The wife and I opened separate bank accounts at the Pink bank (GSB). 'Farang are not allowed to have the phone app'...

22 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Vote with your feet and change the bank - to hell with this racism in this country of clowns with a serious identity crisis marred with inferiority complex second to none! 

It can be a challenge but for me, the paranoid farangs take the biscuit.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, faraday said:
17 hours ago, Orinoco said:

f you don't have a work permit, K bank don't want to know

I went to open an a/c with a few weeks ago, & after the initial "foreigner mai dai" nonsense, & my wife speaking with her, it was deemed ok.

However, I didn't proceed with them as they were generally unhelpful - or maybe just didn't know about the different interest rates.

That BRANCH of K Bank was maybe unhelpful. There's plenty banking-related posts that indicate that K Bank has more than one farang-friendly branch or staff member.

One common denominator of foreigners who run into problems with unhelpful bank staff seems to be that they go there with their Thai wife as "translator".

Strange, I've never had a problem on my own, maybe because they need to find someone who's sharp enough to speak decent English and thus also familiar with foreigners. I wouldn't try that at any little branch in the sticks, obviously.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

That BRANCH of K Bank was maybe unhelpful. There's plenty banking-related posts that indicate that K Bank has more than one farang-friendly branch or staff member.

Did I imply that it was all Kasikorn banks? No, I didn't.

So keep your daft comments - I refer to yesterdays also, to yourself.

• Haha 1