COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

21 hours ago, lightsidecat said:

Can't answer that question but had my 2nd AZ jab today (Sept 7th) which was also moved up two weeks at PT2.  Just luck that I saw it had been changed in the Mor prom app (in Thai) as no text msg this time. I did call them yesterday and they confirmed it was now today.

Unlike first visit it was absolutely not busy - literally less than 10 minutes from time I arrived on 9 until seated in the 30 minute waiting room. I have a feeling many are not aware that their 2nd appointment has changed.  

I checked my appointment in Morprom app and saw my initial 2nd AZ appointment on Sep22 moved to today (Sep8). I didnt get any sms. I just saw it now, so there is no chance for me to go Phyathai 2 hospital within today as I have some appointed meetings to attend. Do you guys have any idea if I could stick to my original appointment and go there on Sep22? 

Edited by Silvia94

1 hour ago, Silvia94 said:

I checked my appointment in Morprom app and saw my initial 2nd AZ appointment on Sep22 moved to today (Sep8). I didnt get any sms. I just saw it now, so there is no chance for me to go Phyathai 2 hospital within today as I have some appointed meetings to attend. Do you guys have any idea if I could stick to my original appointment and go there on Sep22? 

I think you could go any time, any day up to and including your original appointment day.  Trust me, they are fully staffed and appear looking for customers LOL.   I called 1772 and a couple of button pushes and one transfer and a fellow answered my query.  Also if it helps I drove and used their parkade for this jab vs. BTS etc.. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The whole exchange took about 30 seconds. It was worth a try, just in case, since a dual dose Pfizer vaccine, or combo AZ and Pfizer vaccine, is generally considered more effective than a regular two dose AZ regimen....

Sorry if my desire to get a better, more effective vaccine regimen than the one they're offering me -- when others like the poster below are already getting dual Pfizer doses -- offended your delicate sensibilities.

I had thought about asking for Pfizer myself as the 2nd jab but things moved so fast when I got there I forgot, so I appreciate you doing so and posting what the answer would have been. 

My Thai wife aged 55 had a Sinovac jab about 6 weeks ago and apart from a bit of pain around the jab site she was fine. Last Wednesday she had an AZ jab. For about 72 hours she was sleeping through a bad headache and now some 96 hours later she is finally Ok if a little wobbly at standing for a long while.

On Friday morning I had my first jab of Pfizer (I am 77) with no ill effects apart from a bit of soreness around the jab site. I go for my 2nd Pfizer jab on 4th October.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccine successfully received.

Province:  Bangkok

Date: 7-June-2021

Are you over 60/chronically ill? 
Not Chronically ill. Aged 46

Had a Pulmonary Embolism (last year)

How did you register: Moh Promt - using details on pink ID. 

Vaccination received: Yes

Type of vaccine :  AstraZenica

A very impressive set up at Med Park Hospital Bangkok. 
Not even a hint of ‘Farang cannot’… all smiles, very efficient.

Received AZ vaccine within 5 mins of arrival. Then had to wait 30mins before leaving.

It had a farang friend tell me they were allowing walk-ins last week.

registered with thailandintervac in June

10. Sept. 2nd jab AZ

Phyathai2, Bangkok

again smooth, well organized, friendly medical staff.

mild headache at evening after 2nd jab

(no symptoms after 1st jab)

i got the "green certificate"

1 hour later on Mor Prom app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going for second Pfizer Wednesday 

Im not hearing a lot of talk on here about vaccination certificate showing you’ve had both shots etc. for travel etc!

Can I expect to get this after second shot there on the spot or how are they doing it OR is every place different?

Khon Kaen Central September 12th, Pfeizer.:

Very organized.

It took around an hour from parking the car to exiting the mall.

This includeds  a 20 minute wait after the vaccine to wait for any unexpected side effects.

They offered free Sinopharm for Thais as well.

The place was crowded but all COVID-19 health protocols were followed as best they could under the circumstances.

Great experience.

Stayed at the Avani.  Very nice hotel.  Look for the Thai resident rate.

Pullman was walkable but its a bit dated.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:41 PM, TooBigToFit said:

Well, when I got my second shot there was a table there where you went after the 30 minute wait. You gave them your passport and papers from the shot and they printed up a couple of pages that show you were vaccinated twice. One of the papers has a QR code on it. I guess you take that to the Ministry of Health in Bangkok and they will give you a vaccination book. I think you can use the papers they give you that day to travel too if you are going back to your home country or in Thailand. There's also an online certificate you can get but I haven't done that yet. Anyways, there should be a table somewhere at the place where you get vaccinated where you wait that 30 minutes to do the paperwork. Thais were also doing it I guess for future travels.

Any symptoms on second shot? fever, body aches, Headache ? 

Had both my Pfizer jabs now in Sukhothai and got a certificate today with dates and info as proof. 

1st jab bit of a stiff arm next day but felt fine next day. 

2nd jab same with arm bit a bit of fever in the night and next day felt a bit delicate and cloudy. 

But all good the day after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if I'm on the wrong thread.

I had an Astrazenica jab (75+) at Bang Sue -- luckily a few days before the stampede.

Very friendly and efficient but luckily, I had a Thai friend as translator.

Soon, I am due for the second.  The lady who jabbed me said tat the second must also be at Bang Sue.

I thought that I'd read an announcement recently that the venue can be changed within two weeks of the appointment -- did I dream This.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, Promsak said:

Sorry if I'm on the wrong thread.

I had an Astrazenica jab (75+) at Bang Sue -- luckily a few days before the stampede.

Very friendly and efficient but luckily, I had a Thai friend as translator.

Soon, I am due for the second.  The lady who jabbed me said tat the second must also be at Bang Sue.

I thought that I'd read an announcement recently that the venue can be changed within two weeks of the appointment -- did I dream This.

It is possible to change venue for the second shot, at least in some places. In Hua Hin you can scan a QR code issued by the government hospital, so I would try contacting your local government hospital and see if they have a procedure for doing this.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 5/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sheryl said:

Province: Bangkok

Date: 27 September 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) BNH Bangkok 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes: over 60/ No: chronically ill

How did you register? Mor Prom

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes: 2nd dose

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: N/A

Received 2nd shot of AZ this morning, after 1st shot on 19 July, (10 weeks). Managed to get 2nd shot appointment brought forward by 2 weeks.

Greatest relief was not having to do BP test before being jabbed, as this caused my inherent "white coat" syndrome; did not anticipate this, and had been observing strict preventative measures ahead of it, including no caffeine for 7 days, and no alcohol for several weeks, with brief exceptions. Also ate high potassium foods like bananas and avocadoes etc.

MOPH certificate issued afterwards, which should be updated on the Mor Prom app; so far only "history", not "certificate" is showing, but will check later. QR code (on hard copy certificate which shows all details) links to MOPH, but in Thai. Mor Prom app digital certificate should be accepted for international travel, (eg Cathay Pacific for Hong Kong does, per their website).

Second great relief is to be finally "fully vaccinated" after 6 months of waiting, and bemused that my friends of a similar age in UK and USA are now getting their boosters.

Unusual experience to dress properly to exit my condo, get in my Grab, and see a few people after 2-3 months of self imposed isolation, except for my 3/4 times weekly swim at my pool. House arrest is over; parole begins????

• Like 2

2nd AstraZenica vaccine.

2 hours ago,

27th September.

Si Chiang Mai Hospital,

Nong Khai Province.

No reactions to vaccination so far.

Same proficient protocols and same professionalism as the 1st time.  I went after their lunch break this time so I was in and out in less than 1 hour.

• Like 2

Hi Sheryl ..........   

I was vaccinated at Bumrungrad Hospital Sukhumvit soi 1. 

Received my 2 x doses of Pfizer,   the final dose given last week.

Nil side affects apart from a slightly sore arm for a day.

Excellent organized service,  the staff are very efficient and lead you to and from each section of the process. 

Very efficient service and organized perfectly.

Province:                                                          :   Bangkok

Date:                                                                :   23rd Sept'  2021  ( final dose )

Location (name of hospital or other)          :    Bumrungrad hospital, Sukhumvit soi 1.  

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)   :    No

How did you register?                                   :     Expatvac registration

Vaccination received (yes/no)                     :    Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :                                :     Pfizer

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samtam said:

MOPH certificate issued afterwards, which should be updated on the Mor Prom app; so far only "history", not "certificate" is showing, but will check later. QR code (on hard copy certificate which shows all details) links to MOPH, but in Thai. Mor Prom app digital certificate should be accepted for international travel, (eg Cathay Pacific for Hong Kong does, per their website).

Mor Prom app is now showing full certificate with dates of each of the 2 AZ doses, name, passport number etc, and I understand this is acceptable to Cathay Pacific for travel on that airline, although I will confirm with them, if I can get to their office. Calls to the Cathay enquiries elicit unhelpful answers, such as "you will know when you check in"; before you check in you have to buy 21 days at a quarantine hotel in Hong Kong, which is only refundable 5 days before in some cases, and it ain't cheap.

• Like 1

It has been possible since June for foreigners of age to obtain free government supplied vaccines if that is your question. And for a month or so for others younger at least in red zones.  AFAIK sales have not started yet and believe most of them will be for those who made reservations and paid months ago.   Pfizer was available to foreigners free last month but suspect has already been used/committed.

Edited by lopburi3

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It has been possible since June for foreigners of age to obtain free government supplied vaccines if that is your question. And for a month or so for others younger at least in red zones.  AFAIK sales have not started yet and believe most of them will be for those who made reservations and paid months ago.   Pfizer was available to foreigners free last month but suspect has already been used/committed.

150 Thousand doses of Pfizer for 3 million Expats. US citizens got very few

On 10/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, club said:

There is nowhere near 3 million expats in Thailand (unless you are including migrant workers from Cambodia and Myanmar).

I am still getting reports of expats receiving Pfizer.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, club said:

Know quite a few of my US citizen friends that had Pfizer and you have no way of knowing that US citizens got very few.  Some were not eligible because they received other vaccines prior to the opportunity for Pfizer.  We are all in this together so quit complaining. 

17 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Know quite a few of my US citizen friends that had Pfizer and you have no way of knowing that US citizens got very few.  Some were not eligible because they received other vaccines prior to the opportunity for Pfizer.  We are all in this together so quit complaining. 

Actually You can have Pfizer. Its turned into the USA version of Sinovac. Make sure to tell your friends to get their boosters 6 months after second jab, just like Sinovac . I will be in the USA getting Moderna in 3 weeks. Stop the crying  https://news.yahoo.com/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-223358712.html 

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is nowhere near 3 million expats in Thailand (unless you are including migrant workers from Cambodia and Myanmar).

I am still getting reports of expats receiving Pfizer.

That's correct don't understand many posts here they seemed very stressed, maybe because they live in highly farangie populated areas.

I told my local hospital New Sukhothai I will be quite happy to have Sinovac they told me I can't it's for Thai people, you will to wait until we receive Pfizer for you. 

I have both now and my wife has had 1 sinovac and her 2nd tomorrow will be AZ.

Sukhothai had done a good job. ????