Crypto, a slow walk towards the cliff -

Beowolf

On 6/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, fdsa said:

you crypto-deniers are great in picking phrases out of context.

this is what a legit website that accepts cryptocurrencies looks like:

crypto1.png.b51dd92780bfa6589f369f6d9e9fbed6.png

this is what a scam website looks like:

crypto2.png.2c62012cbcfcca708af7ae54324500f0.png

(note the auto-translated text from Russian/Indian language to English)

I hope you have access to adequate food and water while you wait for the deliberate error to be acknowledged.

45 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Yes, backed up on 2 Trezor devices. The first Trezor in a safe deposit box with HSBC. The second Trezor and the handwritten 12 words in another safe deposit box with another bank. Hints for the 12 words are stored in my 1Password app.

I don't know who this guy is............but this sounds WAY too professional for TVF.

<account banned>  

37 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I don't know who this guy is............but this sounds WAY too professional for TVF.

<account banned>  

One of the main tenets of life is-- jealousy begets resentment. An example of the peasant... errr, person... in you.

I like my real money, and gold bullion, as I do not need to remember my password, and fear losing my

crypto, fake invisible, non existent  new Gen money.  I guess the surge of value in this new money is

still okay, but when I heard of how it was more expensive to mine, that got me laughing.

Mining for real gold has become more expensive, for sure, but the non existent currency well, chuckle

chuckle.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error

several years ago I've got my home country bank account blocked in few hours after receiving a relatively small sum (<1k USD), called the bank and they said I had suspicious transactions as in "terrorism sponsorship and money laundering". Telling them "WṪF I am not a terrorist nor launderer" did not yield any result, "please visit the nearest branch with your passport".

- "how do I do that, I'm in f'cking Thailand!" - "sorry we could not do anything here, please come to the nearest branch".

Despite they unblocked the account on the very same day, my trust in banks has shattered. As a bank representative told me later on the phone - there was some "dirty" (stolen?) money many links above in the transactions chain, and the bank went carpet bombing, blocking each and every account down the chain.

On the next day I've swapped my fake fiat money to the real digital money and invested it in FPGA mining boards :biggrin:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fdsa said:

several years ago I've got my home country bank account blocked in few hours after receiving a relatively small sum (<1k USD), called the bank and they said I had suspicious transactions as in "terrorism sponsorship and money laundering". Telling them "WṪF I am not a terrorist nor launderer" did not yield any result, "please visit the nearest branch with your passport".

- "how do I do that, I'm in f'cking Thailand!" - "sorry we could not do anything here, please come to the nearest branch".

Despite they unblocked the account on the very same day, my trust in banks has shattered. As a bank representative told me later on the phone - there was some "dirty" (stolen?) money many links above in the transactions chain, and the bank went carpet bombing, blocking each and every account down the chain.

On the next day I've swapped my fake fiat money to the real digital money and invested it in FPGA mining boards :biggrin:

Exact same situation with Wells Fargo for me.   Mine was just logging in while my VPN was on.   Never unfroze either as for whatever reason, they only froze my online access, they still allowed check writing.   I just emptied my accounts with checks and wrote them a letter to close the accounts.   This was pre crypto but the the "you must come into a branch/we aren't concerned that you are in Ulan Bator" annoyance was a great lesson.   

I'd never go all in on crypto (or stock/gold/real estate) as I DO love the legacy banking system.  I like the little differences between banks, I like bank lounges to lounge in while the wife is shopping, I enjoy multiple layers of security and the sound of my safety deposit box on its rail system making its way towards me and if they don't have that, just the smell and quiet of those rooms, I like institutional risk as opposed to market risk.  I just also see the weaknesses overall of that system to not want to be too heavily dependent on any particular bank, any particular country's banks, and legacy banking in general.

• Like 1