Anyone book a 7 day stay in Phuket beginning July 1st?

coastguard

23 hours ago, bolt said:

Nothing is Royal Gazzetted yet, but my guess is

·         COE required

·         Health insurance covering US $100,000 clearly stating coverage for COVID 19

·         RT-COVID-19 PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure,

·         Proof of vaccination from WHO and or Thailand approved vaccines only, minimum 15 days prior to travel with maximum 1 year validity

·         Accommodation in SHA+ Approved hotels only

·         Flights are tricky, direct is the safest option for authorities, but that limits the possibilities of tourists, but I think Direct flights ONLY for July to see what the Airlines do, and check capacity at HKT.

·         You must agree to download the Thailand Plus tracking Application

·         It will be officially published Monday 21st June, starting Monday 5th July

2-3 Facebook groups set up by tour operators promising you everything, don’t worry book with Us

Even though you have a valid flight ticket, and a booked hotel doesn’t mean you be allowed into Thailand

Please be careful with what you believe, listen to the Embassies only, or until its Royal Gazetted

Agreed! I emailed the embassy and waiting for them to confirm it--getting a bit messy on FB pages now 2k deep.....had one tour guy who started one get upset I posted about a new India-UK variant in Vietnam.....I challenged him as he seem to the the only one standing to profit on that page, as to making wise choices ...

9 hours ago, mikosan said:

Pfizer is not a vaccine that is approved for use in Thailand yet.  I hope he doesn't have any problems returning.

5 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Correct, the hiccups are endlessly changing for entry to Thailand.......

Not correct. If you don't know, please don't post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mikosan said:

Not correct.  You can transit via Bangkok, as long as you don't change airports.  I really do wish that people would get their facts right before they post misleading information.  

Thanks for correcting me, but do you have a link confirming this?

I also thought I've heard so before, but it was not correct facts, on suggestion, or had been changed, and it's in not in accordance with the latest information I've seen about Phuket, the talk is about direct flights only...

Phuket sandbox is will; be open on1 July
There are 10 airlines will be flying directly to Phuket start for phuket sandbox
1 Singapore Airline operate everyday excwpt Wednesday
2. Qatar Airways Operate Tuesday Thursday Saturday
3. Thai Airways From London to Phuket Every Saturday
From Hongkong To Phuket every Friday
from Copenhagen to Phuket every day FRiday
From India Friday & Sunday
From Frankfurt German to Phuket every Friday
From Paris to Phuket Friday

4.Jin Air ( Korea ) Daily
5. KoreanAirline Daily
6. Hong Kong Airline
7. Cathay Pacific Daily
8 EVA airline Tuesday Thursday Saturday
9 Arab Emirate Sunday
10 Turkish Airline Wednesday Saturday

**Remarks; the above info is basedo on today information 20 Mat by Amadeus Aviation system
It may subject to change by the time you make booking

Source ThailandZ "Phuket sandbox Thailand Direct flight", link HERE.

Last I checked about Phuket and sandbox, transit in BKK is allowed if your are travelling to another country, but not allowed for domestic flights; It has however been suggested (in March) to allow Sandbox-transit in BKK, link HERE.

But you can transit in another country than Thailand for a direct flight to Phuket.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 5:03 AM, ezzra said:

Anyone taking bets that this 1st of July will not happen? and if it will, it will be in such insignificant way just to safe face...

They will miraculously find many positive case  a week before

• Sad 1

Below is an email that I received today as part of a golfing promo but will apply to all travellers 

Phuket Re-Opening

Are you Ready?

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Tourism Authority of Thailand issued an official statement on May 27, 2021 confirming that Thailand is set to open its borders and welcome international travellers in Phuket starting 1 July 2021. Visitors will be required to stay in Phuket for at least 7 nights, after which they are free to travel around the Kingdom. 70% of the population of Phuket will be fully vaccinated before July 1, 2021

Below are the guidelines on the eligibility:

1. Vaccinated Travelers from low and medium risk countries.

2. Travelers vaccinated 14 Days to 1 Year Before the date of arrival  (Approved vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Covishield)

3. Unvaccinated children under 12 years old who are traveling with vaccinated parents, (they will not need to present a Vaccine Certificate upon arrival)

4. Unvaccinated children between 12 and 17 years old traveling with vaccinated parents.  They will need to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at Phuket international Airport at their own expense

Pre-Arrival and Arrival to Phuket

1.  PCR Test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to departure to Phuket

2. Only direct international flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) will be admitted. However, it’s possible to access Phuket via the Middle-East and Asia via Doha, Dubai, Singapore, Taipei, Istanbul, and Hong Kong. Thai Airways is also planning regular flights from Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Paris and London.

3. Immigration will check guests papers including visas and the validity of COVID 19 vaccine certificates

4. Guests are required to download and activate the Thailand Plus Mobile App which provides real-time information about COVID and has built-in contact tracing technology in case of infection

5. Once the immigration process is complete, guests may be transferred to a SHA Approved hotel

During 7-day Stay in Phuket

1. All tours, golf and excursions must be operated by a SHA (Amazing Thailand Safely & Health Administration)-certified tour operator. Golfasian is SHA-certified and golf trips in Phuket are designed with safety in mind

2. Golfers will be able to do activities inside Phuket Island. Normal COVID safety measures will be encouraged such as social distancing, masks, hand washing and sanitizer and thermal scans upon entry into buildings.

3. Golfers wanting to go on island trips on days 6 and 7 or travel beyond Phuket on day 8 must have a PCR test one day beforehand. If a guest tests positive, she or he will be transferred immediately to the hospital. If the test is negative, they will be allowed to visit  Phi Phi Island, Koh Yao or Phang Nha Bay on a one-day tour.

4. Before being able to travel to other provinces in Thailand, guests must stay at least 7 nights in Phuket.

5. It is possible to stay less than 7 nights in Phuket and travel back to home countries or any other county.

6. A PCR test 72 hours prior to departure will be needed.

NOTE:  The final details on the Phuket re-opening entry requirements will be released in the next few days 

LET'S PLAN YOUR PHUKET GOLF HOLIDAY

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superal said:

Below is an email that I received today as part of a golfing promo but will apply to all travellers 

Phuket Re-Opening

Are you Ready?

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Tourism Authority of Thailand issued an official statement on May 27, 2021 confirming that Thailand is set to open its borders and welcome international travellers in Phuket starting 1 July 2021. Visitors will be required to stay in Phuket for at least 7 nights, after which they are free to travel around the Kingdom. 70% of the population of Phuket will be fully vaccinated before July 1, 2021

Below are the guidelines on the eligibility:

1. Vaccinated Travelers from low and medium risk countries.

2. Travelers vaccinated 14 Days to 1 Year Before the date of arrival  (Approved vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Covishield)

3. Unvaccinated children under 12 years old who are traveling with vaccinated parents, (they will not need to present a Vaccine Certificate upon arrival)

4. Unvaccinated children between 12 and 17 years old traveling with vaccinated parents.  They will need to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at Phuket international Airport at their own expense

Pre-Arrival and Arrival to Phuket

1.  PCR Test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to departure to Phuket

2. Only direct international flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) will be admitted. However, it’s possible to access Phuket via the Middle-East and Asia via Doha, Dubai, Singapore, Taipei, Istanbul, and Hong Kong. Thai Airways is also planning regular flights from Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Paris and London.

3. Immigration will check guests papers including visas and the validity of COVID 19 vaccine certificates

4. Guests are required to download and activate the Thailand Plus Mobile App which provides real-time information about COVID and has built-in contact tracing technology in case of infection

5. Once the immigration process is complete, guests may be transferred to a SHA Approved hotel

During 7-day Stay in Phuket

1. All tours, golf and excursions must be operated by a SHA (Amazing Thailand Safely & Health Administration)-certified tour operator. Golfasian is SHA-certified and golf trips in Phuket are designed with safety in mind

2. Golfers will be able to do activities inside Phuket Island. Normal COVID safety measures will be encouraged such as social distancing, masks, hand washing and sanitizer and thermal scans upon entry into buildings.

3. Golfers wanting to go on island trips on days 6 and 7 or travel beyond Phuket on day 8 must have a PCR test one day beforehand. If a guest tests positive, she or he will be transferred immediately to the hospital. If the test is negative, they will be allowed to visit  Phi Phi Island, Koh Yao or Phang Nha Bay on a one-day tour.

4. Before being able to travel to other provinces in Thailand, guests must stay at least 7 nights in Phuket.

5. It is possible to stay less than 7 nights in Phuket and travel back to home countries or any other county.

6. A PCR test 72 hours prior to departure will be needed.

NOTE:  The final details on the Phuket re-opening entry requirements will be released in the next few days 

LET'S PLAN YOUR PHUKET GOLF HOLIDAY

Interesting they don't mention the CoE anymore

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CLW said:

Interesting they don't mention the CoE anymore

I will wait for the official government announcement instead of relying on information from a golf promo advert.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, aussiexpat said:

I just went to apply for a COE and it still has 14 nights quarantine ????

20210530_114847.jpg

This is correct even if you are vaccinate 15days 14.nights same as it was 6. months ago. also if you check the covid day report there still flying in and tested for Covid-19on day up to 17. got off plane  What is going on here. 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, stevenl said:

Not correct. If you don't know, please don't post.

I said ' Pfizer is not a vaccine that is approved for use in Thailand yet'  This IS correct. 

https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/country/thailand/

However, in the context of the original post, on which I commented, my comment was possibly misleading, because I did not mention that Pfizer was accepted for persons entering Thailand.

Cheers

Edited by mikosan
Correction

On 5/31/2021 at 8:54 AM, skatewash said:

Pfizer IS recognized as an approved vaccine for foreign travelers entering Thailand.  He will have no problems having been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.

You are confusing two different things, vaccines that are recognized as approved for people entering Thailand and vaccines that are approved by the Thai FDA for administration to people in Thailand.  Those are two separate things.

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/thailand-approves-8-vaccines-for-foreign-travellers/

You are absolutely right.  Thank you for correcting me..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I said ' Pfizer is not a vaccine that is approved for use in Thailand yet'  This IS correct. 

https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/country/thailand/

Please read what I wrote before saying I am incorrect.

You were replying to a post asking if people could enter being vaccinated with Pfizer. Either your answer had nothing to do with the question or it was incorrect. 

You're hiding behind semantics.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

You were replying to a post asking if people could enter being vaccinated with Pfizer. Either your answer had nothing to do with the question or it was incorrect. 

You're hiding behind semantics.

You are correct, as I have just posted.

4 hours ago, bolt said:

I spoke to the embassy this morning, and NO NEWS yet.

:laugh:

i reckon confirmation Monday 28th 

Sandbox open Monday 5th

Official announcement is moved from today to Jun/4 (as reported by travel agent who is attending daily meetings this week with various government agencies).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OP here. Per travel agent in Phuket,  the COE procedures on the Embassy website will be updated mid-June. He also confirmed that transit through BKK to Phuket is allowed as long as you stay in the terminal. 

I asked about getting the COE processed in time for a July 1 arrival, FWIW, he said they (immigration?) are promising to turn it around in less than the 15 business days cited on the website. Still, it all makes me nervous.

The government is betting heavily on this working. I'm confident they will "say" they met the 70% vaccinated target no matter what the reality is. And they don't want the negative publicity they will get if they don't pull this off. They know there is a lot riding on this working. On the other hand, this is Thailand. They are good at shooting themselves in the foot!

13 hours ago, coastguard said:

OP here. Per travel agent in Phuket,  the COE procedures on the Embassy website will be updated mid-June. He also confirmed that transit through BKK to Phuket is allowed as long as you stay in the terminal. 

I asked about getting the COE processed in time for a July 1 arrival, FWIW, he said they (immigration?) are promising to turn it around in less than the 15 business days cited on the website. Still, it all makes me nervous.

When the updated guidelines were reduced for new normal targeting7-10 days instead of 14 days, for the 1st April, that went through 25-27th March, the COE went through within 2-3 days, so all in all they can do it.

Farangs are great at worrying and sending emails every day.

My wife tells me ‘”only talk when you have something to say”:laugh:

They’ve told us to wait, so we should sit quietly and wait for them to get ready and then they will tell us.

• Haha 2

Will Phuket open July 1. The answer is yes. With other key vacation markets opening albeit with controls and restrictions, Thailand must follow the lead. The gov is finally realizing (as is other holiday markets) that they will not attain zero cases. Pandemic thinking must shift to endemic management for the sake of the countries already devastated economy. 

There is a lot riding on this opening with a number of foreign airlines scheduling flights. Failing to deliver at this point will completely destroy more than just local business. 

• Like 2

this is from another thread.

has anyone heard about this.

Early next week - CCSA would review the Sandbox and give its approval if satisfied.

2 to 3 days later - Announcement in the Royal Gazette

That said, there were a couple of disquieting but yet-to-be-confirmed developments that could temper travel demand.  They are:

i) A proposal by the Public Health Ministry to increase the mandatory stay in Phuket from 7 to 14 days.  This means that a vaccinated traveller in Phuket under the auspices of the Sandbox must stay in a SHA-certified hotel/resort in Phuket for a minimum of 14 days before they may travel to other parts of Thailand; and

ii) "Area Quarantine": instead of allowing vaccinated travellers the freedom to roam around Phuket as per the current plan, he could be confined to the area where he is staying.  For example, if he is staying in a hotel in Patong sub-district, he would have to remain in Patong sub-district for the duration of his stay.  If he wants to travel to other parts of Phuket, he may only do so via "sealed routes".

All this is still basically a work-in-progress.  The briefing was bereft of details.

At some point it has to restart, and by that I mean a change to encourage international tourism to return, whether its July-August-September it’s a gamble so I wonder what will be announced, I feel something will get announced in the next 10-14 days for Sandbox July but What.

Personally I feel 7 days isn’t enough to ensure you DON’T have the virus, but as I said earlier Thai tourism must try something before the winter in Europe.

I truly wish them well. Chock Dee Krup

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coastguard said:

Well, today they confirmed the change from 7 days to 14 days. Still sounds better than quarantine in ASQ hotels, with only one hour a day allowed outside.

Sorry, not confirmed yet. Next week is the full committee meeting, after that has to be approved by the PM, followed by official publication.

Edited by stevenl

On 6/3/2021 at 9:37 AM, bolt said:

At some point it has to restart, and by that I mean a change to encourage international tourism to return, whether its July-August-September it’s a gamble so I wonder what will be announced, I feel something will get announced in the next 10-14 days for Sandbox July but What.

Personally I feel 7 days isn’t enough to ensure you DON’T have the virus, but as I said earlier Thai tourism must try something before the winter in Europe.

I truly wish them well. Chock Dee Krup

Nothing is water tight... But surely the following is sufficient to reduce the potential risk of of the spread of Covid-19 to a negligible level.

- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19

- Pre-Travel Covid-19 RT PCR Test (negative)

- 7 Days Quarantine with another Covid-19 RT PCR Test (negative)

I see no great value in having a 14 day quarantine, meanwhile 14 days surely presents a significant reduction in update of those who may otherwise have travelled into Thailand. 

That said: Is there anything to stop someone coming into Phuket for a holiday (Sandbox model) then travelling back to their own country (Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, China etc) after 7 days (home country quarantine limitations permitting of course) ?

So... perhaps the 7-14 days only impacts those who wish to fly in a travel to other areas of Thailand rather than genuine 7 day beach tourists. 

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That said: Is there anything to stop someone coming into Phuket for a holiday (Sandbox model) then travelling back to their own country (Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, China etc) after 7 days (home country quarantine limitations permitting of course) ?

So... perhaps the 7-14 days only impacts those who wish to fly in a travel to other areas of Thailand rather than genuine 7 day beach tourists. 

Nothing at all.  You are welcome to leave Phuket anytime you wish via the airport.  To be able to visit other parts of Thailand aside from Phuket you would have to finish a 14 day stay on Phuket.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nothing is water tight... But surely the following is sufficient to reduce the potential risk of of the spread of Covid-19 to a negligible level.

- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19

- Pre-Travel Covid-19 RT PCR Test (negative)

- 7 Days Quarantine with another Covid-19 RT PCR Test (negative)

I see no great value in having a 14 day quarantine, meanwhile 14 days surely presents a significant reduction in update of those who may otherwise have travelled into Thailand. 

The main advantage of 14 days sandbox is that the ASQ hotels, especially the Bangkok ones, have less reason to complain.

3 hours ago, coastguard said:

Well, today they confirmed the change from 7 days to 14 days. Still sounds better than quarantine in ASQ hotels, with only one hour a day allowed outside.

But they have effectively doubled the cost of accommodation, which may still have to be booked through SHA, whatever that is. It's quarantine by any other name, except you're not confined to your room. I think it's a winner????...but of course there are still 25 days to go, so expect a bit of tweaking, either stricter or more relaxed, depending on the weather forecast at the time, the position of the moon, and which planets are aligning, (none of which can be interpreted until the latter part of June 30.)

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

Here is the link to a Q&A by one of Thailand's best known travel bloggers, Richard Barrow. It shows the level of detail and hoops required to enter Phuket, and what you might expect there. There are certain elements that are "not guaranteed", and if these are important to you, then, as I suggested, it is too early to see how this will pan out. The sandbox proposal has apparently received "in-principal" approval from the government. However, approval or amendments will be made on 8 June, and then published in then subsequently published in Royal Gazette, (become law).

• Like 1