Covid Vaccine Postponed

Mario666

13 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Yes, Mor Prom seems to change every day. This is the one I see when I click on the first square after the large rectangle, the one with a hypodermic needle dripping vaccine on it. ????

Showed my wife your screen shot and she will have a closer look later. 

Bit off topic but she said your hospital was Khao Kho, we had a few days up there back in Sept with the We Travel Together scheme, stayed at the Phukaew Hill resort. Nice area, reminded me on Scotland, same with the temperature, had to wear a coat first evening, a first in 20 years of being in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I will graciously assume that that your reply is meant to be humorous instead of the bigoted whinging it sounds like at first blush.

Bigoted a whinging is fine!

You will soon  be advocating women and children first in this emergency oh and Thais 

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:
1 hour ago, billsmart said:

What does this mean? ????

I registered via Mor Prom several weeks ago and got my first vaccine shot yesterday - AstraZeneca.

My second has been scheduled three weeks from now. ????

In case in matters, I live in Phetchabun Province, have a pink card, and am 75. 

Expand  

YOU HAVE A PINK CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE RESIDENT.  THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.  DUH

The Pink card is not an indication of ‘residency’... an ID number issued when applying for the Yellow Tabien Baan book places us in the ‘system' (the Pink ID card uses the same ID number, plus another on the rear of the card). 

There are a few posters who have taken great delight in reminding everyone that the Pink ID card is not an ID card, its useless etc....   but its been useful in this case alone. 

I registered on the Mor Promt App about 5-6 weeks ago (when registration opened). At the time there was a lot of discussion that foreign registrations wouldn’t be honoured etc....

I received my vaccine yesterday at Med Park Hospital in Bangkok - No issues whatsoever. I showed by Pink ID, and Mor Promt booking and was processed alongside other Thai’s. I also saw a few other foreigners there (who I assume were also getting their vaccines).

That said: There has been a huge degree of confusion regrind registration, news, U-Turns etc... 

From a personal perspective, I’ve had no issues whatsoever and consider myself lucky as its clear other foreigners have simply been ‘kicked out of the queue’ for whatever reasons. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Just now, sandyf said:

Showed my wife your screen shot and she will have a closer look later. 

Bit off topic but she said your hospital was Khao Kho, we had a few days up there back in Sept with the We Travel Together scheme, stayed at the Phukaew Hill resort. Nice area, reminded me on Scotland, same with the temperature, had to wear a coat first evening, a first in 20 years of being in Thailand.

I have had a closer look, and now know my second shot is in Sep, not Jun. 

I live in Phetchabun Province, and yes it is close to Kaho Kho. 

I live up in the mountains, Khao Rang, and have for over 20 years now. I love it!

• Like 2

Just nipped into Index living Mall on Rama 2 Bkk, hundreds milling about when it's usually empty. In the basement they were doing mass vaccinations, no sign outside. All looked under 40, mrs said they were company employees and a lot had uniforms on, government undertaking of course, something to do with 33 insurance. No old or obviously ill, no foreigners of course. BIL is a teacher had his 2nd dose of Sinovac yesterday, 17 days after the first one!

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

Yes, Mor Prom seems to change every day. This is the one I see when I click on the first square after the large rectangle, the one with a hypodermic needle dripping vaccine on it. ????

That's not good.... If the vaccine was dripping out of the needle it's not in your arm.....( It's a joke, I just mention it for people without a sense of humor.) ????????????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Those xenophobic racist Thais who treat us foreigners like 2nd class people. This is Thailand, q 3rd world developing country. They should treat us as we deserve and if not equal even better than Thai.

Thailand is a developing country not a third world country and has never been defined as such.

To give you a clue Switzerland was originally defined as a third world country.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Are you sure about the second dose! All the post I have seen on yesterdays AZ jab, including my own, were for the second on 27th Sept.

I think someone posted 5 weeks for sinovac.

So was mine for September 27.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

What does this mean? ????

I registered via Mor Prom several weeks ago and got my first vaccine shot yesterday - AstraZeneca.

My second has been scheduled three weeks from now. ????

In case in matters, I live in Phetchabun Province, have a pink card, and am 75. 

I live in Phetchabun too, registered with the local state clinic about 3 weeks ago, there is no word or evidence of vaccinations starting in my locality.

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I live in Phetchabun too, registered with the local state clinic about 3 weeks ago, there is no word or evidence of vaccinations starting in my locality.

I got one yesterday, and a friend of mine got one today.

3 hours ago, nickmondo said:

YOU HAVE A PINK CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE RESIDENT.  THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.  DUH

I have a pink card,  the number is the same as the one in your yellow book, and I am not a resident get a retirement extension every year.

Try again. DUH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Those xenophobic racist Thais who treat us foreigners like 2nd class people. This is Thailand, q 3rd world developing country. They should treat us as we deserve and if not equal even better than Thai.

I am wondering why you are here, if you find Thailand so backward.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, Pilotman said:

not unsurprising really, they have been coming out with all kinds or misinformation/lies for weeks.  This 7th July registration time for expats  is just one more example.  Lie back and relax, nothing is going to change, or happen,  any time soon. 

It worked for me yesterday, I registered and got the first dose all within 2hrs.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, Mario666 said:

I heard a rumour that Farangs over 60 could get the AZ vaccine at Samui hospital today so I went at 8:30 this morning.

As suspected it was for Thais only and was told I would have to wait and that I would be contacted by sms......They have no idea when!

No racial inequality up North where I live with regards to the vacinne, I am almost certain that I beat most of the Thai villagers in getting vacinnated before them as they have all registered through village channels.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, Mario666 said:

I just got a text from Samui hospital telling me that my appointment date and location has been delayed until further notice!

I can guess when I will get it without paying.......

Have you registered through the app for the immigrations office, as foreigners are supposed to do now?

196694330_174116234648443_44991585527941

-and it actually works. You need to have your passport handy...????

Unfortunately people from the mainland commuted to Samui to register for vaccination, which they were not eligible for, as Samui is vaccination now within a sandbox model, therefore your vaccination was cancelled. You can thank people from the mainland for that...????

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

Thanks for the alert. I'm checking that out right now.

I'm sure about the AstraZeneca, at least as sure as I can be. And the paperwork I was given says 27 June, which is just 20 days from my first jab. 

A friend of mine is having his done today, and I've asked him to verify the dates.

Here is that paper I was given showing my first vaccine date and my 2nd one... 

COVID19 2nd Shot Date.jpg

That is September, not June

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

I got one yesterday, and a friend of mine got one today.

Bill, please be so kind as to post it here breifly 9format shown in OP)

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/page/2/

it will help use keep tabs on which places are vaccinating foreigners the better to advise TV members

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billsmart said:

Thanks for the alert. I'm checking that out right now.

I'm sure about the AstraZeneca, at least as sure as I can be. And the paperwork I was given says 27 June, which is just 20 days from my first jab. 

A friend of mine is having his done today, and I've asked him to verify the dates.

Here is that paper I was given showing my first vaccine date and my 2nd one... 

COVID19 2nd Shot Date.jpg

@ Billsmart, there’s an App you can get for your phone that makes rudimentary translations and help you avoid such misunderstandings / pickles....  

The app is called ‘Google Translate’ - it uses your camera and translates text (Thai) into English... 

As you can see.... Your second vaccination is on 27th September which is in line with everyone else who had their vaccinations yesterday (on 7th June).

IMG_7546.jpg

On 6/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, bert bloggs said:

Same here,registeredwith my pink card weeks ago,just informed no vacine,will tell me when i can come for the jab,Chonburi area

Same story in many locations, pure luck if you get the jab.

More registrations than vaccines so this was inevitable.

But hey, the government thinks it looks good by saying registrations are open for all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

@ Billsmart, there’s an App you can get for your phone that makes rudimentary translations and help you avoid such misunderstandings / pickles....  

The app is called ‘Google Translate’ - it uses your camera and translates text (Thai) into English... 

As you can see.... Your second vaccination is on 27th September which is in line with everyone else who had their vaccinations yesterday (on 7th June).

IMG_7546.jpg

Yes, Thanks. I know that now...

Regarding the Koh Samui how-to notice.

Like I have said elsewhere, be prepared to have yet one more useless bit of paper added to your next extension, proof of vaccination!

What do immigration have to do with the vaccine program?

What possible business is it of immigration's who within Thailand, is vaccinated or not? 

It's so typical of them running with the first thought that comes into their empty heads. MUST CONTROL!

Only a demagogue would see any reason for immigration to need to know who within its borders full-time, has been vaccinated.

Like how they insist on your email written on everything. yet we have to come online here to find out what has changed at immigration. 

How long has the internet been around, yet they have still to update the forms, and why are they still using paper anyway?

18 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I have a pink card,  the number is the same as the one in your yellow book, and I am not a resident get a retirement extension every year.

Try again. DUH

I fully agree as in your Passport is stamped " Non Immigrant " Your ID Card starts with digit 6 . PR starts with 8. And Passport stamped " Immigrant ", all the rest is not REALLY considered as being Resident. 

Th Farang ID Card Nrs.pdf

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Same story in many locations, pure luck if you get the jab.

More registrations than vaccines so this was inevitable.

But hey, the government thinks it looks good by saying registrations are open for all.

Got an up date on the mor prom that my appointment was back on today,arrived at hospital 9am ,everything  smooth as clockwork,got registered,blood pressure taken ,jab given,sat for half hour afterwards ,back home now, Astra Zenica jab,feel fine,hope it lasts,29 sept at 10 am for next jab.

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

Have you registered through the app for the immigrations office, as foreigners are supposed to do now?

196694330_174116234648443_44991585527941

-and it actually works. You need to have your passport handy...????

Unfortunately people from the mainland commuted to Samui to register for vaccination, which they were not eligible for, as Samui is vaccination now within a sandbox model, therefore your vaccination was cancelled. You can thank people from the mainland for that...????

Hi Khun Per,

I registered at Central Festival in person.

I also registered online and got this message on Sunday Afternoon.

Open photo

So I clicked on the link which to me to the App and asked me to enter my passport number which I did.....then I got this message!

No description available.

Now I am totally confused...I do not have a  Tax ID, Social Security No., Pink Card, I am not married, I am on Non (O) retirement Visa Extension...I have never been married or worked in Thailand...I am aged 63.....

Have you any idea please what I should do next????

17 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Hi Khun Per,

I registered at Central Festival in person.

I also registered online and got this message on Sunday Afternoon.

Open photo

So I clicked on the link which to me to the App and asked me to enter my passport number which I did.....then I got this message!

No description available.

Now I am totally confused...I do not have a  Tax ID, Social Security No., Pink Card, I am not married, I am on Non (O) retirement Visa Extension...I have never been married or worked in Thailand...I am aged 63.....

Have you any idea please what I should do next????

Yes, wait for the SMS for your vaccination appointment, only a passport that is registered by Samui Immigration is needed, and that has been approved now as you are registered in the system (you should bring your passport as ID when going to be vaccinated, if case the SMS is not enough proof).

All registrations by Central – I also registered there – were cancelled. If you follow the pinned thread in the Samui sub-forum, you'll find the latest inputs about vaccinations, including updates about the confusions since registration and change to the Immigration-app, due to folks from other areas tried to register for early vaccination on Samui...????