Crypto, a slow walk towards the cliff -

Beowolf

I posted a story here about a year and a half ago, witch did not go down well with the condecending part of the members. (No, that would never happen to me. I`m too smart, Etc.). However, I lost my 80,000 dollar, and there was nothing else to do than live with it. Here in Thailand you can mention Crypto to a policeman, and you get those big brown, cow eyes staring back at you. 

Now, after all this time, I have managed to save enough to get my daughter and me back to our home country. 

Tonight, I got a weird phone call. The woman said she worked at Blockchain.com and her name was Jennifer Smith. She said her company was in posession of the block chain where also my money was, plus the bonus from the increased value of Bitcoin, together 150.000 US. I said I need a day to check her out, because she is most likely a scammer. So I`m asking the members if you ever have come across this name. It`s probably a fake name, but you never know. Or if someone from Blockchain.com have approached you. It`s a long shot, but I need to try every avenue, before I hang up on somebody that actually is telling the truth. Thanks!

Edited by Beowolf
  • Confused 7

definitely scam. Someone from Blockchain will never call. Also a lot of scammers on FB . They use messenger.

One said he worked at blockchain and he wanted to help and asked me if I still had the words needed for a password recovery..

Then I new something was wrong. if you have a problem  you have to submit a request on their website and someone will help you.

• Like 2

I was on another thread trolling the crypto boys and I wasn't too popular.

Criminals in crypto? Who'da thunk, what with all the fake exorbitant rates being dangled around. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Edited by covidiot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beowolf said:

I posted a story here about a year and a half ago, witch did not go down well with the condecending part of the members. (No, that would never happen to me. I`m too smart, Etc.). However, I lost my 80,000 dollar, and there was nothing else to do than live with it.

Whatever you think you invested in, it wasn't crypto.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, covidiot said:

i'm a crypto denier!

you crypto-deniers are great in picking phrases out of context.

50 minutes ago, fdsa said:

accept only cryptocurrencies and online money, no card or wire transfer

this is what a legit website that accepts cryptocurrencies looks like:

crypto1.png.b51dd92780bfa6589f369f6d9e9fbed6.png

this is what a scam website looks like:

crypto2.png.2c62012cbcfcca708af7ae54324500f0.png

(note the auto-translated text from Russian/Indian language to English)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Poet said:

According to Wikipedia, "OneCoin is a Ponzi scheme promoted as a cryptocurrency by Bulgaria-based offshore companies".

Unlike a real crypto, you could not take possession of your own coins. Your "coins" existed only on their website, and that was the only place you could exchange them. The amount you could convert back cash was restricted.

I doubt that anyone capable of posting in a forum could be stupid enough to fall for that.

They took billions of dollars, all round the world people were suckered in by greed. This is an excellent podcast about it. Definitely listen to it if you haven't already

Screenshot_2021-06-03-16-03-03-713_com.bambuna.podcastaddict.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you did not give them your private keys they have no way to access it.

I'm not sure how you lost your 80K.  Did you sell your tokens at loss?  If you never sold them they are still yours.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rwill said:

I'm not sure how you lost your 80K.  Did you sell your tokens at loss?  If you never sold them they are still yours.

Assuming that he ever had them in the first place - - as in - 'wire us your money and we will send you all the pertinent information to access your crypto account ' but a week later, the money is gone and so is the 'worlds largest crypto dealer' who probably guarantees the best rates and services and millions of satisfied customers... 

3 hours ago, mvdf said:

When you are contacted by a stranger for any reason, it's a scam... ALWAYS. Never believe what they say.

My strategy is to simply hold the coins forever until I wake up one day and the market says it's worth enough to convert to cash.

I bought my coins 10 years ago and kept them since then. ????

spacer.png

I hope you have several backups in the different geographic locations.

23 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I hope you have several backups in the different geographic locations.

Yes, backed up on 2 Trezor devices. The first Trezor in a safe deposit box with HSBC. The second Trezor and the handwritten 12 words in another safe deposit box with another bank. Hints for the 12 words are stored in my 1Password app.

• Like 1