Must I get 12 month insurance 43k. To re enter Thailand on retirement visa ? + Vaccine inUSA?

20 minutes ago, superal said:

Followed your link which is Thai actually    General Insurance Association and their page came up with this on trying to get a covid only quote based on a non o retirement visa , now would a re-entry permit override this ? 

Strange in English for me.

Your original Visa was a Non O based on retirement, you extend your stay from that each and every year.

Select Non O (Retirement).

If you apply for Thailand’s Long Stay Visa scheme "O-A" & Non – Immigrant Visa "O-X" or look for “annual” health insurance plan, please visit www.axa.co.th/en/personal-health-insurance. If you do not have a valid visa to enter Thailand, you may be required to obtain an additional health insurance. We are pleased to offer ten percent discount to Long Stay Health Insurance when you purchase Sawasdee Thailand. Contact us at [email protected] for more details.

Above taken from AXA ins site which seems to state that existing visa holders do not need additional health insurance 

Edited by Scott

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Strange in English for me.

Your original Visa was a Non O based on retirement, you extend your stay from that each and every year.

Select Non O (Retirement).

Apologies , what I meant was the  online address was  General Insurance Association and not Insurers , now I am being pedantic cos your address still gets there .

2 minutes ago, superal said:

Apologies , what I meant was the  online address was  General Insurance Association and not Insurers , now I am being pedantic cos your address still gets there .

It's the Thai General Insurance Association that list a number of approved companies that issue the Covid Insurance. It's recommended because the Policies start and are immediately effect from the date of entry.

The policy will be issued by one of the listed and approved companies.

Some other policies do not, you need to read the terms and conditions thoroughly.

4 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Your friend, and others are probably told that  yes the 400/40k cover is required but are not told that it can be included in one policy with the $100,000 cover. I think that they show it separately on the website because, and this is the essence of it,  it is the 'MINIMUM REQUIREMENT'.

I have never denied nor remember being asked if a combination policy was acceptable including both Health and Covid Insurance, but the answer would be yes.

The vast majority don't want the Health Insurance, only the Covid Insurance.

Of course for others both are required regardless.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, SunsetT said:

Here we go again! No it is not! (From 1st hand experience).

Appreciate your experience was different.

I've witnessed 2 replies from the Thai Embassy London asking if the 400/40K Health Insurance was required for a Non O application (because the ambiguously written information) and both were told 'yes' it was required.

A friend returned only last month on a Non O based on retirement and didn't original submit any Health Insurance. He received an email requesting the 'missing' upload and told once he had he could then post all the documents including his Passport for the Visa.

Of course you'll completely disregard this information and just continue your own personal arrogance, because this wasn't your experience, so everybody else is wrong.

The problem lies with the London Embassy and it's staff.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Appreciate your experience was different.

I've witnessed 2 replies from the Thai Embassy London asking if the 400/40K Health Insurance was required for a Non O application (because the ambiguously written information) and both were told 'yes' it was required.

A friend returned only last month on a Non O based on retirement and didn't original submit any Health Insurance. He received an email requesting the 'missing' upload and told once he had he could then post all the documents including his Passport for the Visa.

Of course you'll completely disregard this information and just continue your own personal arrogance, because this wasn't your experience, so everybody else is wrong.

The problem lies with the London Embassy and it's staff.

You stated that "THE 400/40K Health Insurance is required" inferring that the separate Thai insurance policy --was required for this. Is that what the embassy emails said? How about posting one or both on here? I think they meant that minimum Covid19 cover of 400/40k is required with any policy you apply with. I was also asked to email a letter to prove that my policy covered Covid19 but it did not specify 400/40k in/out coverage.

• Confused 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Tanoshi said:

The 400/40K Health Insurance is only required to obtain certain Visas types from a Thai Embassy, OR re-entering with a re-entry permit when your original Visa was a Non Imm O-A/O-X.

The Covid Insurance is required for the COE.

If your friend originally entered on a Non O and now extended his stay (extensions) and re-entering with a re-entry permit, then he is mistaken to believe he requires both.

He came in on a Non-O and has extended his stay and re-enters with a re-entry permit but the Thai Embassy insists that he have BOTH insurances to issue the COE.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, superal said:

Thanks ,   Just phoned the embassy for confirmation but I was number 18 in the queue so I have sent them an email . BTW my friend says same as you , medical ins not needed with a re-entry permit but Thai lady at embassy said I must have but their web page does not specify that . Confusing and I do not want to get turned around at the airport for not complying with the rules .

You won't get as far as the airport if the Thai Embassy won't issue you the COE without both insurances.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

He came in on a Non-O and has extended his stay and re-enters with a re-entry permit but the Thai Embassy insists that he have BOTH insurances to issue the COE.

Which Country?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. There does seem to be a lot of confusion over this insurance issue. Last week I was issued with a NON-O visa (for stay not exceeding 90-days, based on retirement) in UK. At first I just uploaded my regular travel insurance (accident and emergency £10m coverage) along with the bank statement. I then got an email a few hours later asking me to send a further document. The exact words were: "Please submit as follows. 1. Health Insurance or Covid-19 Insurance, Long-Stay type insurance (coverage of 40,000 baht for outpatient and 400,000 baht for inpatient) for entire period of stay in Thailand. We will hold your application until we receive it."

The way this is worded (punctuation and grammar) is confusing. Are they asking for: Health Insurance (no stipulation as to what type) or just Covid Insurance  and/or 40k/400k insurance?

So, I sent my 90-day covid insurance only details (cost 6,800 baht with the $100,000 coverage, that I bought from the Thai insurance website) by email.  And a few hours later they sent confirmation that they were processing my application. My passport (with Non-o visa) came back 2 days later. So now I have permission to enter for a stay of up to 90 days. A few days after that I got my COE. So, it seems they don't require the 40k/400k insurance for a non-o, but perhaps they do for non-o-a/x. Perhaps they thought my accident and emergency travel insurance was good enough?

Perhaps the 40k/400k may only be needed when going for the extension of stay stamp after entry into Thailand? But again, maybe that only relates to non-o-a/x, not to non-o. The health insurance plans relating to 40k/400k seem to only be yearly plans, which wouldn't make sense if the non-o entry visa only gives 90-days.

While I'm on, does anyone know if I could actually change my non-o visa to ED visa in Bangkok? Or would I just go for extension of stay (of this non-o visa) for education purposes. I quite like the thought of going back to school. And having lived and worked in Thailand for 23 years previously my Thai is not too bad.

SD

On 6/7/2021 at 7:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

The only insurance needed is the $100k covid 19 insurance if you extended a non-o visa entry and you can get insurance up at the age of 99.

Look at this site. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

If you check the website of Thai Embassy in London there is only an option to get full one year 100k covid insurance.  Even though an extension of stay expiry date is much shorter 

5 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

If you check the website of Thai Embassy in London there is only an option to get full one year 100k covid insurance.  Even though an extension of stay expiry date is much shorter 

That is only needed if applying for a OA or OX visa at the embassy since it allows a one year stay. You have to be careful when reading what the website states.

The length of stay allowed when entering the country is what determines how long the covid 19 insurance has to be valid for.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only needed if applying for a OA or OX visa at the embassy since it allows a one year stay. You have to be careful when reading what the website states.

The length of stay allowed when entering the country is what determines how long the covid 19 insurance has to be valid for.

So how to get the insurance for covid that is just as valid.? Particularly when a gov website provides the link for purchasing it