Covid lockdowns Globally

Pla nin

16 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

The US didn’t do the worst though, there’s a bunch of countries which had higher per-capita death and case rates, and some of them were wealthy, developed European countries.

This is what I can’t understand: So many people want to blame Donald Trump personally for each and every death that happened in America, but they seem to have very little to say about the leaders of other countries who’s results were just as poor, despite them apparently doing all the right things. This isn’t a defense of Trump’s handling of the pandemic, I’m just pointing out the inconsistency; I haven’t heard anyone hysterically screaming that the leaders of Belgium or Peru have committed genocide. 

Trump certainly did not help but to what extent is an argument that will go nowhere.  I thought America was well positioned with good health care and not being densely populated like Europe but I was wrong.  I just keep hearing silly arguments, NOT your argument, comparing completely unrelated countries or states.  

Peru keeps being mentioned and used to make a point but it seems to be an outlier. It suffered immensely and why? Lockdowns or lack of were not the cause IMO.   Native Americans in the USA were 4x more likely to catch Covid and 2x more likely to die. Maybe there is a large indigenous population in Peru.  Indigenous people in America have suffered much much worse in past pandemics.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

The US didn’t do the worst though, there’s a bunch of countries which had higher per-capita death and case rates, and some of them were wealthy, developed European countries.

This is what I can’t understand: So many people want to blame Donald Trump personally for each and every death that happened in America, but they seem to have very little to say about the leaders of other countries who’s results were just as poor, despite them apparently doing all the right things. This isn’t a defense of Trump’s handling of the pandemic, I’m just pointing out the inconsistency; I haven’t heard anyone hysterically screaming that the leaders of Belgium or Peru have committed genocide. 

If you look at the first year of the pandemic, the US was the worst.  Hands down.  Other countries are catching up as the US works to get to 70% vaccinated.  They're currently at about 64%.

I don't know anyone who's blaming Trump for each and every death that happened in American.  Come on.

But Trump is personally to blame.  His refusal to take it seriously cost the lives of thousands.  That's well documented.  Do some research on this.

If you read the local news in Belgium, you'll find they are blaming their leader.  Big time.  It's a real mess there right now.

Peru tried to do the right thing and got caught by using a less effective jab, and opening up to quickly.  The latter being a political decision.

Do some research on why Brazil and India are going crazy.  Hint?  Terrible leaders.

• Like 1