When should you spend less time in front of the computer?

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Early on, I talked to a very senior Victorian public servant about the case. He said if the case had been tried in Victoria, there never would have been a conviction.

Yes I am unfortunately from South Australia, re this thankfully ... Lets Hope, Historic situation with our cops ! ...  As I have to agree with you. ...

Not to mention another very VERY Historic case, of a corrupt policeman Murdering Aboriginal men up in our North, so that he could steal their Wives,  ... or was further up in the Northern Territory, that we were responsible for legally back in those very Old days. ... And the <deleted>, very unfairly got off also I think.

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Early on, I talked to a very senior Victorian public servant about the case. He said if the case had been tried in Victoria, there never would have been a conviction.

Well yes, it probably was Northern Territory Police ? but well they still work with South Australian Police technicians I think ? ... and the initial Forensic work on the blood splatters in their car, was disproven and pretty quickly labeled as Total Incompitent I think !!! ... Like they found out that it was not blood I think ? But copper ? or some other car repair chemical ? that got there after an accident I think ... ... and well, they dis proved just about all of the other forensic evidence also I think ? Eventually ... as you say, ... But well, all probably after the caught case that convicted Lindy. ... And well the media WERE ALL just having a Let's Kick the bastards, and make a LOT of money out of it fest also ... so well yes ... Justice Lost in the media feeding Frenzy and storm also I think. ...

I will not comment on the Victorian Police, as they have quite a bit of pretty questionable stuff outstanding on them also, ... Such as the Whittnes Protection people over there, well some of them ...  ... Having Consensual sex with some Gangsters Wives !!! While they were "Protecting them" ? ... And then the Wives all turned back, and refused to testify against their husbands !!! ...  So Double stupid on that one I think ? Right ??? 

I have a switch in my brain that whenever Covid-19 is mentioned, it automatically switches off and I move on to the next article. TVF is sometimes 3 pages long with Covid news, long articles from armchair experts - here's to 2022 being what everyone wants for 2021.  pessimism is reality.

• Like 1

Thanks Rooster for another weekly update on the Thai news.

I am hoping that enough Thais will be vaccinated by the end of the year, so the country will

be safer to come to than it is at present.  I certainly will not be visiting China, or India, even for an en route flight

stop.  I think it will take at least until the end of October before Thailand seen many tourists, other than those who

actually like to travel there in the low season.  My cousin in Pattaya area, says that it is stinking hot right now in the mid 30s 

most days, and that is too hot for us 20c to 25c loving North Americans.  If Thailand actually does some changes to

attract foreigners back, such as ending the 90 day reporting, and maybe letting some buy their own actual house, in their own name,

as some people do not want to marry , just to be a long time expat in the country.  I am ever hopeful that the Thai government

might do a few changes, but I do not think that is the ingrained military attitude of the exalted leader and his inner circle.

Geezer

13 hours ago, SportRider said:

A pleasure to read, thankyou.

Yes it was, and the cops have been beating CCTV, even at the toll gates where the driver of a Thai taxi I was taking got pulled over (tinted glass and falung in the back) a dead giveaway. 

I had to slip the driver 200 baht and the cop had his hand resting on the drivers door where he money was slipped into his hand along with a stern warning that a real ticket would cost 400 next time. 

16 hours ago, ismopismo said:

Your Sunday rants and perspective are the highlight of my week. I lived in Lopburi, my wife of 19 years is from Lopburi. Your knowledge of the emotional and cultural structure of Thailand is spot on and your humor keeps me levelled out during this tumultuous period. You keep my anxiety concerning covid and my family in Thailand in check. Thank you for being here. 

You're welcome.

• Haha 1