Widow thinks husband’s death may be linked to AZ vaccine

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, if my spouse was younger, healthy, fit, had annual check ups and had no history of any illnesses, then had the vaccination, and then died, other than by easily identified causes (motorcycle accident, for example) within a few days, I think most of us would suspect at least a potential linkage. Not really irresponsible on the part of the wife.

It's up to the authorities to investigate, and make a proper determination to the cause of death. 

I think there needs to be more screening on who should get the vaccine.

No argument with anything you are saying. If my seemingly healthy partner passed away after receiving the vaccine, I would think the same.,

But just because I think it, it does not make it a reportable event, especially if such thought can cause fear in the public. They should wait until there is some evidence supporting the thought ,and then they should report it. Reporting conjecture in this instance is irresponsible IMO

• Like 1

18 countries have now joined the ban of AZ.  Also The 46 year old women that died last week and now this guy this week both died from heart attacks . Was this batch of AZ made here in Thailand? Or somewhere else. The complaint about AZ from other countries was blood clots. Not Heart attacks

48 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think you're saying that this chap would have died when he did even if he did not get the vaccine? Is that your diagnosis?

"Claimed"

Need a bit more than a patrician dismissal.

If everything is straightforward then get out in front of it with open, honest, transparent communications and facts.

For example, having the CCSA spokesman dismiss 12 of 27 deaths as "coinicindental" is lazy, IMO.

And maybe people should be screened for HCM before getting the vaccine?

Why?

50 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And maybe people should be screened for HCM before getting the vaccine?

You mean giving everyone an echocardiogram before being vaccinated. How many years do you think that would add on to getting Thailand to 70% of the population vaccinated?

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Why?

You mean giving everyone an echocardiogram before being vaccinated. How many years do you think that would add on to getting Thailand to 70% of the population vaccinated?

Irrelevant as they will never reach that target anyway under the current regime

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, club said:

18 countries have now joined the ban of AZ.  Also The 46 year old women that died last week and now this guy this week both died from heart attacks . Was this batch of AZ made here in Thailand? Or somewhere else. The complaint about AZ from other countries was blood clots. Not Heart attacks

Heart attack is caused by restricted blood flow to the heart due to plaque (cholesterol) or vaccine induced blood clots so it is related.

If blood clot happen in the brain, it cause stroke.

If the blood clot happen in legs or hands, it is less severe.

Edited by EricTh

45 minutes ago, wprime said:

Although the vaccine can't cause HCM, it can cause increased blood viscosity which could kill someone who has HCM.

If he died directly from HCM he would have had progressively worsening shortness of breath for months/years.

You sure about that? The Mayo Clinic definitely disagrees with you.

"Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy often goes undiagnosed because many people with the disease have few, if any, symptoms and can lead normal lives with no significant problems. However, in a small number of people with HCM, the thickened heart muscle can cause shortness of breath, chest pain or problems in the heart's electrical system, resulting in life-threatening abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or sudden death."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypertrophic-cardiomyopathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20350198

Edited by placeholder

34 minutes ago, connda said:

This will be the routine:

Person gets AZ shot.
Person shortly thereafter dies.
Doctors say, "No correlation, the vaccine is 100% safe"
Family only sees the logical progression A --> Then --> B
Family reads about AZ problems globally
Doctors double down and say vaccine is 100% safe
Friends, family, and aquaintences of the decease don't want shots

More nonsense. What doctors say the vaccine is 100% safe? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I think you're saying that this chap would have died when he did even if he did not get the vaccine? Is that your diagnosis?

No.  That is the doctor's diagnosis.  Didn't you read that in the OP?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Is there any other kind these days?  Agree completely that such stories greatly complicate the vaccine process assuming there is actually vaccine available.  Wife is Thai over 80 w/conditions and was due shot on 15th but now told, yesterday, postponed until further notice due no vaccine.  

Could very well be due to no/insufficient vaccine. 

Last night the wife and I got notices via our western Bangkok private hospital LINE app that appointments made via the government's Mor Prom (Doctors Ready) app for 14-18 June (Mon-Fri) are cancelled due to not enough vaccine for the hospital.   That is, the hospital is not receiving enough jabs from the govt to satisfy appts made thru the Doctors Ready app.  They did provide jabs all of the past week, but I guess for the upcoming week the vaccine well went dry.

This does not affect the wife and I as we are scheduled for late June,  but it's just another example of a shortage of vaccine most likely due to the govt redistributing vaccine/pulling vaccine allotments from some hospitals to be used somewhere else,  just not enough vaccine to meet current jab commitments.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, wprime said:

Although the vaccine can't cause HCM, it can cause increased blood viscosity which could kill someone who has HCM.

If he died directly from HCM he would have had progressively worsening shortness of breath for months/years.

The family is stating that he was healthy before. That makes a credible case for the vaccine being a contributing factor in his death.

"The family is stating that he was healthy before."

Well clearly the family is wrong.

He did not develop hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in 4 days.

Just now, cdemundo said:

"The family is stating that he was healthy before."

Well clearly the family is wrong.

He did not develop hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in 4 days.

The family aren't doctors, they can only comment on their presentation. A person with HCM can feel completely fine - that's what they mean by healthy.

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that? The Mayo Clinic definitely disagrees with you.

"Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy often goes undiagnosed because many people with the disease have few, if any, symptoms and can lead normal lives with no significant problems. However, in a small number of people with HCM, the thickened heart muscle can cause shortness of breath, chest pain or problems in the heart's electrical system, resulting in life-threatening abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or sudden death."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypertrophic-cardiomyopathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20350198

Yes that's correct. I'm don't know what you're interpreting from that quote that disagrees with my comment.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I would think exactly the same .

I am not criticizing the wife for thinking what she is thinking, I am criticizing the reporters for reporting it.  

And I'm criticizing the media outlets/the reporters for their very poor reporting practices, no reporting/journalistic professionalism whatever.

Many time for well over 30 years I've seen many very critical comments aimed at the English and Thai newspapers for their very very poor reporting practices; they never ask for clarification of the media handouts they receive, even when they car see obvious ambiguity/possible ambiguity in the handout, even errors in that numbers quoted in paragraph 1 are different to the numbers in paragraph 2.

They just go right ahead and publish the handout word for word.

Total rubbish unprofessional reporting.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Heart attack is caused by restricted blood flow to the heart due to plaque (cholesterol) or vaccine induced blood clots so it is related.

VITT aside, blood clots are much more common in covid patients than those receciving a vaccine. Roll the dice and take your chances. 

8 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

But he is not one of those.

He died.

That's a circular argument. A perfectly healthy appearing person with HCM can die suddenly from increases in blood viscosity. The fact that he died is not evidence that he was symptomatic beforehand.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

When there is severe blood clot in the system, the heart works harder to pump blood, causing rupture or heart muscle thickening to compensate for loss of blood to the heart.

Blood clot is confirmed to be one of the side-effects of AZ, see my link below.

Stop posting misleading information.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-thrombocytopenia-the-rare-blood-condition-possibly-linked-to-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-158522

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, wprime said:

Yes that's correct. I'm don't know what you're interpreting from that quote that disagrees with my comment.

Here's what you wrote:

"If he died directly from HCM he would have had progressively worsening shortness of breath for months/years."

Here's what the mayo clinic says:

You don't see any contradiction there? You claimed that he would have had those symptoms. The Maya Clinic says that occurs in a minority of cases.

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

If a large percentage of the populations vaccinated, it is inevitable that some of them will die in the following days.

Agreed, now apply that same logic to "died within 28 days of testing positive" ????

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

Agreed, now apply that same logic to "died within 28 days of testing positive" ????

Sure not everyone who tests positive dies from covid. Just because covid is here does not mean that all other diseases,, and dangers will take a vacation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

How long have you been a doctor ?   We might want to wait until a complete Autopsy is done. Right Dr.

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Sure not everyone who tests positive dies from covid. Just because covid is here does not mean that all other diseases,, and dangers will take a vacation. 

thats some mental gymnastics
apply the same logic
if you test a large percentage of people
(especially when many being tested already have underlying conditions or are old)
it is inevitable that some will die after being tested

Edited by patman30