Date: 19 July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): BNH Bangkok 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No): Yes/No

How did you register?: 1) Through hospital directly & 2) through Mor Prom 

Vaccination received (yes/no): Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

If no, Reason not vaccinated: N/A

Other Remarks:

I registered through Mor Prom on 7 May and was given an appointment for 21 July. I also registered directly with the hospital by phone and was given a booking for 19 July, and on 15 July had a call from BNH to say 19 July booking was confirmed. The next day I had an SMS from BNH to confirm the 19 July booking, (which was described as "AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine MorProm)", so I presume they amalgamated the 2 appointments into the earlier of the two dates, (today).

BNH was very organised, not busy, and very friendly, professional nursing staff, (I had an issue with high BP, so had to redo 3x).

I had made back up bookings with Chulabhorn (22 July) and MedPark (7 August), which I have now cancelled.

My second dose is scheduled for 11 October, (11 weeks after 1st).

Believe the AZ is made by Siam Bioscience as Lot no. starts with A1015. Certificate will be issued after second dose.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, samtam said:

Province: Bangkok

Date: 19 July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): BNH Bangkok 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No): Yes/No

How did you register?: 1) Through hospital directly & through Mor Prom 

Other Remarks:

I registered through Mor Prom on 7 May and was given an appointment for 21 July. I also registered directly with the hospital by phone and was given a booking for 19 July, and on 15 July had a call from BNH to say 19 July booking was confirmed. The next day I had an SMS from BNH to confirm the 19 July booking, (which was described as "AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine MorProm)", so I presume they amalgamated the 2 appointments into the earlier of the two dates, (today).

BNH was very organised, not busy, and very friendly, professional nursing staff, (I had an issue with high BP, so had to redo 3x).

I had made back up bookings with Chulabhorn (22 July) and MedPark (7 August), which I have now cancelled.

My second dose is scheduled for 11 October, (11 weeks after 1st).

Believe the AZ is made by Siam Bioscience as Lot no. starts with A1015. Certificate will be issued after second dose.

How do you interpret Lot Numbers?

23 minutes ago, bradiston said:

How do you interpret Lot Numbers?

LN: A1015

SN: 100000000******

My understanding is A represents Siam Bioscience. The nurse said it was SB. I did not see the vial, as the syringes were loaded, and in a cool box on her desk.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, samtam said:

My understanding is A represents Siam Bioscience. The nurse said it was SB. I did not see the vial, as the syringes were loaded, and in a cool box on her desk.

Indeed that appears to be local lot number series - mine at Phyathai2 on 25 June was A1009 and wife obtained A1016 at Vejthani on 14th July.  

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed that appears to be local lot number series - mine at Phyathai2 on 25 June was A1009 and wife obtained A1016 at Vejthani on 14th July.  

Interesting that our lot numbers are so close, and the dates quite far apart. Not sure how many vials per lot, however.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

Sorry to have to ask, but where did you see A is SBS?

I read it on here, but I cannot remember in which topic. However, the nurse who administered my jab this morning told me it was SBS.

If I come across the topic with the info you are asking, I will post it, or someone who posted the Lot Numbers can respond.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I read it on here, but I cannot remember in which topic. However, the nurse who administered my jab this morning told me it was SBS.

If I come across the topic with the info you are asking, I will post it, or someone who posted the Lot Numbers can respond.

https://www.azcovid-19.com/content/dam/azcovid/pdf/thailand/th-epil-azd1222-en.pdf

Page 12: Lot A#####

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

Province: Bangkok (I am in Chonburi)

Date: 20th July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) MedPark

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Over 60

How did you register? Email and follow up phone calls. Took a bit of persistence.

Vaccination received (yes/no) AZ

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ (We were given a choice of AZ or Sinopharm upon arrival at the hostpital.)

I registered in May and followed up with phone calls. I was called back several days after my last call by admin from the hospital and offered Sinovac. I declined. I then was called a few days later and offered an appointment of "either Sinovac or AZ, we won't be able to tell you before the day of appointment". I heard rumours that AZ would be available and accepted the appointment. Upon arrival I was given a choice of either AZ or Sinopharm. 

I and those in my party are over 60. But most people getting vaccines seemed to be under 60.

Procedure was smooth. Nurse administering the shot was proficient. I barely felt anything. Even now, 24 hours later, barely any discomfort in the arm.

Next jab: 12 weeks from the first.

Overall: good experience.

Good for you mate. I registered online with them and received an email. I haven't received any calls from the hospital or being offered any choice of vaccine. So I guess a couple days before I'll phone them, just to reconfirm and enquire about which vax. Like yourself I want AZ, or if they have anything better going on the day. Really would rather not get any Sino. I am 73.

MedParkheader.60dcaff450d851.25396176.pn

Your free government allocated vaccine booking has been confirmed. This booking is only valid if, at the time of your booking, you have not previously received any COVID-19 vaccine. This booking is also not transferrable. Please show up with your passport at the time of your booking,
Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 13:30-14:00

2 hours ago, grain said:

Good for you mate. I registered online with them and received an email. I haven't received any calls from the hospital or being offered any choice of vaccine. So I guess a couple days before I'll phone them, just to reconfirm and enquire about which vax. Like yourself I want AZ, or if they have anything better going on the day. Really would rather not get any Sino. I am 73.

MedParkheader.60dcaff450d851.25396176.pn

Your free government allocated vaccine booking has been confirmed. This booking is only valid if, at the time of your booking, you have not previously received any COVID-19 vaccine. This booking is also not transferrable. Please show up with your passport at the time of your booking,
Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 13:30-14:00

I'm pretty sure you'll be offered AZ on arrival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Location (name of hospital or other)  Phyathai 2 Sanam Pao

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)  Over 60, no serious illnesses 

How did you register? Lucky Intervac goal

Vaccination received (yes/no)  Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

In the spirit on helping those who helped me . . .

Notes: Arrived at the registration desk in Building B at 11:55 am. Got my shot at 12:55 pm, over an hour before the allotted time of 2 pm. In the registration lineup in the Bldg B lobby, beside the Starbucks, there were dozens of people ahead of me. They were mostly Thai and Chinese plus a smattering of others from SEA, but quite a few westerners too. It took over half an hour to process my registration as the passports were piling up.

You are given a clipboard to fill in a medical questionnaire with bio and signature. Very quick to do because it's checkboxes. Then the speed picks up after you go up to the 8th floor. Waited 10 minutes and tried to get the BP down, did BP, waited again for the shot, then oh about 15 minutes later into the AZ office. Two small offices marked Sino, I think.

The nurse was genial, professional and careful. Also, along the way, they always confirmed your name and vaccine (AZ).  The needle <deleted> was barely noticeable. Then I was led to the recovery room, in front of a big service desk. My time was about 20 minutes, as I set my phone timer. No problems and I didn't hear anyone else have post-vac complaints.

Then you are handed your next vac date and dismissed. Mine's mid-October, exactly 12 weeks, so they are still sticking to the 12 week gap. Hope that changes to 8 weeks.

Overall: Phyathai staff were hard working, fast, genial and professional. Very impressed. 

Tips: The registration desk is just to the left when you enter Bldg B. Start at the far left and hand in your passport and hang around or sit down in the waiting area surrounding the Starbucks.

Get there early. Once you have your PP back and head up to the 8th, the system moves very fast. 

It seems that a low number (mine was a surprising 4) for service means you're in the AZ group. Nearly everyone else got numbers into the 400s and 500s at the time. Seems they were the Sinovac group.

Last: the hospital's corridors and various rooms are rather tight and small, unlike Bangkok's St. Louis Hospital, for example. Very hard to do the social distance thing. So you might want to have a proper mask  

Photos: The central tower of Phyathai 2 from exit 1 of Sanam Pao BTS station; driveway entry to Building B; lobby entrance of Bldg B.

tv-phya-distant.jpg

tv-phya-entry.jpg

tv-phya-bldgB.jpg

My blood pressure, and that of the other two in my party, was through the roof. I didn't realize I was so anxious. Must be the accumulation of months of anticipation.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:35 PM, bradiston said:

All I could find were the lot numbers of the 5m Indian manufactured doses not recognised in the EU...

4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003

From your link, the relevant info in the attached file. Cheers mate!

Screenshot_20210719-173417_OneDrive.jpg

Thank you for all of that, including the full attachment. That's really useful to have

Taking a closer look at my 2 shot certificate from Phayathai 2 I notice they have given me a Thai ID number. I haven't tested it out on any sites yet, but who knows? Will report back if it works! Anyone else got one? All is forgiven if it works!

1 hour ago, goatfarmer said:

My blood pressure, and that of the other two in my party, was through the roof. I didn't realize I was so anxious. Must be the accumulation of months of anticipation.

Same when I had my first jab. Gave it 3 goes then off to the no hopers corner where there was a nice doctor who used an old fashioned bpometer or whatever they're called. Pumped it up a few times, let it go, ok now, and I was ushered in for the jab. Now that's what I call health care!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dddave said:

Date: 16 July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): Bang Sue Grand Terminal, Gate 1, Bangkok 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? 78/No

How did you register?: 1) Through hospital directly & 2) No prior registration/appointment required 

Found out about this opportunity for foreigners 75 and older on Thursday, July 15.  Sunday, July 18 was said to be the last day.  It has since been extended indefinitely.

I took a Bolt ride share from Jomtien Friday morning (B1200 to Bang Sue), arriving at Gate#1 at 09:50.  It was crowded and initially confusing but there were volunteer guides in distinctive yellow shirts (most from AIS and Thai Airways) who pointed me to rows of chairs just inside the main doors. 

As I entered, I was asked my age, then sent to a set of chairs for a BP check.  Not unlike musical chairs, one moved ahead each time the persons in front of you moved ahead until I reached the BP station: about 10 minutes.

After checking my BP, I was given a set of papers with my BP readout attached and directed in a general left direction.

In about 50 feet, was a screening station where my papers were checked and I was directed to a station specifically for foreigners.  Again, a short session of musical chairs, then to a desk where my passport was requested, then answered a general health questionnaire and filled out an address form.  The interviewer was fluent in English, friendly and helpful. He also gave me a document certifying my first dose and giving me an appointment for the second dose October 8.

Again, ushered to another set of chairs nearby with only one person in front of me.  Within a minute it was my turn.  The jab was painless.  A small plaster was applied and I was directed to another post-injection area where they requested you wait 30 minutes before departing, a sensible caution. 

I waited the prescribed 30 minutes, then headed towards the exits.  There were several water/energy drink stations providing free refreshments.  Total elapsed time: one hour twenty minutes.

Getting out of Bang Sue Station was more difficult than getting in.  It's huge and there were hundreds of people milling about.  It took me 15 minutes to finally snag a taxi to my Bangkok apartment where I spent the night before returning to Jomtien the next day.

No discernable side-effects what-so-ever.

Didn't you get a next appointment card? At Phayathai 2 you wait your 30 mins until they call you up. They then give you either a 2nd appointment slip or a jab certificate.

41 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Taking a closer look at my 2 shot certificate from Phayathai 2 I notice they have given me a Thai ID number. I haven't tested it out on any sites yet, but who knows? Will report back if it works! Anyone else got one? All is forgiven if it works!

There is indeed a 13 digit number starting with 600000

• Thanks 1

Sheryl,

Thank you for the status update a few days ago.  I am seeing more successful registrations and vaccinations listed here.  I am unable to register in person at Hua Hin Hospital and at Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin.  I messaged Praram 9 Hospital in Bangkok on 3 June.  Their reply:

"As of the moment, the Thai FDA is currently approving and waiting for importing the vaccine. Therefore, we can’t provide you the information on the covid-19 vaccine including the availability of vaccine, process, brand, price, and manufacturer. If there are any updates, we will hurry to inform you."  I've requested updates twice, but no reply.  This is my primary care hospital that I use for my Service Connected Disabilities treatment.  I use the U.S. Foreign Medical Program, Dept. of Veterans Affairs.  Praram 9 and Bangkok Hospitals are private; Hua Hin Hospital is government.

I talked with my neighbor Nigel, 20 July.  He informs me his appt. at Hua Hin Hospital for vaccination on 9 July was refused as no vaccine.  He did get on a registration list.  His number is 11,xxx.  John has number 15,xxx.  Neighbor/renter Dieter is not trying to register as it is "cumbersome".

I am 72, have diabetes and fat.

Again, Prachuabkhirikhan Province or at least the northern part are not very successful in getting vaccinations.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

16 hours ago, bradiston said:

Didn't you get a next appointment card? At Phayathai 2 you wait your 30 mins until they call you up. They then give you either a 2nd appointment slip or a jab certificate.

They made my appointment for the 2nd dose at the screening station just prior to my jab and gave me a document affirming my first dose and showing the appointment date/time for the 2nd jab.

• Like 1

Date: 22-Jul-2021

Location (name of hospital or other): Phyathai 2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)  Yes

How did you register? ThailandIntervac, this was 2nd dose so they SMS'd me day before

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Sinovac

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

Phyathai 2 sent me an SMS night before for 2nd appointment that included the wrong building and floor to attend (Building A 9th fl where I went for first dose). I waited for lift up to 9th fl for 30 minutes in a long queue of Thais only to be sent back down and told I was in wrong location as this was for Thais only now. I showed them the SMS they sent me 12 hours earlier, telling me to go there, but they were not interested. New location in Building B went smoothly.

I am unimpressed with the vaccine from all the news about it, and felt absolutely nothing as it went in my arm or since. Unlike when I pay for vaccines, they show you nothing about the vaccine they are giving you, it could be anything going in the arm, its already in the syringe before entering the room. Now I look forward to getting a mRNA shot in several months to come as I feel as exposed as ever.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, goatfarmer said:

Province: Bangkok (I am in Chonburi)

Date: 20th July 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) MedPark

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Over 60

How did you register? Email and follow up phone calls. Took a bit of persistence.

Vaccination received (yes/no) AZ

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ (We were given a choice of AZ or Sinopharm upon arrival at the hostpital.)

I registered in May and followed up with phone calls. I was called back several days after my last call by admin from the hospital and offered Sinovac. I declined. I then was called a few days later and offered an appointment of "either Sinovac or AZ, we won't be able to tell you before the day of appointment". I heard rumours that AZ would be available and accepted the appointment. Upon arrival I was given a choice of either AZ or Sinopharm. 

I and those in my party are over 60. But most people getting vaccines seemed to be under 60.

Procedure was smooth. Nurse administering the shot was proficient. I barely felt anything. Even now, 24 hours later, barely any discomfort in the arm.

Next jab: 12 weeks from the first.

Overall: good experience.

How was the crowd/social distancing there at MedPark? I ask because I saw photos from another BKK vax venue with everyone lined up and packed shoulder to shoulder....no way will I get into a packed crowd like that. So what's the deal at Medpark?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grain said:

How was the crowd/social distancing there at MedPark? I ask because I saw photos from another BKK vax venue with everyone lined up and packed shoulder to shoulder....no way will I get into a packed crowd like that. So what's the deal at Medpark?

Don't think you would like Phyathai 2 Hospital. The corridors and rooms are too small for my liking. There's very little room to practice social distance.

18 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Don't think you would like Phyathai 2 Hospital. The corridors and rooms are too small for my liking. There's very little room to practice social distance.

Agreed. Double mask up. The hospital by its location and size doesn't lend to social distancing.  The staff are working their butts off but you got feel for them, seem powerless - just following government orders and daily allocation of government provided jabs.

• Like 1