Delighted expats in Korat receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

19 hours ago, RocketDog said:

What you missed it that there are no other vaccines available here except the Chinese junk.

Did you just get off a plane?

I suggest you go do some homework as you are mistaken that there has only been one available vaccine available here.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Just spoke to my mother in law........all of the health workers in the villages surrounding their provincial town have refused the vaccine..........if they won't take it I can't see any of the locals having a jab.

Yea! Bully for them. The word is getting around. Vaxxers are pathetic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, watthong said:

Fact is many expats come here to enjoy what 3rd world has to offer (cheap labor, booze, sex among many others) then complain that its standards (vaccination, infrastructure, government, etc.) don't measure up to where they come from. That usually makes up the bulk of what's been posted on TVF.  As they say, you can take the girl out of Kansas, but you can take Kansas out of the girl.

If that's how you feel then you have mis-categorized many folks here on TV.  Complaining about the way things are being handled is done no matter where we may be from.  You call the Vaccination, Infrastructure and government here 3rd world, but we do not as we live here.  We criticize the way it is being done to only vaccinate with two vaccines, one of which is not yet approved by the WHO and the other being manufactured in house with very big apparent production issues. What we complain about is the endless flip-flops, the usurpers at the trough who staged a coup to take over a democratically elected government.  When an issue is observed we don't just complain as you say, we also discuss in great detail the issues we see with what and how they are doing it.  If it seems to be to much for you then you can log off and go elsewhere to slag off more folks who don't agree with you.  Here for the most part we agree to disagree.  Kansas can home in a balloon after clicking her red heels 3 times, good day Dorothy.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, oxforddiver said:

I read that Europe and probably  UK will not accept Sinovac certificates for entry.

That may change this week if WHO approve this Chinese Sinovac vaccine. I searched today and not see any change on this.

The WHO have approved the Sinopharm vaccine already.

However in saying this, I personally will not take either of these Chinese vaccines, don't trust them. Keep watching for more updates

for best options, maybe J&J one shot option is a consideration once it is approved by Thailand and private hospitals can bring it in.

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:20 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I was going to say something, but I would more than likely be suspended, so I will say, good luck to them and move on........

4 my ego and me exactly the same but there is one thing so much disparity and confusing information in different Provinces and many stating 7th June but tried to repost to F/b but they deemed abusive on prior post. Big Brother watching?
Good luck all receiving the jabs and the rest to follow.

Edited by jwest10
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If that's how you feel then you have mis-categorized many folks here on TV.  Complaining about the way things are being handled is done no matter where we may be from.  You call the Vaccination, Infrastructure and government here 3rd world, but we do not as we live here.  We criticize the way it is being done to only vaccinate with two vaccines, one of which is not yet approved by the WHO and the other being manufactured in house with very big apparent production issues. What we complain about is the endless flip-flops, the usurpers at the trough who staged a coup to take over a democratically elected government.  When an issue is observed we don't just complain as you say, we also discuss in great detail the issues we see with what and how they are doing it.  If it seems to be to much for you then you can log off and go elsewhere to slag off more folks who don't agree with you.  Here for the most part we agree to disagree.  Kansas can home in a balloon after clicking her red heels 3 times, good day Dorothy.

I believe the vaccine is going to be manufactured here in Thailand will be under the direction and watchful eye with input from the parent company which is not Thai. If as you say there is production issues... then there is more than Thai input in the issues...if indeed there are in fact any.

On your other issues.... as an expat if you do not like what is going on...then pack up and leave.... you will not be missed. I do not understand why some expats make a decision to moved to another country and when they arrive just carry on like negative nannies when they finally get to the country that they choose to come to.... the country did not chase them to come here.

Edited by roobob
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

4 my ego and me exactly the same but there is one thing so much disparity and confusing information in different Provinces and many stating 7th June but tried to repost to F/b but they deemed abusive on prior post. Big Brother watching?
Good luck all receiving the jabs and the rest to follow.

The Mayor in our village knocked on our door about a month ago, he has known my wife's family since they were kids and told the wife as I was 60 the vaccine was available to me at the local clinic, all I had to do was turn up and tell them that the Mayor sent me.

My wife thanked him, but also told him that I was getting my Influenza and Pneumonia boosters in a couple of weeks which could also provide me with some protection and didn't want to overload myself, so might get vaccinated by years end.

He nodded his head and said ok and thankfully that was the last we saw of him, from what we have heard is the elders in the village are not getting the China vaccines. Like anything, will take our chances, and for those saying we could be asymptomatic, well al I can say to them is, get vaxed and stay away from us/others if your so afraid, $hit happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the mantra of if you do not like it return to whence you came from has been used for the day.  Glad you are not in charge of my life and I am not in charge of yours.  Life is to be lived and if one wants to complain and takes the smile from someone's else's face and makes them grimace in pain, well then I am right there to assist.  Enjoy.

The vaccinations are Sinovac, and the AZ vaccine is being produced by Siam Bio Sciences, and they have never produced a vaccine before.  This is all unchartered waters.  This Governments statements of 6million vaccines by June, then enough by the end of the year to vaccinate the entire population is as far from the truth as the eye can see.  In fact the entire contract transparency was brought forth by a former MP Thanathorn who was subsequently charged with LM.  All we do is fill in the details as we see them.  Continue to live under the rock and ignore what goes on around you if that makes you happy. By the way I was born here in this country.

Wow, you English is great! What countries were your parents from? Assuming Dad was from the western world, just curious to know. For me I was born in the US, migrated to the UK in 1999 and became a UK citizen, not claiming the US any longer since Trump destroyed a lot it. Proud to be a UK citizen. I will also not be taking the Sinovac vaccine, waiting for better options.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the mantra of if you do not like it return to whence you came from has been used for the day.  Glad you are not in charge of my life and I am not in charge of yours.  Life is to be lived and if one wants to complain and takes the smile from someone's else's face and makes them grimace in pain, well then I am right there to assist.  Enjoy.

The vaccinations are Sinovac, and the AZ vaccine is being produced by Siam Bio Sciences, and they have never produced a vaccine before.  This is all unchartered waters.  This Governments statements of 6million vaccines by June, then enough by the end of the year to vaccinate the entire population is as far from the truth as the eye can see.  In fact the entire contract transparency was brought forth by a former MP Thanathorn who was subsequently charged with LM.  All we do is fill in the details as we see them.  Continue to live under the rock and ignore what goes on around you if that makes you happy. By the way I was born here in this country.

As you say.... it seems you are not here to enjoy life but in fact make other people's lives a misery.... nice way to live but each to their own.

So what if they have never produced a vaccine before.... the parent company that has inspected the facility.... agreed it would meet the purpose of producing one and then signed a contract with the Thai company to do as such and also in the contract provide their own people with expertise to see the process through so it will not be unchartered waters in which they proceed to.

What has you being born here have anything to do with the manufacture of a vaccine???? About the same as the price of eggs at the market.... buggar all....555.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why do you need a central distribution point?

Send the vaccine to every clinic and medical facility in Thailand, send nurses out to every supermarket and shopping mall. 

Sure, that would also be a valid approach but I expect it would be harder from the point of view of logistics, given refrigeration requirements etcetera. As I said, Thailand is not the only country in the world doing it through larger centralized distribution points.

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:45 AM, BritManToo said:

Why does everything official in COVID Thailand include huge numbers of people sitting together for hours in a room? Do the Thai authorities not understand contagion?

My Thai friend just last week had to wait over 7 hours at a site on Rama IV in Bangkok in front of Tesco Lotus, with wait times between like 10 different steps in the process from documentation to blood pressure check to the actual injection. He was quite livid as he also had to get 2 cue numbers one in his neighborhood and one at the site. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...