State broadcaster strikes last minute deal to show EURO 2020 games in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

For those who have Truevisions matches are being shown on CH 2 Thai commentary. I watched Wales last night live at 8pm Thai time.

Why pay outrageous prices that true charge get a vpn for $5 per month and  live streaming watched the Wales game last night on BBC iPlayer 

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Why pay outrageous prices that true charge get a vpn for $5 per month and  live streaming watched the Wales game last night on BBC iPlayer 

Because True happens to show many other programmes that I also want to watch.  My money, so I guess I can waste it as I want.  Also, cable is much more reliable than streaming. I know, because I stream many programmes every day and even though I have very fast internet, a VPN and use IPTV, I still prefer to watch via cable if the option is there.  

6 minutes ago, mikosan said:

No, there was no English Language option.

Oh. seems to be conflicting reports here now. Let's just wait until 7.55 tonight. I may even watch it on Thai anyway. 

Did anyone have the 'pleasure' of listening to Robbie Savage yesterday on the Wales game?

2 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Because True happens to show many other programmes that I also want to watch.  My money, so I guess I can waste it as I want.  Also, cable is much more reliable than streaming. I know, because I stream many programmes every day and even though I have very fast internet, a VPN and use IPTV, I still prefer to watch via cable if the option is there.  

Yep, cable or normal tv, call it what you will, will always trump everything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

All you need is a vpn and tune into the U.K. channels it’s that simple

But of course, silly of not to think of this obvious solution.  Oh and thanks for the in-depth guidelines. 

2 hours ago, Nobbie49 said:

But of course, silly of not to think of this obvious solution.  Oh and thanks for the in-depth guidelines. 

I use Nord:   https://nordvpn.com/

Sign up for around 100 baht per month, easy to use.  You just choose which country to want to be in from a drop down menu and - voila - that's where you are.  I use mine mainly for watching UK TV but it also has its other uses.  ???? 

On 6/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, crazykopite said:

All you need is a vpn and tune into the U.K. channels it’s that simple

It's not quite that simple though is it? I have a VPN tuned to the UK, and the BBC iplayer asked me for my TV licence number, which I obviously don't have.

2 minutes ago, thaigrifter said:

It's not quite that simple though is it? I have a VPN tuned to the UK, and the BBC iplayer asked me for my TV licence number, which I obviously don't have.

No it doesn't.   It asks if you have a TV license, you click yes.  It never asks you for a TV license number.

19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

No it doesn't.   It asks if you have a TV license, you click yes.  It never asks you for a TV license number.

Sorry, my mistake. I just tried it again and it works fine. Thanks for the info, I didn't know you could use iplayer from here.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, josephbloggs said:

I use Nord:   https://nordvpn.com/

Sign up for around 100 baht per month, easy to use.  You just choose which country to want to be in from a drop down menu and - voila - that's where you are.  I use mine mainly for watching UK TV but it also has its other uses.  ???? 

Tried that about 2 years ago.  Works fine until it doesn't.  They even refunded me.

On 6/13/2021 at 1:06 PM, Johnny Mac said:

Oh. seems to be conflicting reports here now. Let's just wait until 7.55 tonight. I may even watch it on Thai anyway. 

Did anyone have the 'pleasure' of listening to Robbie Savage yesterday on the Wales game?

My answer to the original post was given after watching the first match of the tournament, on which there was no English commentary. Subsequently, there has been a bilingual option with English as a choice and I am very grateful for that. 

On 6/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, mikebell said:

I need a translation when I am watching Newcastle.  I was at Old Trafford in the fifties when fans of both teams mingled.  I stood next to a Geordie who kept shouting a phrase which I thought was English but couldn't be sure.  Eventually I asked him what it meant; 'Gi oop the field yu tatta.'

Take my word for it, that DEFINITELY wasn't a Geordie

15 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Take my word for it, that DEFINITELY wasn't a Geordie

Yet he was wearing a black & white scarf & seemed most agitated when Newcastle attacked?  Maybe he was a MID - Macken-in-disguise?