Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Beggars belief! If they can just import j and j vaccine that quick why not import for everyone else who wants it..

Importing is one thing but paying is another. 

Thailand hasn't any money. So they borrowed for finance the vaccine orders. 

However, if the wealthiest would feel responsibility........and would give a donation....... .it would be easy. ????

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Wife just told me on Thai news all the vaccines have run out in Bkk

That will explain why, my having registered on the ThailandInterVac site OK, and being eligible, all booking dates for all the 3 hospitals, for both vaccines "available", are blanked out! What a waste of time. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes....you can bet up in Newcastle their working overtime getting  a ton of P.O.L. (Proof of Life) letters ready to send world wide as soon as Possible.

Exactly, they once sent that POL to the wrong address and within one week put a stop to my pension. It was easy to sort out over the phone but they don't like their citizens living abroad, definatly happy when you kick the bucket.

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Yes, they'll do that.

But.

Thailand has aspirations to be a first world country and won't want to be lumped in with the "poor countries" getting this charity.

Also, Boris can only do this once the UK is pretty much covid-free or he's finished politically.

How can Thailand possibly ever be a first world country when it is ruled by third world people who's boss elected himself? Even the majority of Thai people only have a third world mentality, which is a shame as the vast majority of them are honest and decent.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Finally waking up. But a little too late, as from Monday all foreign residents can register with the Thai government for a free vaccine.

This has been ongoing since the first of may but hey ho 

Yep, you can import 10,000 Johnson &Johnson vaccines, I'll make sure all your French citizens receive it!

Now the chances of all the 10,000 going to the French are at best pretty slim! 

If they do get them there's a high probability an administration cost will be involved.

????????????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Sorry but I believe if you have paid for something you should get it.

You should know better than that, you're British. All you get is silence when the trumpets stop blowing. Our 'Island home' couldn't care less about us which is why we left.

• Like 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

You should know better than that, you're British. All you get is silence when the trumpets stop blowing. Our 'Island home' couldn't care less about us which is why we left.

Maybe you left because of that, I did not and just because someone says no does not mean thats it. Maybe your way not mine.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Witnessing the stunning failure of the vaccination program, the various embassies should simply fly in the necessary vaccines to take care of their own citizens. And they should ignore all government protocols and regulations. Sometimes in life, if you mess something up as badly as they have messed this one up, you deserve to be humiliation, and scorned. 

One has to wonder how much of an alternate universe Anutin lives in, that he can even show his face in public at this point. And one also wonders why he is not being shouted down, every time he goes out into the public realm. At the risk of arrest, I would give him a piece of my mind, if I saw him in public. And it would not be pretty. 

They are all protected now. Just copy the Chinese.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

For those interested I have registered online for the vaccine here in Hua Hin and have a queue number. My misses and I are about 8000 in the queue. No idea how long that will take but am told Hua Hin is short on vaccines! 

I registered for the Moderna cocktail.

Queue number 1,033.XXX

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

In the case of the U.S. I would expect that Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman shoveled the path for follow-on discussions during her meeting with payut a few weeks ago?

From the statement:

The Deputy Secretary reiterated the U.S. commitment to the people of Thailand in our fight against COVID-19, which includes $30 million in COVID-related assistance to Thailand. The two sides agreed on the importance of continuing to work together to combat COVID-19.

https://th.usembassy.gov/statement-on-the-visit-of-deputy-secretary-wendy-r-sherman-to-thailand/

Wishful thinking? The State Dept seems to be tonedeaf to letters and opinion in the Wall Street Journal. A while back I suggested a group effort to put a full page ad in Washington Post (around $12700) to embarrass Biden into doing something for Americans in countries where US-approved vaccines are not available within a reasonable time (hopefully before the Indian variant takes over). No feedback on this idea at all. Sad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topcat333 said:

Don't be so quick to slam USA. They are donating "Free of any charges or Strings attached" 500 Million doses this month to 100 low income countries. Thailand included! I have no idea how they will determine who gets what but if the split it even that means 5M shots to Thailand.  

Apparently this donation is through Covax, but such can be directed to specific countries by donor. Is Thailand included? Even 500 million is not so much considering so many people are not yet vaccinated.

• Like 1

I agree The Australian ambassador will not give  a toss. He wants to get off the golf coarse and start paying attention to his job I have contacted the embassy twice Once about the letter for the covid extension where they just threw the phone up on me when we were just having a discussion and the next time i wanted to know about Passport renewal and they did not even bother to answer me Yeah you are right mate the embassy is like a fortress in Bangkok Next letter will be to Marise Payne the foreign affairs minister asking her what sort of show they are playing in Bangkok because service is pretty slack

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Sorry to hear that .i also worked  44 years paying NHS conurbations. i contacted the pensions dep. and was told you are 7 years overpaid . i do not get that back or added on 

As i said if i had my time again