Booking via www.thailandintervac.com not successful

Lucian

On 6/16/2021 at 9:16 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

i got my email yesterday for an appointment i have tomorrow.

Hope that helps...

You should set up a consultancy and see if you can get the rest of us in successfully.

I have given up for the present as it was stressing me out too much. Will try again next month. Hope I don't catch anything

Scheduled for a vaccination on the 24th, but only have the Appointment QR service paper, and the Appointment sheet for the details of the vaccine as well as the screening and consent form.  Have not received a confirmation e-mail at this point in Time.  Must only get the e-mail the day before when they verify that they have enough vaccines for you. I wonder if a mix of the AZ vaccine with a second jab of either Moderna, Pfizer or JJ has been studied yet.  Waiting 16 weeks in between vaccinations with the Delta variant starting to spread seems pretty tenuous at best.  

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wonder if a mix of the AZ vaccine with a second jab of either Moderna, Pfizer or JJ has been studied yet.  

Is being studied at the moment, for some discussion see this article in Nature: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3 and https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/countries-weigh-mix-match-covid-19-vaccines-2021-05-24/

• Thanks 1

Well they've certainly found a solution to the vaxxed up thailandintervac, although they have not fixed the problem. The solution is just to close it down. It's a brilliant strategy:

1) no more complaints 

2) no data breaches

3) no chance that appointments will be cancelled or postponed 

Simples.

9 minutes ago, samtam said:

Well they've certainly found a solution to the vaxxed up thailandintervac, although they have not fixed the problem. The solution is just to close it down. It's a brilliant strategy:

1) no more complaints 

2) no data breaches

Simples.

No. It's there. The only available function now is "report bugs".  Lol.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Scheduled for a vaccination on the 24th, but only have the Appointment QR service paper, and the Appointment sheet for the details of the vaccine as well as the screening and consent form.  Have not received a confirmation e-mail at this point in Time.  Must only get the e-mail the day before when they verify that they have enough vaccines for you. I wonder if a mix of the AZ vaccine with a second jab of either Moderna, Pfizer or JJ has been studied yet.  Waiting 16 weeks in between vaccinations with the Delta variant starting to spread seems pretty tenuous at best.  

Confirmation e-mails are no longer required, just download the confirmation with QR code. They do ask to check availability a day in advance for convenience.

I too plan to take Moderna after AZ.  The internationally recommended 12 week delay from AZ shot 1 to shot 2 was because of a problem with the AZ adendovirus vector.  Your immune system remembers the first shot so you get better results by waiting longer.

Logically this does not apply to a second shot from a different vaccine. The problem with Moderna is waiting until October.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rabas said:

Confirmation e-mails are no longer required, just download the confirmation with QR code. They do ask to check availability a day in advance for convenience.

I too plan to take Moderna after AZ.  The internationally recommended 12 week delay from AZ shot 1 to shot 2 was because of a problem with the AZ adendovirus vector.  Your immune system remembers the first shot so you get better results by waiting longer.

Logically this does not apply to a second shot from a different vaccine. The problem with Moderna is waiting until October.

I was actually thinking of flying back to the US in September, and then returning in October, well hopefully, when there was no quarantine to return home here.  That way I could finish some family business and get the J&J vaccine, if not late October is when the 2nd dose of the AZ vaccine will be given.  it is why I asked about studies being conducted on the efficacy of combining them in my post.

• Like 1

Am over 60, husband aged 83. Have been trying to book an appointment for the best part of two weeks now. Successfully registered but like many have reported this forum, came up against greyed out dates on the appointment section time and time again.  Tried to log on yesrerday day between noon and 3 using the thailandintervac/logout.php address and the opening page is showing my log in email and password with a note in a red box underneath reading 'sorry Temporarily closed'. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around it? Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, campbell said:

Am over 60, husband aged 83. Have been trying to book an appointment for the best part of two weeks now. Successfully registered but like many have reported this forum, came up against greyed out dates on the appointment section time and time again.  Tried to log on yesrerday day between noon and 3 using the thailandintervac/logout.php address and the opening page is showing my log in email and password with a note in a red box underneath reading 'sorry Temporarily closed'. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, same problem. No, as to how to get around it. I am wishfully thinking they are working on updating/improving/facilitating the site, but I suspect 2 things:

1) they are annoyed that the faults have been widely published both here and internationally, so are currently in sulk mode;

2) they are aware of the shortage of vaccine, so they cannot schedule booking slots.

However, vaccines are being administered to those who are well connected. Leftovers from appointments not kept are being pooled and given to certain large corporations on a regular, if not daily basis. I met one such recipient today. He is 46. I told him, like you and many others, that I am over 60 and he said, "you should definitely get it"...rather stating the bleed*ing obvious. I think this is how it will roll (out). In fits and starts, depending on vaccine supply. Unfortunately it does mean it will be highly unlikely that the PM's "plan" to re-open in 120 days will ever come to fruition.

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Got my shot today at p2 hospital.

Many foreigners there, was well organized.

Me and friends (foreigner and Thais) got AZ with second shot in beginning of September.

All went well.

We are all below 60 without any preconditions...

Just for info for those who have an appointment, it will likely work out.

Thomas, was your vax appointment booked via thailandintervac.com? Did you receive any email confirmation of your appointment or you just showed up with the Appointment QR queue slip printed from the intervac website?

Appreciate your feedback. Tnanks.

9 hours ago, samtam said:

1) no more complaints 

2) no data breaches

Simples.

I registered with that site and got my first dose today

Do you want the vaccine, or want to moan about the vaccine?

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Got my shot today at p2 hospital.

Many foreigners there, was well organized.

Me and friends (foreigner and Thais) got AZ with second shot in beginning of September.

All went well.

We are all below 60 without any preconditions...

Just for info for those who have an appointment, it will likely work out.

Yup I was there too, I got Sinovac and it was well organized and everyone there was under 60 and not a moaning old fart, which tells me something 

i

1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Yup I was there too, I got Sinovac and it was well organized and everyone there was under 60 and not a moaning old fart, which tells me something 

Reminds me of last Friday, when I booked my appointment. Some people seemed to spend more time here on ThaiVisa complaining about the registration process than re-checking for availability during opening hours. In that sense the moaning became a self-fulfilling prophecy; they missed out.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Reminds me of last Friday, when I booked my appointment. Some people seemed to spend more time here on ThaiVisa complaining about the registration process than re-checking for availability during opening hours. In that sense the moaning became a self-fulfilling prophecy; they missed out.

Yeah all expats in Thailand live in Bangkok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, samtam said:

Yes, same problem. No, as to how to get around it. I am wishfully thinking they are working on updating/improving/facilitating the site, but I suspect 2 things:

1) they are annoyed that the faults have been widely published both here and internationally, so are currently in sulk mode;

2) they are aware of the shortage of vaccine, so they cannot schedule booking slots.

To all those who say that the pink card is useless and a waste of time having it,the wife registered me on mor prom at the beginning of the month,got my AZ jab on the 9th here in Chonburi area, gave up on thailand intervac after it told me i was registered then ,i had not filled in some of it,which i did 3 times then gave up,

Thank you pink card????

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

Can any bros tell me is it  the same website for sinopharm registration? (not sinovac)

It's not.  Sinopharm is only through private hospitals, AFAIK.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah all expats in Thailand live in Bangkok.

I didn't write that, don't twist my words. I'm talking about those who tried to book in Bangkok and gave up too quickly when they didn't find availability. I commented on the thread in question once I had secured my booking, to let others know that to keep trying beats moaning about the site.

That being said, I know several expats who don't live in Bangkok but booked an appointment in Bangkok regardless. Obviously a tradeoff, they get it sooner but have an additional risk traveling. For someone who lives nearby, let's say in Pattaya, it's not a big deal to come to Bangkok to get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I didn't write that, don't twist my words. I'm talking about those who tried to book in Bangkok and gave up too quickly when they didn't find availability. I commented on the thread in question once I had secured my booking, to let others know that to keep trying beats moaning about the site.

That being said, I know several expats who don't live in Bangkok but booked an appointment in Bangkok regardless. Obviously a tradeoff, they get it sooner but have an additional risk traveling. For someone who lives nearby, let's say in Pattaya, it's not a big deal to come to Bangkok to get vaccinated.

It would be if you dont have a car,get to bus station,sit on bus for hours ,then taxi to hospital ,wait for hours to get jab then rinse and repeat.

25 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

It would be if you dont have a car,get to bus station,sit on bus for hours ,then taxi to hospital ,wait for hours to get jab then rinse and repeat.

Personally, I wouldn't take a bus nowadays. Driving just after the jab might be a bad idea, too, so if I was in that situation, I'd take a taxi. Or stay for a few days and make it a holiday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Personally, I wouldn't take a bus nowadays. Driving just after the jab might be a bad idea, too, so if I was in that situation, I'd take a taxi. Or stay for a few days and make it a holiday.

Problem being, all the bars are closed so nothing to do..;5555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably you lied when you registered

I doubt it. They had different links and different time slots for the "60+ or ill" and "expats in general" groups, for a few days last week. I signed up in the latter group, no lying necessary.

• Like 1