Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Most Belgians in Thailand were members of the Social Security Fund and the Public Health Ministry would meet the request, Mr Anutin said.

An interesting qualifier.

Not sure what to make of this. Some Belgians are more equal than others I guess.

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

french ambassador begged for 10k of J&J to be imported for those over 45.

Might be coming shortly.

While two batches were approved fro release...

FDA tells Johnson & Johnson to toss 60 million Covid vaccine doses

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-tells-johnson-johnson-toss-60-million-covid-vaccine-doses-n1270521

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'm guessing USA and UK ambassadors are too busy toasting Joe and Boris supping with old Queen Liz ?

In the case of the U.S. I would expect that Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman shoveled the path for follow-on discussions during her meeting with payut a few weeks ago?

From the statement:

The Deputy Secretary reiterated the U.S. commitment to the people of Thailand in our fight against COVID-19, which includes $30 million in COVID-related assistance to Thailand. The two sides agreed on the importance of continuing to work together to combat COVID-19.

https://th.usembassy.gov/statement-on-the-visit-of-deputy-secretary-wendy-r-sherman-to-thailand/

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Well the UK wont even enquire about there expats. Even though most have paid National insurance all there working life and some will still be paying tax to the UK  government. I appreciate we have moved away for whatever reason but most have earned and payed for the right to assistance in a once in lifetime event. 

Time to wake up, reality awaits us all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If this starts a trend then one thing is a given.

The Australian ambassador will not give a Yelp. 

Seem Oz embassy ? More like a max security prison fortress. Sure was not intended on being welcoming or “friendly “????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Seem Oz embassy ? More like a max security prison fortress. Sure was not intended on being welcoming or “friendly “????

Very true. One of the few embassies that could do with shuttle from main gate to front door.

• Thanks 1