How to get a pink ID card in CM?

Barley

On 5/28/2021 at 9:47 PM, Barley said:

Hm, in the comments to the very informative article, I saw this:

"Perfect Homes (Chiang Mai Properties)

on 05/08/2020 at 8:49 am said  

Hi Fred, Sorry it always depends on the location, but to this date we do not know of anyone that has got on a yellow book for a rental property here in Chiang Mai."

So I guess for me living in a rental condo and being not married, it is pretty much hopeless to go through that process.

I wanted to have a pink card not just for vaccine registration but also as a proof for my banks outside of Thailand, that I am a resident of Thailand, and therefore change my bank address and do their yearly tax etc. reporting to Thailand.

I have changed my address with a bank in OZ and the UK simply using internet banking, no proof needed of being a resident of Thailand.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It puts you in the elevated position of being the target of all those on ThaiVisa.com who say the Pink ID card is completely useless and then accuse you of believing you have somehow become Thai  !!!! 

Its a handy ID to carry around instead of needing your passport. 

The Yellow Book is the more useful part of the process and can be useful as a proof of address as some DLT’s etc

I registered for my Covid-19 vaccine using the Pink ID numbers (will see what really happens when I go for the vaccine next week). 

This is a very accurate summary. The yellow book and pink card have their uses (in spite of the sometimes bizarre attacks from posters on Thaivisa...)

On 5/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, CharlieH said:

I am amazed this has gone on so long.

yes,  the amount of misinformation presented on this thread is .......amazing   ????