306,580 COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on first day of mass vaccination

webfact

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So it looks like AZ in Thailand hasn't either come up with the goods, or Prayuts dream of 100% of production here staying in Thailand didn't pan-out.

Now they're scrambling signing contracts for other vaccines which is what they should have done last year.

The Thai AZ factory is producing for south east Asia. My guess is that the production is sold out thats why others need to be ordered. Also better to have many different vaccine suppliers to make everyone happy and get more T money ????

• Like 1

According to this mornings news - that was it.  The government has now effectively run out of vaccine and only distributed these amounts to save face on the day they had pledged the campaign.  The combination of long waits, cumbersome registration process often leading to cancelled appointments, restricted vaccinations, limited choices, botched supply and distribution, foreigners back of the bus - a greater debacle is hard to imagine.  Other Asian countries seem to be miles ahead. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

"While the prime minister had said, earlier today, that a contract had been signed for the purchase of 25 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the Ministry of Public Health is “expected to sign term sheets” for the procurement of 20 million doses of Pfizer and just five million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccines later this week."

When cops want to uncover big lies , they put  2 suspects in 2 different rooms , ask the same questions and uncover anomlies in the individuals  stories which they use as indicators that somebody , or BOTH , are lying.

So how many dose again ?

• Like 2

surprised that some private hospitals didn't have the vaccines and were not doing vaccinations?  suggest someone on his staff read the newspapers and let him know what the story is.  I contact Bangkok Hospital daily and they have a notice that they don't have the vaccines and are not vaccinating at this time.  They along with several other hospitals in Chiang Mai are in the same

situation.  I also notice that the govt message for ex-pats to register indicates that currently the only two vaccines they are giving are AstraZeneca and Chinese vaccines and that expats have "no choice" of said vaccines.  My choice is one that the US has approved and is here for sure and I will gladly pay for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Udox said:

As the saying famously goes: 'Money #1'

Well, not that I regularly believe newspaper articles, but I did read that the recent visit by a senior US diplomat resulted in a $30 million USD donation to fight the COVID-19 and access to US vaccines.  Wonder where the money went>

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

According to this mornings news - that was it.  The government has now effectively run out of vaccine

They told us they had 2 MM doses of AZ. 

With a little over 400,000 administered yesterday, they should have enough for the rest of the week at the same rate.

Can you share your news source?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Great if they have but call me a skeptic due to the habitual fudging of numbers in the COVID pandemic and anything else.

I am looking forward to how this will be spinned.

It will be advisable not to mention the lack of Astra Zenica vaccine  as the reason for the postponement as that could give you time in porridge.

What doesn't add up is that they stated earlier there were 2 million doses ready for the first round starting on the 7th.  But after less than 50% of that number they are already out.

On June 4th My hospital for the past 29 years which is a Major Hospital In Bangkok has told me both by phone and in person  Plus 2 e mails that do not vaccine for Expats, and may have by Oct Nov but little if they get have some . They do have vaccine for Thais though.

14 minutes ago, itsari said:

It will be advisable not to mention the lack of Astra Zenica vaccine  as the reason for the postponement as that could give you time in porridge.

It is a good job I didn't mention it then. Plus currently, I am not living in Thailand but I get your point.????

• Like 1

"The minister also said he had not been informed about some hospitals having to postpone vaccination appointments today adding, however, that they must provide an explanation if there are such delays."

The reason:

You didn't provide vaccines to the hospitals in question.  

Anutin, the hub of excuses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dutchman said:

They sell it to the philipines as well, knowing there is a shortage.

Time to fit in private hospitals for moderna pfizer for those who want to pay for it

They started yesterday at a Tesco here in Lopburi (and I'm sure other locations as well). Using AZ. My private hospital is still saying October for Moderna. People still want to moan and complain (on thai visa?? Never!!) But it's started so be thankful. 

Setting myself up here but starting to believe this is going to ramp up be more successful than some think. Maybe not the volume they want but better than expected. 

• Like 2

I have my doubts over the figures announced the U.K. had 1,000s of staff / retired nurse / doctors / military personnel assisting in the mass vaccination and even they could not achieve that figure at the beginning I think it’s pie in the sky figures just like the 6 million Brits who are going to visit the Kingdom this year .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yesterday evening they were claiming 143, 116 (billed as nearly 150,000, it's not, it is over 140,000 but never mind the Primary 4 maths error when rounding to the nearest 10,000!).

This morning it leaps to 306, 580!

That is quite a discrepancy, even for this bunch!

The 143K was for jabs between 10am and Noon. I'm actually surprised they got barely over 300K for the whole day, but I think some numbers have not yet been included in the total. 

12 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I have my doubts over the figures announced the U.K. had 1,000s of staff / retired nurse / doctors / military personnel assisting in the mass vaccination and even they could not achieve that figure at the beginning I think it’s pie in the sky figures just like the 6 million Brits who are going to visit the Kingdom this year .

The did 180K the day before, so it's not out of the question. They are actually using a lot of staff from nursing colleges to do the vaccinations as well. 

7 hours ago, tingtong said:

Don't want to spoil the party, but even keeping this speed of 300k a day jabs...

130 days = 40 million 1st shot

+

130 days = 40 million 2nd shot

Take out 1 day a week, and some public holidays....that is a full year...

And only if, and that is a big IF everything keeps on this speed, which it may not.

Don't forget to factor in that they ALL have to eat rice at 12 on the dot for 1 hour

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The 143K was for jabs between 10am and Noon. I'm actually surprised they got barely over 300K for the whole day, but I think some numbers have not yet been included in the total. 

In Chiang Rai the mass vaccination centre closed at noon (opens at 9, closes at noon all this week). I suspect that may have been the case elsewhere, certainly away from Bangkok.

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

surprised that some private hospitals didn't have the vaccines and were not doing vaccinations?  suggest someone on his staff read the newspapers and let him know what the story is.  I contact Bangkok Hospital daily and they have a notice that they don't have the vaccines and are not vaccinating at this time.  They along with several other hospitals in Chiang Mai are in the same

situation.  I also notice that the govt message for ex-pats to register indicates that currently the only two vaccines they are giving are AstraZeneca and Chinese vaccines and that expats have "no choice" of said vaccines.  My choice is one that the US has approved and is here for sure and I will gladly pay for it!

Is it good stuff? If so it will be spoken for...

The whole appointment system is a farce! I know a young girl (Thai 21 years old) who simply walked into a vaccination center in Bangkok yesterday without an appointment, said she had tried to register on the app but it didn't work. They took her details and gave her a vaccine shot on the spot. And other people with appointments were cancelled..........! Not much else you can say really.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

306,580 people across Thailand were inoculated against COVID-19 today (Monday)...

Great, it shows that the proposed 300,000 vaccinations a day is possible and the 60-70 percent of the population, i.e. 41-48 million people,being vaccinated before the end of the year is not impossible, especially when including some 20-25 million doses Moderna vaccines that only requires one jab...????????

friends of mine went to pre arranged appointments in a hospital in Koh Samui to be told they dont have any vaccine and have had no information from the government as to when they will receive them..... maybe the numbers are from when they started the vaccinations and not from the 7th of June....... or am i being sceptical........

Well l'm not complaining. Took my Thai lady to our local Amhpur yesterday for her vaccine shot. From our small village there was only her and our phu yai ban.

She was number 330 in queue and when finished she went up chain of command complaining that her farang boyfriend had missed out. Eventually, (probably got sick of her) she rang me to say come on down.

Queue no 548 and watching the people go through the various stages, all in blocks of 10, l was very very impressed.

They vaccinated about 600 thais and one grateful farang and all finished by mid afternoon.

That was Astrazenica and they used up most of their allocation. Today it's on again but with Sinovac.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They told us they had 2 MM doses of AZ. 

With a little over 400,000 administered yesterday, they should have enough for the rest of the week at the same rate.

Can you share your news source?

Maybe they share vaccine to all province whit Kubota's and its ruined ! 

56 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Great, it shows that the proposed 300,000 vaccinations a day is possible and the 60-70 percent of the population, i.e. 41-48 million people,being vaccinated before the end of the year is not impossible, especially when including some 20-25 million doses Moderna vaccines that only requires one jab...????????

Two immediate flaws that I see in your extrapolation:

1. Moderna is two doses, not one.

2. The only confirmed supply at the moment is AZ at the rate of 10 million a month from July if all goes to plan.  So far it hasn’t gone to plan but who knows, maybe it will. Even so that is 5 million people per month.

Other supply figures for other vaccines being bandied about are unconfirmed pie in the sky stuff. For example, the 10 million Moderna doses has just been confirmed as only 4 million doses this year, so 2 million people. I don’t know where you get your 20 to 25 million Moderna doses from, but I bet it’s from a headline created by Anutin or Prayut. I further bet that the detail will be very different once confirmed.

When dealing with this virus, hard facts, cold truths work better than daily happiness statements. There’s work to be done on vaccinations before I will be able to agree with your optimistic outlook.

• Like 2