COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

53 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

I got an appointment for the second shot on November 29.   

That date sounds like it could be a mistake… or they are experimenting with you… expected date would have been around 30 Sept… maybe worth checking

• Like 2

Well turned up yesterday as instructed got my no 291,then waited ,about 20 mins later got registered and and waited for my blood pressure to be taken then qued for jab AZ,about half hour later a cheerfull lady said this wont hurt ,it stung a bit,asked if i was ok then off to sit for half hour until i was told i could go ,given form told to report end 1st , 10 th dayand 29th day if no problems. Given appointment for 12 weeks back at Samitavit Sri Racha,smooth as anything well impressed, so far feel fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeWill said:

I got an appointment for the second shot on November 29.   

Could you have a side effect called 'Wrongdateitis'? Or is the potential mistake on their end? 24 1/2 weeks?

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Well turned up yesterday as instructed got my no 291,then waited ,about 20 mins later got registered and and waited for my blood pressure to be taken then qued for jab AZ,about half hour later a cheerfull lady said this wont hurt ,it stung a bit,asked if i was ok then off to sit for half hour until i was told i could go ,given form told to report end 1st , 10 th dayand 29th day if no problems. Given appointment for 12 weeks back at Samitavit Sri Racha,smooth as anything well impressed, so far feel fine

What date exactly? Many members seem to be suffering side effect (?) and getting confused with the dates. The default at the moment is 16 weeks not 12 weeks. Can you confirm your appt for 2nd dose is indeed in 12 weeks? Thanks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rbkk said:

What date exactly? Many members seem to be suffering side effect (?) and getting confused with the dates. The default at the moment is 16 weeks not 12 weeks. Can you confirm your appt for 2nd dose is indeed in 12 weeks? Thanks.

Sorry 16 weeks,anyway if privare jabs arrive before i will pay for mix and match

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Province: Bangkok

Date: 10 June 2021

Location (name of hospital or other): Thamasat University

Are you over 60/chronically ill? No (54)/No 

How did you register? Through my employer (passport required for registration & on site)

Vaccination received: Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

Given second appointment for 2 September, which I believe is exactly 12 weeks after the first shot. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Successful vaccination report

Province: Chiang Mai

Date: 12/6/21

Age etc.: Over 60

Registration method: Registered on Mor Prom using my pink ID card

Vaccine: Astra Zeneca

Efficient process. As far as I could see, I was the only foreigner. I was clearly an oddity because I could hear one of the nurses asking another whether it was OK for a farang to get the vaccine. I was treated with courtesy and consideration

• Like 1

Date: 10/6/21

Location (name of hospital or other) Taksin Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes

How did you register? Mor Prom, with pink card

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

I had a 1 pm appointment. Arrived 10 min early. My temperature and blood pressure were measured, and then I waited an hour and a half before getting the jab. Zero side effects. 2nd injection scheduled 12 weeks from now.

• Like 2

province:  Buriram

Date:  7 June

Location Buriram Govt Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Over 60

How did you register?  Mor Prom 

Vaccination received    Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

Told by Nurse 2nd dose is 30 September where the paperwork says 30 August

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Updated tally:

Foreigners report success in being vaccinated, with no issues, in these locations:

Bangkok

Buriram

Chiang Mai

Kalasin

Mahasarrakham

Nakhon PHANOM

Nonthaburi

Pattaya

Prachinburi

Sisaket

Sri Racha

Surin

All with AZ.

Reports of being turned away ("no foreigners"/"thais first") from:

Chiang Rai

Surat Thani

Still mostly people who made appointnments on Mor Prom.

Please add Kanchanaburi to no foreigners as per my post thanks.

Province: Chonburi

Date: 7th June

Location  Bang Saen Hospital 

Are you over 60?  Yes 

How did you register?  I did not register, the hospital registered me on Mor Phrom

Vaccination received -yes 

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Astrazeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: N/A

Appointment for 9am, arrived 8.30 and everything well under way. 3 different check in desks which caused a bit of confusion but no queue for Mor Phrom and went straight through to ID check. After screening got queue number for vaccination, I was 254 and they were on 91 so had to wait about 45 minutes. Out by 10,30.

Well organised with plenty of staff on hand. They had taken over 5th floor of the hospital but had pulled staff from other areas, I recognised nurses from Internal medicine on 2nd Floor.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Second little hump was being presented with a form in Thai. Staff were most helpful in translating the form, no real issue it was just the regular "are you alive, do you have allergies etc." form.

Yes that was a bit of a pain in the screening process. I had declared medication on the form so had to get the form signed off by the doctor before they would put me in the queue.

There was a gaggle of people around the doctor's desk just firing questions at her. When she saw the form in my hand she called me forward but I couldn't hear a word she said, just nodded and she signed the form.

Bit of a waste of time really, would have been better not to have said anything.

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

Please add Kanchanaburi to no foreigners as per my post thanks.

Your post concerned registration. You were not registered and did nto have an appointment.

The thread is for people with registered appointments.

If you are able to travel to Bangkok for the vaccination, you can register online here https://thailandintervac.com/

It takers many tries and perserverance.

Kanchanaburi does nto seem to have an online registration system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Province:  Chonburi

Date: 14 June

Are you over 60/Chronically ill?  Yes/No

How did you register:  Mor prom app, pink card

Vaccination received:  Yes

Type of vaccine: Sinovac

Some backstory.  I had originally registered in early May for AZ vaccination on the 16th.  Got a call yesterday from Pattaya City Hospital around 2pm telling me there was no AZ but I could get Sinovac tomorrow (Monday) at 11am instead.  I agreed and I had my Sinovac shot this morning.  Arrived a little before 10am expecting a large crowd and a long wait but the process was very organized and went swiftly. I presented my pink card, they found my appointment on their computer, I filled out and signed a 1 page form, they took my blood pressure, and I was getting my shot around 10am--no waiting at all.  After a half hour to check for side effects, I was done.  Could not have been any easier.  With the shortage of AZ, I think other hospitals will be doing the same thing--offering Sinovac as an alternative for those who want to keep their appointments and not wait for AZ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Your post concerned registration. You were not registered and did nto have an appointment.

The thread is for people with registered appointments.

If you are able to travel to Bangkok for the vaccination, you can register online here https://thailandintervac.com/

It takers many tries and perserverance.

Kanchanaburi does nto seem to have an online registration system.

Thanks I have entered my details there now but still only have the BKK hospital options. I will wait rather than travel to a hot spot for now.

The new version with /expatriates on the end of the URL you gave me is under development today but hopefully this is the one where Provincial hospitals will be added eventually

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, sabaijai said:

Date: 10/6/21

Location (name of hospital or other) Taksin Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes

How did you register? Mor Prom, with pink card

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

I had a 1 pm appointment. Arrived 10 min early. My temperature and blood pressure were measured, and then I waited an hour and a half before getting the jab. Zero side effects. 2nd injection scheduled 12 weeks from now.

Correction: My 2nd injection is scheduled for 16 weeks from 1st injection, not 12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Province: samut prakan

Date: 14 June

Location (bangpakok) 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) 

How did you register? mor prom no pink card 

Vaccination received (yes/) 

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

I thought I had little chance after a doubtful response on the ph Friday when was told no vaccine ring again Mon. Went early, masses of people milling about and lining up. But at the vax place almost empty! I was amazed nobody waiting and a handful sitting after. In and out in 45min. Hospital very well organised with lovely staff. Whilst the online registration has been very bad and the supply questionable, the hospitals are excellent. I was impressed with the service.

If possible, could you disclose the name of the hospital or the vax site where you got the jab? Thanks,

2 hours ago, dinga said:

Province:    RAYONG

Date:   15/6/2021          

Location (name of hospital or other):   CENTRAL RAYONG (through Rayong Hospital) 

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)    OVER 60 (66) 

How did you register?    MOR PHROM (after many, many tries over multiple days)

Vaccination received (yes/no)   YES

If yes,  Type of vaccine :  ASTRA ZENECA

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

Contrary to the naysayers, the Pink Card proved useful again.

Compliments to the medical professionals and the public servants - who unlike the Government -  were very well organised - clearly competent and efficient.  Arrived at 8am for my appointment at 9am (got jabbed at 9am after BP and temperature check, and very brief health questionnaire).  On the way home at 9.30 after the 30 minute pause.

The 2nd jab is due on 5/10/2021 - 16 weeks away (hopefully other earlier options will be available well before then)

Well done Rayong Province!

your dead right about the pink card ,very useful ,so glad i have one .

Hi,

Province- Kalasin.

Registered - I self registered at my local hospital with pink ID card. It was easier with pink card.

type of Vaccine - Astra Zenica

Age:- I am 59 years but respiratory illness through throat cancer.

Problems? - None, once I had proved that I was registered and in the queue.

Follow up :- Next appointment, September 9th for second injection.

Full and complete information given by the staff. Well organized and no mention about Thais first.

Province: Ubon Ratchathani

Date: 16 June

Location (name of hospital or other) (Ban Lao Suea Kok )

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) 60+

How did you register? Mor Phrom + pink ID

Vaccination received (yes/no) No

If yes,  Type of vaccine : 

If no, Reason not vaccinated: No vaccine

Was not really expecting any jabs, thanks A nut in. None for the locals as well. Staff were full of apologies at not contacting me on Mor Phrom to advise not to come, I did receive a lot of generic covid health messages though. They registered me manually at the injection centre and said they would call when jabs are up and running.

• Thanks 1