Booking via www.thailandintervac.com not successful

Lucian

I am scheduled for this Friday, when I originally made my appointment only Sinovac was available. Does anyone know if I can request AZ once I arrive at hospital. I have emailed Thailand vaccination government agency to try to change it but they never replied back

9 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

As soon as the ThailandIntervac.com site was launched, I registered on it, but when I noticed that only vaccination venues in the Bangkok area were available (I am located in South Thailand) I thought that I'd better hedge my bets.

So I contacted Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai (where I already am a customer) and asked them to register me for a COVID-19 vaccination. They replied that they were awaiting instructions on how to manage vaccinations for expatriates, but that they would let me know immediately as soon as they received further information.

Fast forward till today where they contacted me and asked if I was still waiting to be vaccinated and, if so, what where my vaccine preferences (free Sinovac or AstraZeneca, or paid Moderna). I replied that I didn't care about brand and just wanted the first one available.

They then said that the registration had to be done through Mor Prom (หมอพร้อม) and asked if I already had registered there. I replied that since a Thai ID number, which I don't have, is needed to register on Mor Prom, I hadn’t done so. They then said that that was not a problem since they had been authorised to issue ID numbers to use for registration; I should just wait a few minutes and they would register everything for me.

And success: I now have an appointment at 2021-08-02 09:00.

I'm in the 60+ age group, and, before anyone asks, the appointment confirmation doesn't specify anything about vaccine brand, so I don't know what I'll get.

Moral of this story: don't just wait for something to be available at ThailandIntervac.com, but contact your local hospital too.

That's great that that worked for you in your locality but unfortunately it doesn't follow that the same method will necessarily work in other localities. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's great that that worked for you in your locality but unfortunately it doesn't follow that the same method will necessarily work in other localities. 

Pattaya City Hospital emailed me back a few days ago to say to get vaccine you have to book via a govt website, thought I'd give it a shot

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya City Hospital emailed me back a few days ago to say to get vaccine you have to book via a govt website, thought I'd give it a shot

Perhaps it would be worth for you to give it a shot again. I got the impression from Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai, that they had just now received the instructions about how to handle vaccinations of expatriates.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But then, it just might, because the really interesting point in my story is that the hospital could issue Thai ID numbers to facilitate registration through Mor Prom.

39 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

But then, it just might, because the really interesting point in my story is that the hospital could issue Thai ID numbers to facilitate registration through Mor Prom.

I agree that what you experienced is very interesting. 

I have some questions about it.

So you're saying the hospital took care of your registration for you completely, right?

So does that mean you don’t have Mor Phrom installed on your phone, right? Or perhaps you do.

18 minutes ago, Sundew Giggleglow said:

Sundew is very well aware of what she writes.  She is also acutely aware of what she didn't write.  She never mentioned AstraZeneca. 

You are in conflict with yourself.  Have a seat and talk it out.

Sundew needs a timeout in the corner where she can review the words as written and reflect on how it is perceived, time to take a lude and fly to sleep.  The vaccines here are non MRNA, well as of now

Edited by ThailandRyan

24 minutes ago, Sundew Giggleglow said:

Notice Sundew is asking, not telling.  What is a "lude?"  If that is a drug, Sundew will pass.

Posting in the first person is just puerile, and invites reaction that is useless to the thread.  So probably better for you to lay low for a while.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I agree that what you experienced is very interesting. 

I have some questions about it.

So you're saying the hospital took care of your registration for you completely, right?

So does that mean you don’t have Mor Phrom installed on your phone, right? Or perhaps you do.

Yes, that's correct.

I have never installed the Mor Prom app before.

They took care of everything: Registering on Mor Prom and making the appointment booking.

They sent me the ID number that they had used for the registration and a screenshot from Mor Prom of the booking.

Afterwards I installed the Mor Prom app and logged in using the ID number and I can see my appointment booking there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Yes, that's correct.

They took care of everything: Registering on Mor Prom and making the appointment booking.

They sent me the ID number that they had used for the registration and a screenshot from Mor Prom of the booking.

Afterwards I installed the Mor Prom app and logged in using the ID number and I can see my appointment booking there.

Well done that man.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Wondered that myself......a 1000 baht might help

No it wont,they give you what they have. My wiferegistered me on mor prom,when i arrived i was told the vacine was AZ,straight away.

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Yes, that's correct.

It's all in Thai? Was that an issue?

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's all in Thai? Was that an issue?

Yes, it's all in Thai and unfortunately the app uses these hard-to-read fonts that always are a challenge for me. But nothing that a screenshot fed into Google Translate cannot handle.

• Thanks 1

"Is it still dead Jim?"

Poke, poke.

I see:

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Is a resurrection feasible at this point? Do we have to wait 40 days?

Have faith? 

Or expect another registration "ruse"?