Media circus outside court as celebrity charged with 3 year old's murder is granted bail

webfact

1pm.jpg

It was a full on media and fan club circus outside the Mukdahan court yesterday as Chaiphol Wipha appeared with his lawyer to apply for bail.

The man known as Lung Phol or Uncle Phol is charged with murdering his three year old niece Nong Chompoo in May of last year.

Since the little girl's naked body was found her uncle has gained celebrity status in Thailand denying the murder and gaining fame and notoriety. 

His lawyer Sitra Biabankert took along half a million baht and land title deeds from his fanclub, reported Sanook.

Outside the court fans of Lung Phol turned up with flowers to offer their support along with the press and YouTubers. 

Later his lawyer posted a picture saying that the court had granted bail in the sum of 180,000 baht.

The court has reportedly stipulated that the suspect not travel abroad and does not attempt to tamper with witnesses, according to reports elsewhere.

The suspect's bail application was opposed by the victim's mother.

Earlier the Kok Toom police had taken the suspect from his jail cell to the court. 

The case has attracted huge interest in Thailand and divides opinion. Chaiphol gave himself up to police in Bangkok on Wednesday and was flown back to the north east. 

He had not been on the run - quite the opposite.

He has made countless media appearances since the death of Nong Chompoo. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-05

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

Students who demonstrate as is their right - jail, no bail.

Guy suspected of killing and mollesting a 3 year old - gets bail.

Tells you all you need to know really. Disgusting !  ????

There was no evidence of the girl being sexually abused. (the autopsy concluded this)

But yes i get your point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

What is wrong with our society? Why are useless scum with no talent referred to as celebrities and stars because other people are stupid enough to follow their social media accounts. I just don't get it. 

But you got it... the dark side of media.

You just have to wonder, was he arraigned in court and then granted bail or was he allowed bail after promising to return  This, I would say, is a capital murder charge, but he is now deemed to be a Hi-So and a celebrity.  Reminds me of the US case with the child beauty pageant daughter (JonBenet Ramsey) who was found dead and the parents/brother were suspected but no one was ever convicted.

• Like 1

No idea who this guy is, but there appears to be no evidence linking him to the crime. If that is so bail is justified. In the US  there is a British woman held in solitary in jail for months pending trial for charges which are nothing more than allegations which have nothing to do with murder. Don't only criticize the Thai system.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No idea who this guy is, but there appears to be no evidence linking him to the crime. If that is so bail is justified. In the US  there is a British woman held in solitary in jail for months pending trial for charges which are nothing more than allegations which have nothing to do with murder. Don't only criticize the Thai system.

The guy is the Uncle of the deceased, who has been accused and placed at the scene by actual physical evidence.  It was why they arrested him, or tried to 3 days ago, and he ended up surrendering knowing they were after him.  The media made him the Idol and celebrity he became.  He made music videos went on tour and made millions of THB off his celebrity stature. It is a capital murder charge along with evidence tampering and a few other charges.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The guy is the Uncle of the deceased, who has been accused and placed at the scene by actual physical evidence.  It was why they arrested him, or tried to 3 days ago, and he ended up surrendering knowing they were after him.  The media made him the Idol and celebrity he became.  He made music videos went on tour and made millions of THB off his celebrity stature. It is a capital murder charge along with evidence tampering and a few other charges.

How was he placed there with actual physical evidence. What i have read only some hairs of him and his wife (not strange as he is uncle in contact with her ect). I like to know as I have an open mind about this case.

The most damming evidence i heard about is him talking to a monk about her disappearance before it should have been known to him. (if the monk was telling the truth ect)

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

How was he placed there with actual physical evidence. What i have read only some hairs of him and his wife (not strange as he is uncle in contact with her ect). I like to know as I have an open mind about this case.

The most damming evidence i heard about is him talking to a monk about her disappearance before it should have been known to him. (if the monk was telling the truth ect)

Possibly a switched sim card from his phone to another persons phone which show his location at the time of her disappearance, and then his tampering with the scene based upon witnesses, as well as witness tampering which he has been warned against again when he posted bail.  Can not say much more as my sources are anonymous, but in the circles of those in the know, and yes it could be construed as circumstantial evidence, but it was enough to arrest him on it.  He should have been arraigned and then bailed to start the statutory times for court appearances and trial, instead by being bailed out he could drag this on for years without officially being charged as he was bailed out from what I understand before he was arraigned.  Typical here in Thailand and is why cases take sometimes decades to resolve.  Only those with no money or backing are rushed into court, tried and convicted.  People who have money and backing like those in Government or within society, like Red Bull boy, just merely walk away.  Stinks to high heaven of a corrupt system.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Possibly a switched sim card from his phone to another persons phone which show his location at the time of her disappearance, and then his tampering with the scene based upon witnesses, as well as witness tampering which he has been warned against again when he posted bail.  Can not say much more as my sources are anonymous, but in the circles of those in the know, and yes it could be construed as circumstantial evidence, but it was enough to arrest him on it.  He should have been arraigned and then bailed to start the statutory times for court appearances and trial, instead by being bailed out he could drag this on for years without officially being charged as he was bailed out from what I understand before he was arraigned.  Typical here in Thailand and is why cases take sometimes decades to resolve.  Only those with no money or backing are rushed into court, tried and convicted.  People who have money and backing like those in Government or within society, like Red Bull boy, just merely walk away.  Stinks to high heaven of a corrupt system.

So it was mainly circumstantial, that is what i thought. Does not mean he is not guilty. I have no real opinion in this case too many things are not clear. I mean what motive ? (no sexual assault)

Anyway if he guilty i hope they get him. Sometimes circumstantial evidence is all that is needed. 

• Thanks 1