Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens

snoop1130

The Australian Ambassidor Alan Macinnon could not give a flying rats <deleted> about the welfare of Aussie Expats and Covid-19.

We wants all the glory from the money the Australian Liberal Party has given Thailand to buy Vaccines for the Thais.

Well i have some bad news for him Labour are going to replace him when the win the next election and he will be turfed out on the street where the dog belongs..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

About time all ambassadors put pressure on Prayut and Anutin to sort out the shambles.

I understand that the British Embassy is consistently applying pressure on the Thai government to honour their commitment to include foreigners in their vaccination programme, as the UK and many other countries have done for Thais living in their countries.

Personally I think that a more public stance would be effective - the time for saving face is past - but that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If this starts a trend then one thing is a given.

The Australian ambassador will not give a Yelp. 

Your spot on no good waiting for the Australian government to do anything myself and other Aussie expat friends arranged to get the AstraZeneca at the local hospital.

Started yesterday and no cost.

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Anutin would make best comedy show host. His lines would not even Need to be scripted.

how on earth does he know that most Belgians are in SS fund?

if asked what language Belgian speak, his reply would most likely be chocolate 

French fries, waffles, pralines, chocolate, beer.

15 minutes ago, bluesea said:

The Australian Ambassidor Alan Macinnon could not give a flying rats <deleted> about the welfare of Aussie Expats and Covid-19.

We wants all the glory from the money the Australian Liberal Party has given Thailand to buy Vaccines for the Thais.

Well i have some bad news for him Labour are going to replace him when the win the next election and he will be turfed out on the street where the dog belongs..

Somehow I think your prediction is wrong, unless they get get rid of Albanese then maybe a slight chance

Don't be so quick to slam USA. They are donating "Free of any charges or Strings attached" 500 Million doses this month to 100 low income countries. Thailand included! I have no idea how they will determine who gets what but if the split it even that means 5M shots to Thailand.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Well the UK wont even enquire about there expats. Even though most have paid National insurance all there working life and some will still be paying tax to the UK  government. I appreciate we have moved away for whatever reason but most have earned and payed for the right to assistance in a once in lifetime event. 

When I lived and worked in the UK for 62 years, 47 of which I worked full time paying tax and National insurance, as a non welfare benefit receiver English born citizen, I am fully aware of being 2nd class in one's own country, not treated much worse here. ????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Can anyone see the Brits doing this? Rhetorical question.

UK to donate at least 100 million surplus COVID vaccine doses to other countries within the next year, PM says

Sky News in the last hour, yes we know, we are not on the Boris list...

2 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Aus gave $65 million dollars for Covid-19 use earlier this year.

US giving 500 milllion doses ... part to Thailand.

Why should any country be giving to Thailand?  Thailand has the means to supply (and make money from) their own vaccine production to other countries here in SE Asia.  Thailand's corruption is so bad they will probably take the donations then put a price tag to sell the vaccines here to foreigners.

The US, UK and other large countries want to end Covid by any means. So in short if the smaller countries don't have the means, "or the Sense" they are stepping up to take care of it in other ways. That's just a nice way to say it. We all want to get on with life and as long as there is covid with new variants developing it's a threat to the World 

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Don't think the U.S. has an ambassador to Thailand right now. We're betwixt and between....

But we do have Michael Heath is the Chargé d’ Affaires a.i. of the U.S. Mission in Thailand 

4 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Aus gave $65 million dollars for Covid-19 use earlier this year.

US giving 500 milllion doses ... part to Thailand.

Why should any country be giving to Thailand?  Thailand has the means to supply (and make money from) their own vaccine production to other countries here in SE Asia.  Thailand's corruption is so bad they will probably take the donations then put a price tag to sell the vaccines here to foreigners.

Silly way of thinking . Everyone should give and help thailand because everyone should.

look through the history, bad foreigners , bad bad bad. Something happens , first port of call? Foreigners . Once got what they wanted, back to bad foreigners