Registration for mass inoculations in Bangkok opens Thursday

webfact

BA02D449-B730-4F4C-B3E9-7D4719A1C029.jpg

Registration for mass inoculation of people living in Bangkok, aged 18-59 and not in high-risk groups opens today (Thursday), through three main channels – convenience stores, the www.ไทยร่วมใจ.com website, and “Pao Tang” application.

More than 3,300 7-Eleven stores in Bangkok started receiving COVID-19 vaccination applications from members of the public from noon today, as part of the joint effort, by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the Thai Chamber of Commerce, to improve access to the vaccines.

“This is a mission that we, 7-Eleven, are proud to support in all communities, so that Thailand can become strong again,” said Mr. Vichai Janjariyakun, managing director of CP All, a part of the CP Group.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/registration-for-mass-inoculations-in-bangkok-opens-thursday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

Mass inoculations of what? Empty syringes because you dont have enough vaccines to do any mass inoculations right now. Make announcements like this when you have possession of enough Vaccines  

• Like 2

I went to my local government hospital today, to register for the vaccine.

I'm over 60 and already registered at the hospital. I have a yellow tabien baan and pink card. I was told I would get the vaccine on 10th August. Quite a wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, club said:

Mass inoculations of what? Empty syringes because you dont have enough vaccines to do any mass inoculations right now. Make announcements like this when you have possession of enough Vaccines  

Even when they do have the shots (AZ), you won't be getting the full shot. They are getting 12 shots out of a vial (vile) of 10. The chance to make money trumps all here.

Edited by AndyFoxy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

Even when they do have the shots (AZ), you won't be getting the full shot. They are getting 12 shots out of a vial (vile) of 10. The chance to make money trumps all here.

Here? You mean the USA right? 555

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/22/pfizer-vaccine-doses-syringes/

It can be done, but special syringes are required, as excess vaccine is trapped in the dead space of regular syringes. 

13 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

I'm over 60 and already registered at the hospital. I have a yellow tabien baan and pink card. I was told I would get the vaccine on 10th August. Quite a wait.

That's a long wait. Good luck.

My Thai wife registered on three sites. She now has two fixed appointments. If everyone does this - and many will - there will a lot of no-shows at the vaccination sites, unless they pool the data and remove the double or triple ID card numbers. She will use the first appointment, on June 19th, and together we will go to the second one (in August) and see if I can get the jab in her place. It might be worth a try and in worst case a trip to Bang Sue station. In the meantime I will try other options.

19 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Did they mention what year?

• Like 1