Ambassadors Seek COVID-19 Vaccinations for Their Citizens

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, patrick1968 said:

Australian Embassy  that what we Call ( the Duty of Care ) for your own citizen 

Think you have some correct words but the order is mixed up. Should be something like.......

Call the Australian Embassy as a Citizen and you will be told...what Duty, we don't Care.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Who should import it and at who's cost?

the countries involved then give it to red cross in thailand  red cross can sell it to country men but yea that aint gonna happen .. thai will always be middle men and keep the income ..

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If this starts a trend then one thing is a given.

The Australian ambassador will not give a Yelp. 

Am I right in assuming that our illustrious Oz govt doesn't give a rats' rectum about those living in LOS ? Am I even surprised ? 

3 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

He's already stated it's not his responsibility

I'm not suggesting it is his responsibility.

Point is that if it was his responsibility the result would be the same. 

Zero assistance would be forth coming

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not suggesting it is his responsibility.

Point is that if it was his responsibility the result would be the same. 

Zero assistance would be forth coming

Oz govt said the same thing. Expats are not their responsibility. and oz expats MUST wait for the Thai rollout to be vaccinated.

Just now, TigerandDog said:

Oz govt said the same thing. Expats are not their responsibility. and oz expats MUST wait for the Thai rollout to be vaccinated.

I actually agree. Foreign govs should not be directly involved in rollout of vax in Thailand. 

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

But not America.

Yeah but it was the loudmouth Yanqs here who started all the noise. Honestly, it's not your country's duty of care if you live abroad. As others have pointed out, they'd have to do the same in 190 countries.

• Like 1

Good on them.

The J&J also smart, a single shot.

Which makes me wonder what excuse the government and the private hospitals will come up to still fleece the farangs the same as a 2 jab scenario offer.

Not an easy task, but they got the experience in it, an interesting match up.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

He's already stated it's not his responsibility

British government advice has been that British expats should not come to the UK for vaccines and that, if they come back, they will only get vaccinated, if they are moving permanently back to the UK.  They tell expats to contact health authorities in the countries they reside for vaccines which many have already been doing tirelessly without response, despite all the nauseating fake news about how they are looking foreigners.  

Actually they can't stop people getting vaccinated, if they come back and have an address they can use and register with a GP.  A friend did exactly that.  Howeer, the government advice exemplifies the British government's obnoxious attitude towards its own citizens residing overseas. If they try to refuse vaccines to Brits who come home for them, what hope that they would export vaccines to Brits abroad and pay for the nursing services to administer them.  They have no bargaining chip with the Thai government as they have already given free vaccines to all Thais in the UK without asking for anything in return.  

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The Deputy Secretary reiterated the U.S. commitment to the people of Thailand in our fight against COVID-19, which includes $30 million in COVID-related assistance to Thailand. The two sides agreed on the importance of continuing to work together to combat COVID-19.

So, the US donates $30 million bucks to Thailand but not a penny to vaccinate their citizens here! 

• Haha 1

i hope t

he ambassadors mention the fact  theres plenty of money to pay for these vaccs.the USA amb certainly should have,theres millions in sub money and also about 40 billion floating about in northern europe.quit the PCBS and start serving up to your tax paying citizens.the chinese have and now these 2 nations,this broken incompetent corrupt racist cabal should be held to account.but us......uk usa eu etc need to stop the prancing PC prascilla bit and get their people vacced instead we see a long procession of politicians rushing to serve regimes like this across africa and the world at the expense of their own citizens.shame on you,here youve vacced your own staff in embassies and councils so that clearly shows what you think of the vacc rollout.people may say dont hold ur breath waiting but oct is even further away

23 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes....you can bet up in Newcastle their working overtime getting  a ton of P.O.L. (Proof of Life) letters ready to send world wide as soon as Possible.

On a similar subject, I was phoning Newcastle about my wife's National Insurance number/married person's pension.  The Geordie asked to speak to my wife personally.  After a short conversation the phone came back to me.  'I can't understand your wife's answers because of her accent.'  I asked for a supervisor who spoke non-Geordie English as I was struggling too.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, bluesea said:

The Australian Ambassidor Alan Macinnon could not give a flying rats <deleted> about the welfare of Aussie Expats and Covid-19.

That reminds me of something David McMillan ( A Plastic- Oz who has been the only person to escape from the BKK Hilton)  said when he was being interviewed by Richard Barrow. It had been the usual violent day there with one prisoner being thrown down a flight of stairs braking a leg and left laying there for hours--and others being beaten. After he was taken to a safe house that night---they turned the TV on, there was a comment from the Oz Ambassador about the escapee being an Oz . -- "Well there will always be one person that will just spoil it for the others wont there".  Spoil it for the others, McMillan said that he was so incensed that he wanted to phone the embassy and tell him what a F--KWit he was. But his friends worried about the call being tracked so wouldn't let him.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think, it's pretty normal to have delays in the appointment of new ambassadors anytime there's a change of U.S. presidential administration. Because, those positions have to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate, along with all the higher level positions such as Cabinet members and such that would get higher priority.

Apparently Trump fired all the ambassadors before leaving WH. Seems to be part of a non-transition strategy

On 6/12/2021 at 3:55 AM, Victornoir said:

The shepherd's response to the shepherdess, as we say in France.

You don't take charge of our compatriots, well, it's your free choice. But then we will vaccinate them without you, and too bad for the general stigma that will fell on you.

Thank you to these decidedly well-inspired embassies to follow the Chinese by protecting your nationals and stop suffering the incessant U-turns of the current Thai authorities.

Speaking as an American citizen, the Chinese, French and Belgians certainly made the idiots at the American Embassy look stupid. Which honestly doesn't take much!!! America is more interested in trying to buy loyalty (with $30 million to fight Covid-19) from Thailand over China when it comes to the South China Sea dispute. How well do you think that's going to play out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 2:19 PM, placnx said:

Apparently Trump fired all the ambassadors before leaving WH. Seems to be part of a non-transition strategy

I doubt that. Why would he antagonize people he appointed? 

Rather, it's customary for a new administration to ask political appointees to resign.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I doubt that. Why would he antagonize people he appointed? 

Rather, it's customary for a new administration to ask political appointees to resign.

Sorry I did not post a link, but it did say ALL ambassadors. Many are career people. If you have the time, please check what happened in Africa and South America.