The grand re-opening? Just 20 American tourists to arrive in Phuket on July 9

webfact

This report is altogether ill-founded. I am in Australia and am planning to arrive in Phuket on July 10. The Thai Embassy doesn't want to know me and in fact won't process my Certificate of Entry until 15 days before my planned date of departure - and they say to NOT book flights until after then.

I am told that Consulates in the US are operating under the same rules - so OF COURSE  people have not booked yet, even if they are coming.

This has nothing to do with Thai Government unrealistic idealism (although that very well may exist) but rather, journalists not doing their homework.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamemjay said:

This report is altogether ill-founded. I am in Australia and am planning to arrive in Phuket on July 10. The Thai Embassy doesn't want to know me and in fact won't process my Certificate of Entry until 15 days before my planned date of departure - and they say to NOT book flights until after then.

I am told that Consulates in the US are operating under the same rules - so OF COURSE  people have not booked yet, even if they are coming.

This has nothing to do with Thai Government unrealistic idealism (although that very well may exist) but rather, journalists not doing their homework.

Why are you travelling to Thailand? What's the attraction. Genuinely curious.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

That's because most Americans who wanted to come have already arrived. I see many Americans around.

Don't know if they're American but I do see a lot of big white noses poking out over the top of masks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ericdiam said:

It's real hot summer time in usa and Europe next few months with close to no restrictions anymore. Why would they fly all the way here. To find 90% still closed. And rain season

Thats a very good point that I over looked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Yutthasak also said that the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) have still got to ratify the details that will allow double dose vaccinated tourists to enter Thailand

Double dosed tourists to enter a max 65% single dosed Phuket?

So why not allow 65% single dosed tourists in... or is that not safe for Thailand?

Safe trusted Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he had been in discussions with his counterparts at the Thai tourism ministry and they were expecting 3-4 million foreign tourists this year. 

Thaivisa did the math - that would mean for the top end assessment 18,691 would need to arrive every day on average.

They really are in La-la land.

• Like 2