State broadcaster strikes last minute deal to show EURO 2020 games in Thailand

webfact

web.jpg

File photo

Thailand’s state broadcaster has agreed an eleventh hour deal to stream UEFA Euro 2020 matches.

The deal was confirmed late on Friday, just hours before the start of the first game between Turkey and Italy. 

The games will be broadcast by NBT2HD and streamed on YouTube.

It had been thought that football fans in Thailand would miss out on coverage of the tournament after broadcasters had failed to purchase the rights as late Wednesday (June 9).

But on Friday, spokesperson for the Prime Minister’s office Anucha Nakasai confirmed that NBT would be streaming the games live. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-12

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Bread and Circuses.

The populace, as were those who run the gambling operations, was quite upset. Social media was ablaze with criticism. 

The "government" is teetering a bit, so they had to fund this.

No; The Czar got nagged by his Family because some of them wanted to see it, so done deal !

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Did someone see a match on NBT2HD last night?

Did it work?

Yes I did. Worked great, no problems, except the commentary was only in Thai, the dual language didn't work. Hopefully they will do both languages in the rest of the games. Well done to whoever set this up.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Yes I did. Worked great, no problems, except the commentary was only in Thai, the dual language didn't work. Hopefully they will do both languages in the rest of the games. Well done to whoever set this up.

Can't find NBTHD2 on my tv. Please help.

8 minutes ago, 2long said:

The NBT YouTube channel has no Wales game. 

Kick off was 10 minutes ago.
Anyone have any ideas or a link?

Watching it on NBT right now ie 8pm. Not sure if live or recorded.

16 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

If you need commentary on a football match you don't know what you're watching. Maybe watch Thai soaps instead?????????

I need a translation when I am watching Newcastle.  I was at Old Trafford in the fifties when fans of both teams mingled.  I stood next to a Geordie who kept shouting a phrase which I thought was English but couldn't be sure.  Eventually I asked him what it meant; 'Gi oop the field yu tatta.'

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2021 at 8:49 AM, mtls2005 said:

If you can't figure out what's happening on the pitch by now, maybe watch darts.

Sometimes you need someone to explain why VAR is chalking off a goal or waving away a penalty.  Sometimes the views of ex-players like Gary Neville are interesting in their own right?

18 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

This was all staged. Same thing happened with the last world cup. Prayut steps in to save the day... yawn.

Yeah of course it was!  All the private companies were told to just pretend they were in talks, then they were all told to not agree their own deals.  Oh, and the 300 million baht rights were paid for by a private individual, not the government, so that was all staged too - the poor guy that had to fork that out just because Prayut told him to to make him look good. 

We sure are lucky to have internet detectives like you looking out for us and showing us what's really going on!!

Edited by josephbloggs