Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

8 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

How many of these are the new Thai variant and how many are the Wuhan variant.

93% is the figure stated from CCSA of all new infections throughout Thailand

EDIT sorry I thought you were referring to the UK variant.......lol

Edited by Bkk Brian

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are now answering a question that no one has asked. It is established that some Chinese in Thailand infected locals in January.

That is not the current issue.

I'll try to think of a question for your answer shortly ????????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

93% is the figure stated from CCSA of all new infections throughout Thailand

Sorry I posted earlier before reading this. So is it certain that this 93% is in fact the Thai mutation ? If so it must be spreading quicker than a rabid rabbit.

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Sorry I posted earlier before reading this. So is it certain that this 93% is in fact the Thai mutation ? If so it must be spreading quicker than a rabid rabbit.

You missed my edit. I was referring to UK variant. Apologies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Total lack of respect for the patients, just take a few of the box beds out, it can't be that desperate for beds here can it?

Some of the beds will be empty as the wives have gone to bunk up with their husbands! True.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not so good...but 60% are prison cases so easier to contain.

Sure. Just let them die quietly. There are many many prisoners who have gone through severe bouts of TB, not once but in many cases twice, whose immune system and lungs are severely weakened. Many could easily succumb to the virus and die. I can tell you for a fact that the prison guards don't give a <deleted> about the symptoms of illness prisoners display. There is also no way half a prison population can be isolated. Prisoners in isolation also cannot eat the free prison 'meals' with other prisoners, and I doubt they will be served meals in bed. The jails have a serious crisis on their hands and they are not equipped to handle them. What is happening inside Thai prisons is an absolute disgrace and an indictment on a totally incompetent government.

• Like 2

COVID29.jpg

Some say the more vaccine you are exposed to the more serious can be the illness... so if you go into one of these places asymptomatic or with mild symptoms how will you come out?

In some countries people are OK about getting tested because they trust the government (mostly) and can self-isolate at home unless they get really sick, in which case they go to a proper hospital and will be helped as much as possible

In other countries where the people don't trust the government because it rules by force, people avoid getting tested because if they are positive even with no or mild symptoms there is mandatory isolation, but there aren't enough free hospital beds, so they go into a big room with hundreds of sick people and reduced healthcare like a leper colony 

And the number of cases is massively under-reported and can't easily be controlled

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Most of those cases were from a single large factory in Phetchaburi, and the authorities there appear to have caught up with and tested the workers there, meaning the local new cases now have declined back to quasi-normal levels at least for the time being.

You must mean the local new cases detected by testing have contracted back to normal. There is no evidence to suggest that of those not tested, and yet may well be infected, has declined. as it is an unknown.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

All active case finding Bangkok positivity rates. 

29th May: 9.70%

28th May: 9.55%

27th May: 9.53%

26th May: 9.58% 

25th May: 8.96%

23rd May: 9.05%

22 May: 9.08%

20 May: 7.21%

19th May: 7.04%

18th May: 6.98%

All still on the up including the CFR up from yesterdays 1.08% to todays of 1.10%

Is this just the clusters? If it is I find these % complete krap (not having a go at you BKK). These poor buggers all squashed in to a sealed off ghetto with a highly infectious virus no way. How many are being tested? Test absolutely everyone in these forced incarcerations and it's going to be way more than 10%. Same as the prisons. The numbers are rubbish. Victoria yesterday tested 54,000 people and found 5 positives. How many tests were conucted yesterday in BBK alone never mind the rest of the country. Where are these details. Worldometer does not show any movement in testing in Thailand. Why? Last time I looked (May 13) same as now. Maybe have something to hide.

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not the point. These people have covid. The authorities should have been on top of this from the very beginning last year. They need to test each and every prisoner not just for a positive or negative result but also for antibodies. How there appears to be no spread from the prisons to the outside community is an interesting question.

Appears to not be

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I think fake numbers... In Phetchaburi yesterday more than 600 cases on 1 day... Every day we see numbers of cases of "normal" people around 2000 and prisons are going up.. I think that they use the prisoners to hide real infections. How many prisons are there in Thailand?? and How many in each prison?? I think they don't want to publish that. So keep the numbers steady rising but bit by bit and only for certain groups. The whole situation in Thailand is worse than they show and want us to believe.

148 prisons and 380000 prisoners.

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Is this just the clusters? If it is I find these % complete krap (not having a go at you BKK). These poor buggers all squashed in to a sealed off ghetto with a highly infectious virus no way. How many are being tested? Test absolutely everyone in these forced incarcerations and it's going to be way more than 10%. Same as the prisons. The numbers are rubbish. Victoria yesterday tested 54,000 people and found 5 positives. How many tests were conucted yesterday in BBK alone never mind the rest of the country. Where are these details. Worldometer does not show any movement in testing in Thailand. Why? Last time I looked (May 13) same as now. Maybe have something to hide.

The figures quoted are the mean average for the testing they do in all the clusters and hotspots. Some can have 90% or more and others 1% or so. So it just gives an overall view of the situation. Agreed much more testing is needed everywhere.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spock said:

Sure. Just let them die quietly. There are many many prisoners who have gone through severe bouts of TB, not once but in many cases twice, whose immune system and lungs are severely weakened. Many could easily succumb to the virus and die. I can tell you for a fact that the prison guards don't give a <deleted> about the symptoms of illness prisoners display. There is also no way half a prison population can be isolated. Prisoners in isolation also cannot eat the free prison 'meals' with other prisoners, and I doubt they will be served meals in bed. The jails have a serious crisis on their hands and they are not equipped to handle them. What is happening inside Thai prisons is an absolute disgrace and an indictment on a totally incompetent government.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The figures quoted are the mean average for the testing they do in all the clusters and hotspots. Some can have 90% or more and others 1% or so. So it just gives an overall view of the situation. Agreed much more testing is needed everywhere.

Understand. This is why real mass testing gives you a better overall view of the situation. We all know testing is kept low here to keep the numbers low.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mises said:

Most believe Songkran was the issue, maybe it was something else? Thailand at 4:50

The entertainment venue clusters that were spread throughout Bangkok were then allowed to continue onward with the Songkran travel.  So in essence the Government allowed travel for Songkran spread the virus throughout the whole country.  That is the point many of us have been and are making.  The spread continues from that as well as the new variants arriving as well.

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not the point. These people have covid. The authorities should have been on top of this from the very beginning last year. They need to test each and every prisoner not just for a positive or negative result but also for antibodies. How there appears to be no spread from the prisons to the outside community is an interesting question.

The interesting question is similar to the one that asks " how many prison Staff members have been tested, and found to be positive for Covid "

I  find it hard to believe there are 22,000 cases of Prisoners, but no Staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

looking at the picture is that an advert for thai social distancing?aghh got it its a medical facility to grow thai variant 2 in the fastest possible time.theres not a lot you can do with this bunch of corrupt incompetent racists running the show,come on int press report the facts on this lot.especially all the thai peoples cash in germany,do your job,

30 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Our world in data hasn't updated testing numbers since the 24th of April after regularly updating every week or two.

• Thanks 1