Delighted expats in Korat receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

15 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

What you missed it that there are no other vaccines available here except the Chinese junk.

Did you just get off a plane?

I seem to recall Thailand received some AZ doses along with the Sinovac awhile back.    Maybe you're the one fresh off the plane? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

My wife went to the bank today on immigration business  for me and they sold her Wuflu Insurance! She asked if I could have it too but they said no not for foreigners! It was my account she was there for??? I did tell her that Wuflu treatment was free for Thais and the insurance company knows this and she said ,'do you believe that?'

You should go to the bank and ask something in regards of your wife's account. Maybe they sell you a car insurance. Wait, your wife hasn't a car. Doesn't matter. Better with than without insurance.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Most likely a PR stunt to appease International Embassies.
What counts is the total of Expats who have been vaccinated.
Just a few days ago Richard Barrow tweeted he had been turned down for a Jab after successfully registering 3 weeks ago.
Also those Expats don't look to be over 60 how did they qualify?
We should have a counter on TV to count how many members have received the Jab and how many have been refused.

Or they could give potato juice or whatever and say its done.....

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Ban Muang reported that the Korat Hall on the fourth floor of Central Nakhon Ratchasima was lively yesterday as Thai nationals and foreigners turned up to register and receive their first doses of vaccine for Covid-19.

No thanks to Sinovac and they can stick the M150.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Where does it state sitting for hours? Its the same setup for getting vaccinated in the UK,and your in and out in ~20 mins,which includes 15 minutes post injection waiting time to check for any immediate side effects,before being allowed to leave.

The Pattaya vaccination center claimed 50 people per hour.

I could see over 100 people in the OP photo, so some of them would have waited 2hrs.

(assuming Korat is as hopeless as Pattaya)

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The Pattaya vaccination center claimed 50 people per hour.

I could see over 100 people in the OP photo, so some of them would have waited 2hrs.

(assuming Korat is as hopeless as Pattaya)

No, they came with 2 different ID cards, hoping, they would get 2 vaccines.

8 hours ago, nightfox said:

I personally wouldn't be so delighted knowing I just got jabbed with Sainovac.

Yes and its not recognized as a proper vaccine  by the UK or USA and the two countries said they wont authorize entry to anyone with that as a vaccine.   So its just an internal vaccine...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AquaThai said:

Yes and its not recognized as a proper vaccine  by the UK or USA and the two countries said they wont authorize entry to anyone with that as a vaccine.   So its just an internal vaccine...

Exactly. It has emergency use authorization status, but they haven't been approved by the FDA. It is in their website. 

COVID-19 Vaccines Authorized for Emergency Use / FDA

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, noone223 said:

Can't wait for the Thai media announcement when a few of these expats drop dead...

"These blood clots have nothing to do with the vaccine, they suffered from farangitis"

You're referring to Sinovac which posters here are assuming that the foreigners had and which has not had any claimed connection with blood-clotting?

My Thai partner and her daughter and the receptionists from where I live, had their vaccinations today at Central Korat. They were given Sinovac after they came back one of the receptionist became very ill and had to be taken to Hospital, 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Sure. But farangs fall in a different category.

Embassie staff, older then 60, etc....

You must be a very important person, well done Sir.

No not me just my friend and it makes me angry how they all jump the cue not caring if those who need it more miss out because of them.

1 minute ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

No not me just my friend and it makes me angry how they all jump the cue not caring if those who need it more miss out because of them.

Don't worry. They get the Chi... stuff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you think that the only doctors who have any credibility are those awarded Nobel Prizes?    How many of those are there in the US, UK and Europe who are involved in the current Covid recommendations?

By the way, no "corner clinics" in Thailand are providing vaccinations.

Bob Dylan (80 today!) is a doctor and Nobel Laureate. Not sure about his advice regarding coronaviruses though....

18 minutes ago, wharria said:

My Thai partner and her daughter and the receptionists from where I live, had their vaccinations today at Central Korat. They were given Sinovac after they came back one of the receptionist became very ill and had to be taken to Hospital, 

Many people have reaction to the vaccine, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.    Perhaps her reaction would have been the same with any other vaccine and perhaps her reaction was nothing to do with the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Thorix said:

He discovered HIV, he must know what he is talking about. Better than you for sure.

Some winners do have a screw loose or two

Science Denial

Kary Mullis, the 1993 winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, revels in his reputation as a "maverick." In his autobiography, Dancing Naked in the Mind Field, he extols the virtues of astrology, describes a possible encounter with aliens (which appeared to him in the form of a talking, glowing raccoon), and cheerfully admits his repeated use of LSD.

Unfortunately, Mullis’ maverick theories also include AIDS denialism. He has lent his Nobel Laureate star power to endorsing the theories of molecular biologist Peter Duesberg, who asserts—despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary—that the HIV virus is harmless and that AIDS is actually caused by recreational drug use and anti-HIV pharmaceuticals.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/151005-nobel-laureates-forget-racist-sexist-science

Edited by bunnydrops
forgot link
  • Like 1

I was asked if I wanted to be vaccinated with the Sinovac (I am 74 with Chronic Bronchitis) I declined and was informed the Astra Zeneca would be available next month so I will wait.

as I am British this is my  vaccine of choice.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, the bottom line is that "Delighted expatriates in Korat received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine".

It is a day of joy and celebration for them and we should rejoice too. Doing what makes you happy in this life is what really matters. 

Moreover, more and more volunteers are needed for this experiment so that the crazy theories of Nobel laureates like Mr. Vin Rouge can take shape, so my sincere congratulations to the lucky pioneers and all my thanks to them from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wharria said:

I was asked if I wanted to be vaccinated with the Sinovac (I am 74 with Chronic Bronchitis) I declined and was informed the Astra Zeneca would be available next month so I will wait.

as I am British this is my  vaccine of choice.

That's vaccine's linked with blood clots, yes?   What made you refuse Sinovac?

• Confused 1

Problem here for expats (or others for that matter) is that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that if you want to travel in the future to, say the US or Europe, then one of the conditions may be that you need to have had an approved vaccine by the destination country. All well and good if it's Moderna/AstraZeneca/Pfizer etc. you've had but Sinovac probably won't cut it as I doubt it'll be approved by lots of Western countries for reasons of not performing well to the political.

As the only vaccine available at the moment here in Thailand is the Sinovac one, unless you have access to the government's secret stash of Pfizer for the rich elite family types, then probably better to hold up and wait-it-out till other vaccine options turn up in private hospitals.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Obvious publicity stunt, but driven by a good motivation. Keep up the good work. (B+)

Thanks for coming and having your photos taken. As your parting gift you will each receive a free extension of stay valued at 1900 Thb.  Thank you.....lol

3 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Problem here for expats (or others for that matter) is that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that if you want to travel in the future to, say the US or Europe, then one of the conditions may be that you need to have had an approved vaccine by the destination country. All well and good if it's Moderna/AstraZeneca/Pfizer etc. you've had but Sinovac probably won't cut it as I doubt it'll be approved by lots of Western countries for reasons of not performing well to the political.

As the only vaccine available at the moment here in Thailand is the Sinovac one, unless you have access to the government's secret stash of Pfizer for the rich elite family types, then probably better to hold up and wait-it-out till other vaccine options turn up in private hospitals.

I can't wait to see all the social strata you mention taking Pfizer.

• Like 1

All the western vaccines have had cases of blood clots being reported with a few deaths but their is no proof the vaccine caused the blood clots only suspected. Their have been over 50million doses in England alone of the Astra Zeneca vaccine with less than a few hundred cases with less than two dozen deaths. Yet when the Thai Government first started giving vaccine to medical staff it was reported that at least six in Ranong were violently ill some falling into comas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1