Province: Buriram

Date: 23rd August 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) Local amphur

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Aged 65, not chronically ill

How did you register? Local Poo Yai Ban

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

An announcement was made over the village PA that villagers who were 18+ should attend the amphur on Monday 2nd Aug for vaccination. The rollout plan was Sinovac first dose followed by AZ 2nd dose 3 weeks later. All my family including me went. I was told that I could not be vaccinated that day and would be vaccinated later, the excuse was that there was "no paperwork" for me. My family all got Sinovac. On Sunday 22nd August my wife got a call to say that I should attend the amphur when they went for their second dose on Monday 23rd August. We got there at around 8:15 am and just after 11am we had all been vaccinated with AZ. Only AZ was being administered that day because the event was really only for 2nd doses.

I reckon about 450-500 people were vaccinated that day. My second dose is scheduled for November 15th. I've been quite lucky really because my initial rejection meant that instead of a Sinovac/AZ "cocktail" I've I ended up with AZ/AZ jabs. 

I also registered with Buriram-IC.com and expatvac.consular.go.th. Yesterday I got an SMS from Buriram-IC.com saying "You have an appointment for your 1st dose vaccination at Buriram hospital. During the day 25-27 Aug 2021 (9 a.m.- 3 p.m). Sorry if you have been vaccinated". No reply from expatvac.

Interesting that they 'piped' the announcement. Presumably if your house was out of range and you couldn't understand Thai you wouldn't have known? You did well by default though!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, elwood said:

I received Sinovac last week at my local government hospital, where I am registered, and will have AZ in September,

I am still awaiting any news from expatvac, so when my wife phoned the hospital and they said come in next day, I grabbed the opportunity. For me, taking the Sinovac/AZ choice was preferable to waiting for a possible expatvac Phizer later. Like you said, aged 80 I want to avoid the ventilator and, although this combo may possibly not be  as effective as Phizer, I feel more relaxed now I have taken the first step.

To me, a first jab is better than an indefinite wait.

A doctor once told me she has nightmares about dying of suffocation. Knowing the theory and having seen what happens to patients I can fully understand that. Don't delay.

• Like 1

Province: Surin

Date: 26 Aug 2021

How registered: expatvac

Vac received: Yes 1st jab

Type: Pfizer

Having registered 1 August with expatvac & nothing heard since, I was rung out of the blue yesterday by Prasat Hospital to go to Rajaphat Uni today at 1100.

As a well-trained Oz former bureaucrat I got there 20 minutes early with everything a Thai bureaucrat could possible demand: b/f with camera, p/p, d/l, WHO vax booklet, proof of address and clean undies (As my mother would have said: You never know ... ).

Was a bit disordered - overwhelmed by numbers of people (mostly Thais getting their SV or AZ) and the Thai specialty in complex administration tottering on the edge of chaotic. But all done with smiles and helpfulness and really no cause for complaint. The actual jab was over and done in about 7.3 seconds and I didn't even know it had been done. Was out after 90 minutes.

No bad effects since though my usual 65-minute post-prandial snooze was some 2 hours and a very deep sleep.

2nd jab confirmed for 3 weeks (16 Sept).

• Like 1

Kalasin

24 Aug 2021

Kalasin Provincial Hospital

Aged 72. No chronic illnesses

Expatvac

Pfizer received

Notes:

Vaccination appointment notified by telephone call only; suggest keeping phone at hand at all times.

My Thai wife, aged 59, has not yet received a jab...not good ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

No bad effects since though my usual 65-minute post-prandial snooze was some 2 hours and a very deep sleep.

Well done !                                                                                                                                     Since retiring as a bureaucrat you have reduced your post-prandial snooze to just 65 minutes !  ????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, shackleton said:

Province Chai Nat

Date Monday 23rd August

Ruan Phaet Private hospital 

71 years old Prostate cancer 

Registered expatvac

Vaccination  received  yes

Type Pfizer 

I would like to add arrived at 1400hrs passport checked plus my name on the list 

Waited until 1500hrs there was 6 of us Westerners up to the floor where they were carrying out the process blood pressure check filled in the hospital check list then recieved the Pfizer vaccine 

Waited 30 minutes the head nurse told us any after effects report back to the hospital  a telephone number given after the 30 minute wait a other blood pressure check  taken if okay given the next appointment  20th September for the second vaccine

Have to say the hospital staff were brilliant well organised

And proficient at carrying out the process 

A pleasant experience looking forward to my next visit 

• Like 1

Received my first jab of Pfizer on the 24th, no side effects for a couple of days, but on the 27th started to feel like I had a cold coming on, tired and a bit of a runny nose, general feeling of not being 100%. That feeling is still with me on the 3rd day. I hope it goes soon. They say the secong shot is worse!

• Like 1

Received my second Astra Zeneca jab today at Central Marina, Second road, Pattaya, administered by Pattaya Memorial Hospital. Super professional activity by hospital staff , got in at 10:55, paperwork and vaccin, ready 5 minutes later +30 minutes resting. (Initially registration May 5 on Mor Prom and first jab June 7) Everything had been worked out flawlessly . 

Edited by spetersen
Adding location
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spetersen said:

Received my second Astra Zeneca jab today at Central Marina, Second road, Pattaya, administered by Pattaya Memorial Hospital. Super professional activity by hospital staff , got in at 10:55, paperwork and vaccin, ready 5 minutes later +30 minutes resting. (Initially registration May 5 on Mor Prom and first jab June 7) Everything had been worked out flawlessly . 

at 4pm got a message on the phone from the Mor Promt App. I got a (Thailand Certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination)

stating  when I got my jab's  what I got and where I got it... Some stuff really seem to work as I should.

• Thanks 1

Province: Chon Buri (drove from Saraburi)

Date: 26 August

Location Bangkok Pattaya Hospital at Central Festival 

Are you over 60/chronically ill?  No

How did you register? Online google form from link provided by BPH

Vaccination received Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Pfizer 

Second jab booked for 3 weeks later. No response from expat vac so decided to drive to Pattaya. 

Edited by Saraburi121
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Phyathai 2

SMS received today changing second shot from 17 Sep to 10 Sep so those scheduled for 2nd AZ at 12 weeks may want to keep eye out for possible change.

I got a comparable SMS in TH language yesterday from P2 moving up my ostensible 2nd AZ dose from Sept. 22 to Sept. 8 (this coming Weds).  That came as more than a bit of a surprise out of the blue!

But what I'd really like is if they'd let me substitute a Pfizer vaccine as my second dose instead of another AZ dose.... But I'm not hopeful on the likelihood of P2 being willing to allow that -- even though the Thai govt. is now moving toward beginning mixed AZ-Pfizer dosing starting next month, according to a news post here the other day.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Thailand had only 2.5 million Pfizer a month ago and they still have some? After 600,000 went to health care workers. It seems they had more then 2.5 mil but who knows. They dont have it in northern Thailand where i live. I will be flying back to USA next month to visit for the holidays and get 2 jabs of Moderna.

1 hour ago, dekestone said:

I also got a text from P2 moving my 2nd AZ jab from Sep 29th to Sep 10th. Does anyone know the reasoning behind changing the dates?

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has announced that the time between doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine will be reduced, to combat rapid local transmission of the Delta variant of COVID-19.

Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit explained that the time between the first and second shots will be reduced to 8 weeks, instead of 10-12 weeks.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210623110114151

• Like 1

Just now, dekestone said:

I somehow missed that announcement. Interesting, it was made a month before my first jab. 

And there was a severe shortage of AZ vaccine - they actually tried to increase the time to 16 weeks just prior to that - appears they are starting to catch up with demand and shorting time gradually as supplies become available.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 8:28 AM, dekestone said:

I also got a text from P2 moving my 2nd AZ jab from Sep 29th to Sep 10th. Does anyone know the reasoning behind changing the dates?

Can't answer that question but had my 2nd AZ jab today (Sept 7th) which was also moved up two weeks at PT2.  Just luck that I saw it had been changed in the Mor prom app (in Thai) as no text msg this time. I did call them yesterday and they confirmed it was now today.

Unlike first visit it was absolutely not busy - literally less than 10 minutes from time I arrived on 9 until seated in the 30 minute waiting room. I have a feeling many are not aware that their 2nd appointment has changed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over 60 in Samoeng and no health issues!

Applied on ChiangMai Wall in July and got my 13 digit confirmation number almost immediately and also filled application with Expatvac early August.…sat back and waited.

Email arrived around end of August for first vax shot Pfizer at McKormick Hospital in two days!

Arrived half hour early…already 100 in line ahead of us but it went well and quickly got to the front where they asked for my 13 digit confirmation # ( I assume that meant it was the ChiangMai Wall app. that was successful) …second shot on Sept 15!

no side effects.

***Well run start to finish with non of the issues that those crazies hanging around on Thai Visa virtually guaranteed would happen????

*** when you’re in line leave some room for social distancing and wear a mask…couple of European dudes displayed some really bad “in lineup” behavior…just sayin’.

Edited by Kanada

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Got my 2nd AZ shot this morning at Phyathai II Hospital, coming about 10 weeks after my first shot. My original appointment for the 2nd shot was going to be about 12 weeks after, but they moved it up to today via an SMS received a few days back.

The process this morning at PII was much expedited compared to my first go-round back in late June. There was no queue of people waiting out in the first waiting area, unlike last time, and maybe only 20 people waiting inside the second waiting area after they've collected your passports.

This time, at the paperwork checking station, there was just a quick temperature check and no blood pressure check, unlike the first time. Though they did have a sign up saying they wouldn't give you the vaccine if your blood pressure was above, I believe, 180/100.

Not surprisingly, I did ask about the notion of getting my second shot as a Pfizer shot instead of another AZ shot, and was clearly told NO. I demurred, saying the government next month says they're going to be going to mixed AZ and Pfizer doses. And was again told NO, this time, with the rep claiming they didn't have any Pfizer doses available right now.

In the end, though, they did give me a paper sheet titled "Thailand Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination" that listed all my personal details, and then went on to list the dates, locations and types of vaccine given for my first and second shots. Along with a for-now blank section for a future 3rd dose. The form has a big QR code up in the top right corner, which connects to your personal vaccination info in the MoPH database, and thus can be used by third parties to verify your vaccination details in the future when presenting the certificate.

I arrived there a bit before 10 am, and was done and out the door by 10:30 am.

**** I demurred, saying the government next month says they're going to be going to mixed AZ and Pfizer doses.****
For the life of me I can never figure out why you guys have to “demur”

or say something….anything just so you can give your opinion!

The overworked health care worker doesn’t care what you think is going to happen next month…they aren’t interested in anything you have to say because you know zip, nada, nothing about what’s going on!!

Jeeeeez….just go in…shut up….get your shot and say thank you….then get the H out of the way so they can move on to someone else and do their job ????

18 minutes ago, Kanada said:

**** I demurred, saying the government next month says they're going to be going to mixed AZ and Pfizer doses.****
For the life of me I can never figure out why you guys have to “demur”

or say something….anything just so you can give your opinion!

The overworked health care worker doesn’t care what you think is going to happen next month…they aren’t interested in anything you have to say because you know zip, nada, nothing about what’s going on!!

Jeeeeez….just go in…shut up….get your shot and say thank you….then get the H out of the way so they can move on to someone else and do their job ????

The whole exchange took about 30 seconds. It was worth a try, just in case, since a dual dose Pfizer vaccine, or combo AZ and Pfizer vaccine, is generally considered more effective than a regular two dose AZ regimen....

Sorry if my desire to get a better, more effective vaccine regimen than the one they're offering me -- when others like the poster below are already getting dual Pfizer doses -- offended your delicate sensibilities.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Live near Udon Thani. 
We had a lady representative from our area come to our house and asked for copies of our passports (my wife has dual citizenship Canada and Thailand) and our house book. 
The next day we received a call from a doctor telling us to go register at the Udon Provincial Health Office. 
I registered and we tried to register my wife, but at that time they told her “foreigners only”. I was vaccinated the next day with Pfizer and will have my 2nd on September 13th. 
My wife called back the next day to plead her case and talked directly with the doctor in charge, she was then able to register and received her first Pfizer shot 2 days after me. 
I found the whole process pretty well organized, even though mine was the first day for foreigners (took a bit of time as, I think, they hadn’t thought of an “extra form” that would be needed to present at the second appointment). My vaccination took about 90-120min from start to finish. 2 days later my wife’s took less than 60min to complete. 
Free! 
We have also registered and paid for Moderna at Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani, but have been told we can “give” that to someone else. Of course the appointment time is between October and January 2022, so who knows how that will all turn out lol

Not easy to say most days, but have to say “Thank You Thai government” ????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The whole exchange took about 30 seconds. It was worth a try, just in case, since a dual dose Pfizer vaccine, or combo AZ and Pfizer vaccine, is generally considered more effective than a regular two dose AZ regimen....

Sorry if my desire to get a better, more effective vaccine regimen than the one they're offering offended your delicate sensibilities.

Well if there had been an alternative you would have been made aware…I always try to think about what those people have to put up with in a day?