Six million doses of vaccine to be distributed across the country by July 2 – DDC

Jonathan Fairfield

Green-and-Orange-Photo-Musicians-YouTube-Thumbnail-Set-2-1.png

The Disease Control Department reassured the public today (Monday) that six million more doses of vaccines will be distributed across the country by this month, or July 2nd the latest, amid widespread jab appointment postponements due to insufficient allocations.

Disease Control Department Director-General Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong said that, for June, the first instalment one million doses of Sinovac and two million of AZ vaccines will have been received in Bangkok between June 7th aand 20th, with the first lot of 300,000 doses of AZ vaccine and 150,000 doses of Sinovac already distributed the Bangkok City Hall, 300,000 doses to the Office of Social Security for use in Bangkok and another 150,000 doses for 11 universities, also for use in Bangkok.

One million doses of both vaccines have been distributed to 76 provinces and another 100,000 doses distributed for inoculation of frontline officials, such as police and troops handling infected people, teachers and those in public transport service, he said.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/six-million-doses-of-vaccine-to-be-distributed-across-the-country-by-july-2-ddc/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

Even if the stated numbers in the article were delivered it's a drop in the ocean and will be used up prior to any new shipment and delivery arriving we all know tthis

5m Sinovac 1m AZ over next month more like it.

The real question is why can't the government get this off the ground?? The only possible answer I can think of is that there were never vaccines ordered and they're simply just scrambling hand to mouth trying to locate vaccines most likely at the good graces of AstraZeneca.

Who knows what's going on between the private hospitals and the government. At this point that just looks like the government getting directly in the way of the public health which is wholly ironic. Why this is probably occurring I won't say but it won't take a rocket scientist to figure that out either. $$

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Couldn't agree more .. a lot of these articles are only serving to perpetuate the confusion .. would be far better to keep quiet until the vaccines have been distributed and put into people's arms then start crowing about it ..

2022?

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Disease Control Department reassured the public today (Monday) that six million more doses of vaccines will be distributed across the country by this month, or July 2nd the latest, amid widespread jab appointment postponements due to insufficient allocations.

So nationwide that will last a couple of hours in the morning?

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

the first instalment one million doses of Sinovac and two million of AZ vaccines will have been received in Bangkok between June 7th aand 20th

"First installment"? 

"will have been received".

Sounds good on a quick read but it bears remembering that many of those vaccines will be used to give the second jab to those who got their first jabs in the initial rollout.  A lot of those jabs were with Sinovac, which requires the second jab to be done fairly quickly.  I got Sinovac yesterday and my second jab is July 5th.  Likely I will be taking one of those jabs 'distributed by July 2' rather than a new person being inoculated for the first time.  Subtract all the folks like me and the number of vaccines left for first jabs reduces quite a bit.  

There are 10 doses per vial, or as the government now dictates 12 per vial. That means there are 500,000 vials to be distributed nationwide. There are at least 776 community hospitals in Thailand so assuming an even distribution that equates to 644 vials per hospital or rather only sufficient for 7,728 people who can be vaccinated for 1 dose per hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospitals_in_Thailand#:~:text=As of 2018%2C there are a total of 776 community,are capable of secondary care.

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

There are 10 doses per vial, or as the government now dictates 12 per vial. That means there are 500,000 vials to be distributed nationwide. There are at least 776 community hospitals in Thailand so assuming an even distribution that equates to 644 vials per hospital or rather only sufficient for 7,728 people who can be vaccinated for 1 dose per hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospitals_in_Thailand#:~:text=As of 2018%2C there are a total of 776 community,are capable of secondary care.

The headline states that it's doses not vials coming in.  That's all taken into account.  

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

The headline states that it's doses not vials coming in.  That's all taken into account.  

Yes did I say otherwise ? I equated that to the number of vial deliveries per community hospital and reflected as to how many patients could be vaccinated. Not too difficult to understand was it ?

10 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes did I say otherwise ? I equated that to the number of vial deliveries per community hospital and reflected as to how many patients could be vaccinated. Not too difficult to understand was it ?

Oh my I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post.  Please forgive me.

• Haha 1