Neighbor takes over land that does not belong to him . What to do ?

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Or is there a little pain in the behind because you wanted to buy it and couldn't and now someone else is just taking it

No , I am not hungry anymore .

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

or is your own million rai not enough ? 

I do not have a million rai .

I learned that time is precious . If someone owns too much , he has to spend too much of his time for looking after ...

In the end the one who has time is richer ... time is a limited good . Just a few yrs left that I want to spend in peace and do something good for nature . I was poor , then I became rich for a while , but when I was poor , I was more happy in life ... but that was , may be , because I was a lot younger ?

On 6/12/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bundooman said:

You are absolutely right.

You are, by choice (and by your own definition), "a Second class citizen in a third world corrupt country ..."

You seem to be forgetting that.

Others are giving you advice, but you don't appear to like that advice.

They are right. It is none of your concern, as long as it doesn't affect you or your family, or your property.

It's the same in any country. Particularly '1st world countries'.

my first property here had no fence.    each succeeding property the fence got erected quicker.......... and more substantial.      that be the way it is  ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

my first property here had no fence.    each succeeding property the fence got erected quicker.......... and more substantial.      that be the way it is  ????

The good old times ... are gone by now , it seems ...

Today it is only money that counts ... sad .

Just now, nobodysfriend said:

The good old times ... are gone by now , it seems ...

Today it is only money that counts ... sad .

Start building that wall .    ????         

On 6/12/2021 at 2:59 AM, nobodysfriend said:

I was just used to cross this land for 5 yrs already , until a  ' thief ' tells me that she does not want me to do this anymore .

To have legal right of way in Thailand, you need to have been using the way over the land in question for 10 years, and furthermore claim your right of way. Any disturbance in using the way resets the 10-year period, according to my lawyer, who himself has a problem with claiming "right of way" over private land to his property, so he probably knows quite well what he's talking about.

If you continue to cross land that is not yours, or you don't have any legal right of way to cross, you can be accused for trespassing.

• Like 1

Just now, nobodysfriend said:

Still too busy to break down the walls in my mind ...

i know how you feel.   I have a small property recently bought that I am having to bite my tongue .....about the delays in getting " permission"  from the tessabahn.    

Too old to go complain........ just waiting it out and letting the GF take care of it .  I used to do all this stuff myself,  but don't have the same testosterone anymore.   

Plus,   it just is not as important as in the old days.   try to relax    55

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

i know how you feel.   I have a small property recently bought that I am having to bite my tongue .....about the delays in getting " permission"  from the tessabahn.    

Too old to go complain........ just waiting it out and letting the GF take care of it .  I used to do all this stuff myself,  but don't have the same testosterone anymore.   

Plus,   it just is not as important as in the old days.   try to relax    55

Thanks , I'll do my best ...

enjoy every day .

But do not let them do with you what they want .

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Afaik , the owner won't be able to sign any documents as he is dead . Have to double check ...

So you would just need to check his next of kin, if you can locate them. They may not even be aware that they have inherited any land (unlikely but possible).

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, 4MyEgo said:

My wife has a few land plots around the village, she has aloud the guy who built our place and who still does work for us when we can get our hands on him as he is always busy with work, to build a makeshift place on her land so that he has somewhere to park himself, i.e. after his wife through him out of her house, so not unusual to see someone else on someone else's land. 

My wife has gotten village talk back asking how much she sold the land to him for, asked why, oh because he said he bought it from you, with her reply being, he got it at a good price and left it at that. I suppose he doesn't want to lose face or something like that, even grows rice on it during the season as my wife does nothing with it.

Now before anyone jumps to conclusions, no he is not my wife's ex....lol, he is the wife's sister's boyfriend or friend with benefits as he sleeps at her place at night a couple of ploys up from my wife's land.

So as I said, not unusual to see someone else on someone land, also her parents lease out their rice fields to the neighbour as they are too old to do the rice themselves.  

You should have your wife charge him token rent if you anticipate he will be around for a number of years. Say a sack of rice a year. That way he cannot turn around and claim the land as his after 10 years. Draw up a very basic rental contract. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

In this story we only have one version. Maybe the dogs poop or their aggressive barking is an annoyance to others.

They normally poop already in the 12 rai plot that is ours and borders the land I trespass ...

You want to have the version of the dogs ?

Well  they are used to go there , someone suddenly turns up and is angry ... they just ignore him and continue ... only the Rottweiler is ' suspicious ' and watches closely . 

On 6/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, nobodysfriend said:

that I pass with my dogs

you mean trespass?    If so, this is irony.   You are mad someone's trespassing as you trespass.  lol.  dogs?  dogs in Thailand are suspect, she has a right to be afraid.  

actually, it's your life.......you will lose no matter what, and you know that.   you already know they don't like you, and that's too bad.  they don't like your dogs, which is also too bad.  you don't feel welcome, which isn't a good feeling.   

the question is......do you really want to make it worse?  to the point of no return?   to the point of you moving as you leave your house behind.

this is not a war to fight........to me.   to you, ah..... up to you

On 6/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, nobodysfriend said:

was just used to cross this land for 5 yrs already , until a  ' thief ' tells me that she does not want me to do this anymore .

How do you know that she hasn't bought it in the five years since you tried to buy it?  Perhaps she's not a thief.

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

No , I am not hungry anymore .

I do not have a million rai .

I learned that time is precious . If someone owns too much , he has to spend too much of his time for looking after ...

In the end the one who has time is richer ... time is a limited good . Just a few yrs left that I want to spend in peace and do something good for nature . I was poor , then I became rich for a while , but when I was poor , I was more happy in life ... but that was , may be , because I was a lot younger ?

And yet you worry about other mans property and people using or abusing it . Enjoy your life and don't try to worry about it . If it's not the persons land just keep crossing it to walk your dog and enjoy that time .

On 6/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Afaik , the owner won't be able to sign any documents as he is dead . Have to double check ...

It, obviously, belongs to someone, or some agency, who can sign.  Land doesn't just suddenly not have an owner even if the last owner is deceased.  If there are no next of kin the land becomes the property of the state.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, KarenBravo said:

........and if you do hire a lawyer, make sure that they are not local. Collusion between lawyers and defendants is rife. Also, if they hire a local lawyer, the two lawyers will know each other and make sure they both make money and that will be yours.

Hire a lawyer from Bangkok.

same **** they pull in the west..

On 6/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, nobodysfriend said:

I will go and check the legal title with the local land office , but I know already that is is not the one who takes it now , who is registered as the owner .

What else can I do ?

Tread lightly , as others have said this neighbor might be trying to develop " Squatter Rights "  I am not exactly of the laws concerning that in Thailand , but one thing for sure is that if it is possible, she will have to prove sole  possession for a certain length of time.  And you challenging her right to be there, endangers her claim, combine that with her connection to the local land office and  possibly other local government officials, and you can find your self in a world of trouble. 

Find another place to walk you dog, and mind your own business. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:50 AM, tonray said:

Agreed...but if you want to stay safe in Thailand....you should steer clear of getting involved in Thai property squabbles....advice that will prevent next year's post "I am not safe on my own land and worry I'll be killed while I sleep"

Yes of course, quite right.

But this phrase here always comes back to haunt me...:

"The sin of doing nothing is the deadliest of all the seven sins. It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"The sin of doing nothing is the deadliest of all the seven sins. It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing.”

It's not a case of someone abusing a child or an animal...it's a 'possible' case of someone squatting on another's land. Huge difference in getting involved here and ruining your own existence for nothing. You're not saving anybody...just screwing yourself

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Thanks , I'll do my best ...

enjoy every day .

But do not let them do with you what they want .

It took me a while........ but i figured out that the less I said the better.    Just let someone know once what i think is right,  then practice quiet resolve.    If one is not a pushover others can sense it.     But barking too loud and aggressively only gets negative results .

If need be,  I just turn on a Rambo movie and pretend its me walking into the village.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

WOW....   now i know who that man is !   Good work Andre .

Tiananmen's tank man: The image that China forgot - BBC News

Now,  your next mission,  if you choose to accept it ,  is .............................

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1