Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

I have LINE on my computer, but the app will not work for registration on a computer. I refuse to trash up my phone with another stupid chat app. 
Skype is free, and Messenger is fine too...
If LINE is so great, please tell me how to use the computer version to sign up. 

If it was me, I would get the Sinovac/Sinopharm now if that was all that was on offer for free and then pay for the Moderna once that is available.   You can consult a doctor if you are not sure but everything I have read says it's ok to mix vaccines as long as you wait awhile between shots. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

I fail to see why those in a low risk category (healthy young people) would want to expose themselves to vaccines adverse reaction risks regardless of how low we are told those risks are.

Until these vaccines are approved for general use, these vaccines are only approved for "emergency use" as live-trial study data is still being collected for analysis (2021 - 2023) in order to make a case with each country's FDA to allow the future approval for the vaccine's "general use." 
Until then you are required to sign an informed consent form acknowledging the vaccine's risks prior to being given the shot.

According to the Ebola response head guy, the biggest lesson he learned was to move fast and don't try for a perfect response. The virus won't wait for you. Hundreds of millions have received these Covid vaccines, saving so many lives and allowing countries to slowly return to normal. Imagine what a mess the world would in if we had waited 3 or 4 year for approvals while infections grow exponentially. Up to you, wait for perfection and hope you don't die before it arrives. Me? Second dose in two weeks and can't wait.

9 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

I'm waiting for 50% off once the expiration date passes. 

The Covid varieties that the current vaccine works on should also be a bit stale by then.  No problem. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This slow roll-out, if you could even call it that, is agonizing to follow.  Sorry for the pic, but it says a lot.  I'd like to nominate several government authorities for induction into the Order of the Empty Syringe. 

image.jpeg.174b50bb69f949fe76eecf1c7f780c08.jpeg

19 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

October?  Maybe.  Also, does this mean anyone, any age or any health condition can get the Moderna vaccine as long as they are willing to pay for it?  Or will a priority of need list be established as well(those who are older and/or with under lying health conditions be first).  Either way I do no see myself or anyone else in my category(under 60 and in overall good health) getting vaccinated anytime in the near future.  

A friend of mine has already registered with a hospital for the moderna jab and was given a date in October.

It will be interesting to see if it happens and at what price.

So now the well to do expats can have a summer trip to somewhere that is offering the Pfizer or Moderna shots, stay

a month and get 2 shots, then back to Thailand, all protected.  I am so happy that I will be getting my 2nd shot before the end of this month.

Next year I may try a Moderna booster just to get a bit different formula.  I feel sorry for my poor Thai relatives who only have

the choices they do, unless they are going to risk it until October just to get Moderna.

Geezer

2 minutes ago, arick said:

I posted it on here already 

ขณะนี้อยู่นอกเวลาทำการ เราจะเปิดให้บริการอีกครั้งในเวลา 8.30 น.
--------------------------------
สำหรับวัคซีนทางเลือกโดยคาดว่าจะได้รับวัคซีนเดือนตุลาคม 2564 
ราคาประมาณ 2,000 บาท/เข็ม ไม่รวมค่าบริการทางการแพทย์ค่ะ
ค่าบริการทางการแพทย์ประมาณ 300-500 บาท ขึ้นอยู่กับแต่ละโรงพยาบาลค่ะ
การลงทะเบียนแสดงความสนใจ ขณะนี้ยังไม่มีการเรียกเงินค่ะ
------------------------
สำหรับผู้ที่สนใจ สามารถลงทะเบียนได้ผ่านลิ้งนี้ค่ะ
https://liff.line.me/1656011155-rN1eaRP5
1 account สามารถลงทะเบียนได้ 1 คนค่ะ

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, worrab said:

Same as I have been told for the hospital we have registered at.  2000 baht a shot and a service fee between 200-500 baht. I can live with that for Moderna.

Don't pay up front.... they learn that from off-plan condo sales. 

• Like 1

This is sobering.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/at-modernas-science-day-focus-is-on-covid-variants-51622204258

Moderna Warns New Waves of Covid-19 Are Coming

“As the virus spreads, it is rapidly mutating,” the company’s chief scientific officer, Melissa Moore, said on the call. “Some of these new viral strains appear to be even more transmissible than the original strain… We already know that some of these new strains are less susceptible to neutralization by our current vaccine.”

The company said that it tests new variants in the lab against its vaccines, and is “constantly” making and testing new versions of its vaccine. But it warned that the process is not instantaneous, and that the company’s agility is limited by the complexity of the work.

45 minutes ago, arick said:

ขณะนี้อยู่นอกเวลาทำการ เราจะเปิดให้บริการอีกครั้งในเวลา 8.30 น.
--------------------------------
สำหรับวัคซีนทางเลือกโดยคาดว่าจะได้รับวัคซีนเดือนตุลาคม 2564 
ราคาประมาณ 2,000 บาท/เข็ม ไม่รวมค่าบริการทางการแพทย์ค่ะ
ค่าบริการทางการแพทย์ประมาณ 300-500 บาท ขึ้นอยู่กับแต่ละโรงพยาบาลค่ะ
การลงทะเบียนแสดงความสนใจ ขณะนี้ยังไม่มีการเรียกเงินค่ะ
------------------------
สำหรับผู้ที่สนใจ สามารถลงทะเบียนได้ผ่านลิ้งนี้ค่ะ
https://liff.line.me/1656011155-rN1eaRP5
1 account สามารถลงทะเบียนได้ 1 คนค่ะ

Is there an English version?

Screenshot_20210603-064925_LINE.jpg