Non-O Renewal. Health Insurance Required?

Hello everyone, this time of the year again to renew our Non-O visa. We are fortunate enough that our embassy issues a 'certificate of income'.

So because I want to make sure I dont miss any paperwork in this paperwork crazy country, I am reading there is a requirement for health insurance with coverage of 400,000 bahts. Am I misreading this? Is this new as we never had to produce insurance papers before..

If you were apply for a new Non O Visa, based on retirement, then yes, the 400/40K Health Insurance would be a requirement.

As it stands your Non O expired a long time ago and your extending your permission of stay granted from that Non O 90 day entry. An extension is a permit, not a Visa, therefore the Health Insurance doesn't apply to extensions of stay from a Non O entry.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah you're exempt unless you started with an OA instead of an O.

Do people applying for new Non O retirement visas need health insurance?

(Apologies if this question is daft in some way.)

3 minutes ago, onebir said:

Do people applying for new Non O retirement visas need health insurance?

(Apologies if this question is daft in some way.)

If you were applying for a new Non O Visa from a Thai Embassy, then yes the 400/40K Health Insurance applies, but it's only required to cover the 90 day period your granted on entry.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you were applying for a new Non O Visa from a Thai Embassy, then yes the 400/40K Health Insurance applies, but it's only required to cover the 90 day period your granted on entry.

Good to know, thanks!