American ex-pat in Pattaya suffers only minor injuries after reportedly crashing into parked car and flipping his own vehicle

Jonathan Fairfield

Well done to whoever turned on the hazard lights of the overturned vehicle. Or is that an automatic feature these days? 

On a side note, if confronted by the media (especially in Pattaya), don't give your real name - in your best Sean Connery accent tell them you're from the Republic of Kekistan and your name is something like Reginald Iolangthe Perrin.

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

Well done to whoever turned on the hazard lights of the overturned vehicle. Or is that an automatic feature these days? 

On a side note, if confronted by the media (especially in Pattaya), don't give your real name - in your best Sean Connery accent tell them you're from the Republic of Kekistan and your name is something like Reginald Iolangthe Perrin.

Whenever i get done for something I always say I am a Brit that reputation is already destroyed anyway. I would never say that I am American as I might get beheaded and if i tell them I am Dutch they probably book me for running an international drug ring ????

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The owner of the car the American hit, a 36 year old Thai national, said that the American was driving too fast and lost control.

What would you expect him to say, that the driver appeared alert and cautious while driving at the speed limit?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Whenever i get done for something I always say I am a Brit that reputation is already destroyed anyway. I would never say that I am American as I might get beheaded and if i tell them I am Dutch they probably book me for running an international drug ring ????

No hills where you're from bet you can't do a hill start in a car.

The American's defense team is playing the race card .   It is obvious that since it is a black car being accused of hitting a white car ......... there is no way there can be a fair trial.

A search of the area also revealed that most cars were white and so finding an impartial 

jury would be impossible.   There were no grey cars in the vicinity.

7 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

What would you expect him to say, that the driver appeared alert and cautious while driving at the speed limit?

It never crossed your mind he might actually be honest? Do you think lying is everyone’s first instinct? And for what purpose? The Thai’s car is stationary, the American driver hit the car. No need to lie.

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I thought that media fella in the vid said "Mafia Police" at first... Had to take a second listen to hear him say "Paaaaataya Police".