306,580 COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on first day of mass vaccination

webfact

5 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

If you read a topic from a few days ago Thailand have been selling their locally produced AZ to Malaysia. As usual money first, people last.

Their licensing agreement with AstraZeneca mandates that they produce vaccines for other countries too.  It was never for Thailand only.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rwill said:

Their licensing agreement with AstraZeneca mandates that they produce vaccines for other countries too.  It was never for Thailand only.

go back and read the entire post. I made mention of that fact, and stated that, based on the post from a few days ago, that Malaysia are actually paying for it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yesterday evening they were claiming 143, 116 (billed as nearly 150,000, it's not, it is over 140,000 but never mind the Primary 4 maths error when rounding to the nearest 10,000!).

This morning it leaps to 306, 580!

That is quite a discrepancy, even for this bunch!

Their Calculator batteries gone flat again

1 hour ago, Udox said:

I don't get it. For several months we have been told (to great fanfares) how the Thai produced AZ vaccine will save everyone, with millions of doses rolling off the production line, yet every other day we hear of millions of other vaccines being sourced and purchased (or donated) from other countries. It doesn't add up.

You forget, Money no 1! Need to sell it to make lots of profits!

4 hours ago, tingtong said:

Don't want to spoil the party, but even keeping this speed of 300k a day jabs...

130 days = 40 million 1st shot

+

130 days = 40 million 2nd shot

Take out 1 day a week, and some public holidays....that is a full year...

And only if, and that is a big IF everything keeps on this speed, which it may not.

the transmission rate starts going way down before every last person is vaccinated, so it's good news.

• Confused 1

When /where has it ever been said AZ would be supplied  for free? I recall it was originally proposed to supply at "cost" until such time the pandemic was under control.

If Malaysia has been quietly been supplied IMO the question of significance is why the media  distraction of revealing the delay to the Philippines?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

You forget, Money no 1! Need to sell it to make lots of profits!

I am pretty sure that is opposed to the licensing agreement.

If it is the case ( and I am sure that an underlying motive in Thailand establishing a vaccine manufacturing plant was money), maybe it is time for Astra Zeneca to insist that agreement is honoured?

That is of course short term, for this vaccine. Longer term I am sure that the enterprise is intended to be another monopoly...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Dear Minister,

We cancelled appointments today, as we don’t have any vaccine.

We believe this is due to the fact that you have <deleted> up the vaccine procurement process.

Please consider this the explanation as per your request.

Sincerely, 

Hospital Director

When I was turned away yesterday I mentioned that at 64 and with Diabetes I was firmly in the category of foreigners told to register. The nurse said, taking care not to be overheard, "yes, but we don't have enough vaccines".

They are fooling nobody.

16 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

Walked into Thung Saliam hospital yesterday with no appointment. Walked out 2hrs later with my first AZ jab in my arm. Great organising there. Keep delivering the vacinnes.

That's great news.  Are you in a risk category, or was it just good timing?

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Pretty good Thailand. France, the UK and Italy are currently averaging about 500,000 vaccines a day. If Thailand can manage those kind of numbers consistently, they will be well on the way to reopening.

Capture.JPG.5fc0ef87bea10fc44e14a10c5252e47e.JPG

When does 100k become nearly 500k ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

go back and read the entire post. I made mention of that fact, and stated that, based on the post from a few days ago, that Malaysia are actually paying for it.

I think that Thailand is allowed to sell it at cost price - on a not for profit basis.

I'm sure that a great deal of thought is being expended on that one...

• Thanks 1

I would have thought the first priority would have been to order as many doses of vaccines that fall under the "you must pay first" category?  Placing orders for Moderna, Pfizer  and J&J now is  like the old saying "a little late to the party?"  In LOS there is an old Chinese saying:  Time is money and money is life.  

If the the Moderna vaccine is going to cost 3800 Baht(for a 2 dose regimen) then with 4 million due by October(allegedly) then at least the potential revenue is (3800 baht = $121 USD x 2 Million = $242,000,000 -cost of the vaccine and kickbacks). At this pace many will have already been vaccinated with the "free" Chinese vaccine or AZ(nothing from China is ever free).  Then the potential customers for the "pay for vaccine" could be reduced?  I do not understand the thinking of this government.  Especially when there was a golden opportunity to charge for  vaccines to an eager and willing group(me included).  

I have spoken to several of the locals in CNX and they have stated a preference for Prizer, Moderna or J&J and are willing to pay for it.  But none wanted to wait for a long time and if their appointments for the Chinese or AZ vaccine come up then they will roll up their sleeves.  

"opportunity lost" 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think that Thailand is allowed to sell it at cost price - on a not for profit basis.

I'm sure that a great deal of thought is being expended on that one...

How much does Prayut charge per hour? 

What's the hurry?

Anyway, we will have to have a shot every 4-6 months for the rest of our lives, just wait silently for our turn watching Tik Tok.

By now, populations are completely hypnotised. it was easier than I thought.

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Pretty good Thailand. France, the UK and Italy are currently averaging about 500,000 vaccines a day. If Thailand can manage those kind of numbers consistently, they will be well on the way to reopening.

Capture.JPG.5fc0ef87bea10fc44e14a10c5252e47e.JPG

They would need quite a bit of vaccine to do 500k per day. Not sure if you are aware of it, but there seems to be some shortages.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Keesters said:

How much does Prayut charge per hour? 

I think you misunderstand me.

I am suggesting that Thailand, or more specifically this regime, will do everything they can to wring a profit from supplying AZ to other countries, despite the fact that they are not supposed to do so.

I am far from being a spokesman for Prayut!

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

I think you misunderstand me.

I am suggesting that Thailand, or more specifically this regime, will do everything they can to wring a profit from supplying AZ to other countries, despite the fact that they are not supposed to do so.

I am far from being a spokesman for Prayut!

Your sense of humour has been found floating in the sea. 

Just saw this... final count? 415,847.

Wow! 

Great job.

At this rate the 2 MM AZ doses will be in arms by COB Friday.

Natapanu Bangkok
@NatapanuN
·
12h
A total of 415,847 doses of vaccines have been inoculated today, 7 June 2021, as of 1800 hrs.

Over 400k doses on the first day of official national vaccination drive.

วันแรกของวาระแห่งชาติเพื่อฉีดวัคซีน---วันนี้มีการฉีดรวม 415,847 โดส

Source :Ministry of Public Health

• Like 2

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yesterday evening they were claiming 143, 116 (billed as nearly 150,000, it's not, it is over 140,000 but never mind the Primary 4 maths error when rounding to the nearest 10,000!).

This morning it leaps to 306, 580!

That is quite a discrepancy, even for this bunch!

Never underestimate the night shift! They were busy as bees.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Great if they have but call me a skeptic due to the habitual fudging of numbers in the COVID pandemic and anything else.

I am looking forward to how this will be spinned.

Your totally right , first of all now they show 300k+ vaccinations on the first day because they called nr 7 so they shot everyrhing they have on the 7th and now they are all out of vaccines . So they can show of , look we started the 7th (but also stopped????) and Anutin says the hospitals have to come up with an explanation for not having vaccines that he supposed to have ordered and still need to sign of on ?? Blame Game .

• Like 1

"While the prime minister had said, earlier today, that a contract had been signed for the purchase of 25 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the Ministry of Public Health is “expected to sign term sheets” for the procurement of 20 million doses of Pfizer and just five million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccines later this week."

Pretty much sums up the problem.

• Like 2

All foreigners
Due to the technical difficulties, we will have to inform all foreigners that we will have to postpone vaccination until further notice.
We ensure that everyone in Koh Samui will have the access to Covid-19 vaccine as our plan to drive the economy of Koh Samui.
We will strive to get everyone in Samui Safe.
O REDMI NOTE 9 AI QUAD CAMERA

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister also said he had not been informed about some hospitals having to postpone vaccination appointments today adding, however, that they must provide an explanation if there are such delays.

What a pretentious Ass.

There is only one explanation for postponing Vaccinations in the Hospitals.

They simply have no Vaccines to give.

And the explanation for that is that the Government have not procured enough, fast enough.

• Like 2