Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, BHW said:

In reply to Dr Jack 54 & others I have lived here for 8 years have had to visit & contact the embassy at least 10 times never once have I not been satisified with their service.

Clearly you had not been there to obtain a residence certificate (to name just one service) as they do not do them.

Not many other countries act like that.

What do you mean by good service. 1500 baht to witness each signature on various docs. Bloody well should be good service. 

Back when amnesty was about, the USA provided their citizens with Letter. Oz did stuff all. 

Don't confuse service such as witness docs, passport renewal etc with the important stuff such as assist their citizens. They are useless.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MarcIssan said:

Getting all the free doses...$30 million worth from the USA alone...was probably Prayut's end game in not ordering jabs earlier.  

A diabolical plan indeed mini me...  muuuuahahahah

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If this starts a trend then one thing is a given.

The Australian ambassador will not give a Yelp. 

Agreed. I've now emailed Embassy and copied my Opposition Federal MP in Oz. Our best hope is to embarrass the Government in Oz. Even China sent free vaccines to Chinese in China

3 minutes ago, snawa said:

Agreed. I've now emailed Embassy and copied my Opposition Federal MP in Oz. Our best hope is to embarrass the Government in Oz. Even China sent free vaccines to Chinese in China

I applaud you making an effort, however won't achieve anything.

My approach is to wait until private enterprise gets an opening to be involved. That in the main would be private hospital group. 

• Like 1

Why can't the various embassies freight in the vaccines themselves? They have diplomatic privileges'. Why get the Thai Govt involved, Anutin & Co will just create a clusterf u c k. Then all the embassy needs to do it is Contract some nursing staff/doctors to administer the vaccines at the embassy. Sounds so simple... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

UK to donate at least 100 million surplus COVID vaccine doses to other countries within the next year, PM says

Sky News in the last hour, yes we know, we are not on the Boris list...

Yes, they'll do that.

But.

Thailand has aspirations to be a first world country and won't want to be lumped in with the "poor countries" getting this charity.

Also, Boris can only do this once the UK is pretty much covid-free or he's finished politically.

8 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Yes, they'll do that.

But.

Thailand has aspirations to be a first world country and won't want to be lumped in with the "poor countries" getting this charity.

Also, Boris can only do this once the UK is pretty much covid-free or he's finished politically.

yes that's great by then the shelf life will be used up 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

An interesting qualifier.

Not sure what to make of this. Some Belgians are more equal than others I guess.

While two batches were approved fro release...

FDA tells Johnson & Johnson to toss 60 million Covid vaccine doses

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-tells-johnson-johnson-toss-60-million-covid-vaccine-doses-n1270521

The Belgians who do not have the Thai Social Security have had their chips. Maybe fries for our American cousins ????

58 minutes ago, Almer said:

Agreed, i paid in for 49 years in the Uk and now receive  a frozen pittance, my wife passed away 1 year into her retirement after also paying in all her life, that money is paying for the prawn sandwiches in Westminster, , if i had my time again!! 

Sorry to hear that .i also worked  44 years paying NHS conurbations. i contacted the pensions dep. and was told you are 7 years overpaid . i do not get that back or added on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

In the case of the U.S. I would expect that Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman shoveled the path for follow-on discussions during her meeting with payut a few weeks ago?

From the statement:

The Deputy Secretary reiterated the U.S. commitment to the people of Thailand in our fight against COVID-19, which includes $30 million in COVID-related assistance to Thailand. The two sides agreed on the importance of continuing to work together to combat COVID-19.

https://th.usembassy.gov/statement-on-the-visit-of-deputy-secretary-wendy-r-sherman-to-thailand/

I hope somebody is tracking that US$30 million Covid related assistance, who knows where that will end up????

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said Belgian ambassador Sibille de Cartier d’Yves asked the government to speed up COVID-19 vaccinations for Belgians in Thailand

Besides, he said new French ambassador Thierry Mathou met him and asked the Public Health Ministry to permit the import of 10,000 doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccine for inoculation with the French people who lived in Thailand. The lot was expected to arrive in late June, Mr Anutin said.

; <satire-on>

Joe Biden said that the US will send billions of US dollars in Covid aid and million and millions of doses of Covid vaccines to foreign countries around the world.

US Dept of State spokesperson Jen Psaki speaking on behalf of the president told US citizens abroad to "suck it up and quit whining."  As the US takes care of the rest of the world Covid needs, US expats are reminded by spokesperson Psaki that "you're not our problem, go find your own vaccines."

In the meanwhile the US ambassador to Thailand is in meetings this week planning ways to embarrass China, Belgium, and France for providing vaccines to their citizens living in Thailand.

; <satire-off>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

An interesting qualifier.

Not sure what to make of this. Some Belgians are more equal than others I guess.

While two batches were approved fro release...

FDA tells Johnson & Johnson to toss 60 million Covid vaccine doses

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-tells-johnson-johnson-toss-60-million-covid-vaccine-doses-n1270521

Yes you are correct first class are the French speaking, second class those from Brussels 3 class those with foreign roots  (75% of the people in BXL don't speak any of the 3 official languages at home) 4 class the Flemish speaking part (majority) 5 Class those who live in a foreign country but work for a big company, next those who are retired and last those who moved out of that hell hole to get a better live. Don't be fooled by this publicity stunt, The newsletter we got last week did not mention to much useful information (as usual)and did not mention this visit. Through social media they probably found out that the people where not happy with their Embassy. 

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

In this story of vaccination, I really think that Thailand is incompetent; why to refuse that a country, much more advanced for vaccins, decides to send vaccins for his citizens abroad ? I don't want AZ and Sinovac, I accept to wait till October to have Moderna, but if my embassy ( France ) gives me an appointment for Johnson  very soon, I "ll  accept it 

I don't know why Thai people will feell  offended by this ; it's their gouvernment which is incompetent, not a farang government 

if they have to get angy, it's with  Prayut and Anutin 

I don't think anyone is offended.  It was a weak excuse offered by some as a reason not to send vaccines.  Obviously, China has already sent vaccine for its citizens.  Now France.  I don't think anyone cares--they're likely very happy to have fewer foreigners to find vaccines for.  

Edited by newnative
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topcat333 said:

Don't be so quick to slam USA. They are donating "Free of any charges or Strings attached" 500 Million doses this month to 100 low income countries. Thailand included! I have no idea how they will determine who gets what but if the split it even that means 5M shots to Thailand.  

Just to clarify, from CNN :

As for a timeline, officials said the Pfizer doses will begin to ship in August and 200 million doses will be delivered by the end of this year. The remaining 300 million doses will be delivered in the first half of 2022.”

1 hour ago, JustinCredible said:

BBC News yesterday reported that the UK Government had agree to DONATE 100 MILLION Surplas doses to "Countries in Need". 

Well they are giving overseas aid paid for my British taxpayers to countries abroad, and in one particular case, funding their space programmes while lots of their own people are sleeping on the streets, and old people dying every winter from cold related illnesses because they cannot afford their electric bills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Most Belgians are covered by the SSO? That would be different than most other nationalitities then!

THey think only about those that work for Big companies. I you moved to Thailand as an immigrant or retired person, you are not counted in their statistics anymore ???? 

14 minutes ago, timberpond said:

There is 10,000 Belgian in Thailand? Wow... 

French, the Belgian Embassy in BKK is also responsible for Burma, Laos and Cambodia, but even then they don't hit 10.000 registered Belgians. They probably don't have a clue how many fellow countrymen are living here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Seem Oz embassy ? More like a max security prison fortress. Sure was not intended on being welcoming or “friendly “????

Agreed, and even some prisons are made to look more attractive. Terrible reflection on Australia as a country.