Siam Bioscience’s AstraZeneca Vaccine Passes Quality Inspection

webfact

3d709daf433529f0c84bf6c60afef3d3_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Department of Medical Sciences has announced that nine production lots of the AstraZeneca vaccine, manufactured locally by Siam Bioscience, passed quality inspection by the Department on May 25th.

Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak said Siam Bioscience has submitted another five lots for inspection, which should take about three days to complete, and the department expects the other five to pass the inspection as well. Each batch submitted for inspection contains a different number of doses.

He said, normally, the manufacturer sends a smaller batch of about 1 million to 2 million doses for inspection first, and then increases this to 2.5 million to 3 million doses per batch, once they have more manufacturing experience or have streamlined the process.

Siam Bioscience has promised the Public Health Ministry that it will start delivering doses to vaccination units in June.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said, normally, the manufacturer sends a smaller batch of about 1 million to 2 million doses for inspection first

So 1 to 2 million doses are ready to go? They will be there on 7 June.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

So 1 to 2 million doses are ready to go? They will be there on 7 June.

So we can expect the second shot of AZ ,in the beginning of  October ????

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Pointless to worry about, I think. My old Thai university did let me know the other day that as a retired faculty member I am eligible to be put on their vaccination program. They have already vaccinated Thai staff. Personally, I think it's better not to trust anything until the nurse is standing over you with a needle pointed at your arm.

Respectfully disagree  ! I have a appointment  for "a shot"

on the 28th of June in the village !

I 'm also on the list for a M shot at a private hospital that expects  it to come in October !

I have been contemplating the dates and the quality of the vacc very much

Edited by riclag

Interesting timing.

And just enough detail to lay to rest the kerfuffle. 

Not a lot of transparency here.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Siam Bioscience has promised the Public Health Ministry that it will start delivering doses to vaccination units in June.

First it's June, then it's July, now it's back to June.

• Like 1