simply fear? Or is there some other psychological dynamic at work?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

we wouldn't NORMALLY submit to an experimental jab. Is it simply fear?

I have a strong suspicion that for the over 60's, with a variety of health conditions, it is a distinct preference not to die.

1 minute ago, Freeduhdum said:

There's only one problem with Mommy (the left) and Daddy (the right) government, the children (the governed) never really grow up. 

I guess the draw back is the children rarely bother to educate themselves much beyond watching Fox News.

• Like 1