306,580 COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on first day of mass vaccination

webfact

And just got back from Robinson in Lopburi. Had a much larger section for vaccines and a decent crowd. Of course there will be problems along the way. Name a country that doesn't have any. But it's started and that's all you can ask for at the moment. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

They quote the numbers  how many were foreigners ? 

At least three that I know of and myself, most of the comments I read here are close to "fake news' quoted by the usual criticizing batch.

Process was flawless and well organized.

A lot of things here works way better than in Western Europe or the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They told us they had 2 MM doses of AZ. 

With a little over 400,000 administered yesterday, they should have enough for the rest of the week at the same rate.

Can you share your news source?

It was on Thai news, an apology from the PM that he was sorry they didn't have enough.  Translated from TV.  Hopefully you are right 

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

1. Moderna is two doses, not one.

Sorry, my mistake, I should have said Johnson & Johnson's Jansen-vaccine, which require only one jab; Moderne is for private hospitals.

Supply of 25 millions J&J has been confirmed. On top comes some Phizer-BioNTech doses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

If it is the case ( and I am sure that an underlying motive in Thailand establishing a vaccine manufacturing plant was money), maybe it is time for Astra Zeneca to insist that agreement is honoured?

What about the AZ commitment to Thailand? Take you don't believe that needs to be honoured first.

The February delivery is now 4 months overdue with the EU and India blocking exports.

Obviously quite outrageous for Thailand to expect the outstanding commitments to be honoured from local production, just a small fish in pond full of sharks.

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Remind me again why we are in June and just starting mass vaccinations....

Because the major economies were in control of initial production, and very reluctant to give it up.

If it wasn't for Chinese donations, many countries would not have seen any vaccine yet.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Sorry, my mistake, I should have said Johnson & Johnson's Jansen-vaccine, which require only one jab; Moderne is for private hospitals.

Supply of 25 millions J&J has been confirmed. On top comes some Phizer-BioNTech doses.

Confirmed you say? I read about discussion on terms of agreement, nothing about confirmation. Do you have a source detailing delivery dates? I would be interested in J and J.

Pfizer is unlikely to arrive this year I believe, but that’s from memory, I have no source for it. On the other hand, no source to say it arrives earlier either.

55 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What about the AZ commitment to Thailand? Take you don't believe that needs to be honoured first.

The February delivery is now 4 months overdue with the EU and India blocking exports.

Obviously quite outrageous for Thailand to expect the outstanding commitments to be honoured from local production, just a small fish in pond full of sharks.

The AZ commitment to Thailand, from the plant established in Thailand, should perhaps be honoured in proportion with the commitments made to supply other nations when the plant was established; so if there is a 50% shortfall in production then perhaps Thailand, Malaysia, Phillipines et al should accept a 50% drop. What is not acceptable, in my opinion, is for Thailand to get the full amount and Malaysia, and the Phillipines to get nothing.

Pattaya City Hall is refusing to allow appointments or release vaccine for foreigners.
This information was given to me by the staff at the Banglamuang Hospital in Pattaya.
Perhaps the Government should coordinate a bit better?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Confirmed you say? I read about discussion on terms of agreement, nothing about confirmation. Do you have a source detailing delivery dates? I would be interested in J and J.

Pfizer is unlikely to arrive this year I believe, but that’s from memory, I have no source for it. On the other hand, no source to say it arrives earlier either.

3 hours ago, Pinot said:

Anyone know how a 70 year old farang without a work permit or Thai ID gets a shot in Phuket?

Go stand in front of the ritziest SHA+ property with a sandwich board saying "I am not vaccinated".

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks khunper. I did see that actually, just it was contradicted by Anutin on the same day and lacked any kind of delivery detail other than a vague reference to this year.

hopefully it turns out to be true and with timely delivery but with the way other vaccines have gone (AZ, Moderna) I’m not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I agree with your general sentiment, but a brief Google search indicates that the February delivery was only for 50,000 doses? If that's what you're referring to, it's hardly a game changer.

I miss your angry rants on the "World News" forum ????

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/50000-doses-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-to-arrive-in-thailand-in-early-february-more-ahead

20 hours ago, richardlg said:

Well l'm not complaining. Took my Thai lady to our local Amhpur yesterday for her vaccine shot. From our small village there was only her and our phu yai ban.

She was number 330 in queue and when finished she went up chain of command complaining that her farang boyfriend had missed out. Eventually, (probably got sick of her) she rang me to say come on down.

Queue no 548 and watching the people go through the various stages, all in blocks of 10, l was very very impressed.

They vaccinated about 600 thais and one grateful farang and all finished by mid afternoon.

That was Astrazenica and they used up most of their allocation. Today it's on again but with Sinovac.

Well done Thai GIrlfriend !

Did they give you any sort of Certification ? 

May be an image of text that says 'Why did Û i read this wrong 0056 YOU DONT MATTER GIEUP UP Swipe up for more memes'

Interesting that on Monday we got hourly updates on the the numebr of vaccines adminsitered. And a full tally before 7:00 PM.

And the number was fantastic.

Tuesday has come and gone, and no figures released?

Do they plan to keep it a secret?

Just found these:

8th June:
1st Dose: Sinovac - 134,926 | AstraZeneca- 293,533
2nd Dose: Sinovac - 38,665 | AstraZeneca 5,004

Better than Day 1. Awesome news.

DAY 1: 416,847 doses
DAY 2: 472,128 doses
TOTAL: 888,975

Edited by mtls2005

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that on Monday we got hourly updates on the the numebr of vaccines adminsitered. And a full tally before 7:00 PM.

And the number was fantastic.

Tuesday has come and gone, and no figures released?

Do they plan to keep it a secret?

Just found these:

8th June:
1st Dose: Sinovac - 134,926 | AstraZeneca- 293,533
2nd Dose: Sinovac - 38,665 | AstraZeneca 5,004

Better than Day 1. Awesome news.

DAY 1: 416,847 doses
DAY 2: 472,128 doses
TOTAL: 888,975

Source url please? Thanks.

23 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

What is not acceptable, in my opinion, is for Thailand to get the full amount and Malaysia, and the Phillipines to get nothing.

So you agree, it was unacceptable for AZ Europe to supply UK and Europe and Thailand get nothing.

I would agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but then there is the real world.

21 hours ago, nkg said:

I agree with your general sentiment, but a brief Google search indicates that the February delivery was only for 50,000 doses? If that's what you're referring to, it's hardly a game changer.

I miss your angry rants on the "World News" forum ????

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/50000-doses-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-to-arrive-in-thailand-in-early-february-more-ahead

What your article is referring to is the fallout from Europe blocking the original order, AZ allowed some to be sent from South Korea in Feb, think it came to 117K in the end.

Try google 'Astrazeneca to send covid jabs from Asia', it cannot be quoted.

BTW, I do not make angry rants, must be wishful thinking. Too old these day for anything to get worked up.

17 hours ago, sandyf said:

So you agree, it was unacceptable for AZ Europe to supply UK and Europe and Thailand get nothing.

I would agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but then there is the real world.

It has nothing to do with AZ Europe. Siam Bioscience's factory was set up with AZ to supply South East Asia. That is why a proportion of their output goes to other countries.

As I said it has nothing to do with AZ in Europe.

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It has nothing to do with AZ Europe. Siam Bioscience's factory was set up with AZ to supply South East Asia. That is why a proportion of their output goes to other countries.

As I said it has nothing to do with AZ in Europe. I think you are just trying to pick a fight - reminds me of the days of the old "World News Forum"!

Of course it has something to do with AZ Europe, they failed to supply.

You like most on here just looking for excuses to attack the government.

Never heard of any "World News Forum" so take your allegations elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course it has something to do with AZ Europe, they failed to supply.

You like most on here just looking for excuses to attack the government.

Never heard of any "World News Forum" so take your allegations elsewhere.

"Never heard of any "World News Forum" - come on, you were never off it doing your Victor Meldrew impressions! ????

Edited by herfiehandbag