Delighted expats in Korat receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

14 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I have a strong suspicion that for the over 60's, with a variety of health conditions, it is a distinct preference not to die.

I think the diabetics and those with hypertension should be more worried about the M-150!

Edited by rbkk
Hyphen!
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Rats in a cage, clamoring for their rotten cheese. I would understand if they were starving... What are they starving for? How do you get people to take something they normally wouldn't? If we are being honest with ourselves, we wouldn't NORMALLY submit to an experimental jab. Is it simply fear? Or is there some other psychological dynamic at work?

Only the psychological dynamic you're trying to create.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, nightfox said:

I personally wouldn't be so delighted knowing I just got jabbed with Sainovac.

Why do you people feel the need to repeat your opinion on this over and over?  We heard you the first time.  You're worse than Jehovah's Witnesses constantly knocking on my door with their pamphlets.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

As the saying goes, it takes one to know one. Give it a look before you pass judgement. 

Anyone who was mental enough to belong to a 'Satanic Church' immediately forfeits all rights to be consider an authority on anything.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Why do "you people" continue to marginalize that very real issue?

Please tell us more since you apparently think we didn't get the jist the last hundred times you said it.  Projection?

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why does everything official in COVID Thailand include huge numbers of people sitting together for hours in a room? Do the Thai authorities not understand contagion?

At least they're all wearing masks and sitting in chairs spaced apart. I just got my first shot in a western country and it looked pretty much the same as this. How else are you supposed to vaccinate hundreds or thousands of people a day without setting up a central distribution point where the vaccines and the personnel capable of administering it are located?

At least this particular gathering has a clear and important purpose, unlike many other official procedures like doing the 90 day report for example.

11 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Did I miss it?  

Where does it say the vaccine was Sinovac?  

No need to ask,  most folks couldn't care less anyway. Anything's better than living in fear. 

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

Why do you people feel the need to repeat your opinion on this over and over?  We heard you the first time.  You're worse than Jehovah's Witnesses constantly knocking on my door with their pamphlets.

Here in the U.S., I've done OK with the Witnesses.  Invited a couple into the house, later just on the front porch.  I give them lessons in Buddhism, they seem interested, though Mormons more so. The last bunch that came for about the third time I chased away, as I was spraying a toxic mix of lye and bleach on the front porch boards.  It worked well - kept them off the porch and got rid of the mold and mildew. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The media talked to two British people, an American and a Swede who expressed their thanks and confidence in the Thai rollout saying "it didn't hurt at all - like an ant bite".

Another cheap PR stunt to try to convince the world Thailand is vaccinating everyone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Rubbish. I haven't read anything about any country planning denying entry to people due to the flavor of shots they have. They can't even make their minds up about 'vaccine passports' for God's sakes.

Didn't say banned from entering.....  just that Sinovac is not recognized or approved. Read... then comment?

6 hours ago, charmonman said:

How else are you supposed to vaccinate hundreds or thousands of people a day without setting up a central distribution point where the vaccines and the personnel capable of administering it are located?

Why do you need a central distribution point?

Send the vaccine to every clinic and medical facility in Thailand, send nurses out to every supermarket and shopping mall. 

9 hours ago, mrfill said:

How it is done in the UK - http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/vaccine-development

All c19 vaccines used in the UK have been through all stages and have been formally approved.

Yes, it has taken far less time than usual and why? Because a great deal of money and resources have been used to speed up the operation. Suddenly, instead of being mean and penny pinching, proper resources have been spent with remarkable results.

If we continued to spend a lot more time, effort and money on medical research a lot of good would come of it.

But we won't because people would rather spend money on shiny new cars, posh clothes, sports stars and trinkets.

That is simply not true. Vaccines can take anything up to 8 years to fully approve. That's why all are listed as under emergency use only. I don't care how much money they spend in trials the long term effects simply are not known by anyone. That's why the current phase three trials don't end for another two years.  Vaccinate the vulnerable which 0.5 percent of the population and open the country. 

18 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

A bit show off, as usual.

Thailand has 65 M people, German has 80 M people.

That close, put the output of vax people is in German around 1.4 M per day. They are almost through.

Germany is not ruled by a greedy unelected "PM" and a bunch of tinpot soldiers.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

Why have so many new posters appeared in this thread?  Those with just a few posts to their name, and ALL of them seem to be anti-vaccination, and peddling links to tin-hat loony theories.....

Because they’ve created new accounts to spread their conspiracy <deleted> so their old accounts won’t get deleted! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I seem to recall Thailand received some AZ doses along with the Sinovac awhile back.    Maybe you're the one fresh off the plane? 

The AZ doses were for the unelected "PM" and his soldiers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ABCbangkok said:

For those of you who don’t know. Thailand is preparing to enter the space race.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/12/27/thailand-to-launch-a-moon-space-programme

I can think of a few Thais I’d like to see put into orbit. ????

Yes, the ones with the fancy ranks, fancy uniforms, ribbons and bling.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Where did you get that from or is it just another racist opinion.

I think Greasy may not have checked the latest details.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56967973

The World Health Organization (WHO) has granted emergency approval for a Covid vaccine made by Chinese state-owned company Sinopharm. ... A decision is expected in the coming days on another Chinese vaccine developed by Sinovac, while Russia's Sputnik vaccine is under assessment.

Even with that said, I will not use this vaccine. I have to wait like everyone else here and will wait for a different more reliable brand after more research.

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Rather selfish, leave some for others! 

i'll jab with Pfizer in Europe, by late August there probably would be surplus of vaccines. And I see the Chinese haters don't want Sinovac jabs, no problem, I'll take it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wharria said:

I was asked if I wanted to be vaccinated with the Sinovac (I am 74 with Chronic Bronchitis) I declined and was informed the Astra Zeneca would be available next month so I will wait.

as I am British this is my  vaccine of choice.

@rbkk

Quote:

"So do you have a second appointment for your first AZ dose yet? Are they allowing this? I think next month is "Sold Out"(6 Million), it might be July (10 Million doses due)".

FYI below

South African research on the AstraZeneca vaccine, conducted in roughly 2,000 people, found an under-25% efficacy against mild and moderate illness from B.1.351, failing to meet the threshold for approval. As a result, South Africa stopped offering the AstraZeneca vaccine to its citizens, instead pivoting to Johnson & Johnson.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/health/does-astrazeneca-vaccine-stack-up-against-pfizer-moderna-and-janssen/

Edited by 4MyEgo

13 hours ago, sungod said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What did it tell you and based on what?

Tells me they are Thai Chinese, most likely rich, educated in the US and never been to China before!

Even if your speculation is correct, so what?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mrfill said:

The birth control pill is also very closely linked with blood clots. Should it be banned?

And is there any evidence that there is a much greater incidence of blood clots among vaccinated people against those unvaccinated?

Why are you asking me those questions, I didn't say that Sinovac should be banned, did I?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1