Are foreign residents panicking about the delay in vaccinations

jippytum

Panic isn't really the correct word, but living in retired expat haven Pattaya and really trying I have discovered there is no access to vaccinations to expats locally. There was some to some connected expats, in certain job categories, having had pink cards and managed to register via Mor Phrom that way. But overall, overwhelmingly ... NOT. Unlike some, I think people that are in high risk groups should seek vaccinations ASAP. That is the mainstream medical and scientific viewpoint especially considering the emergence of Delta variant. Sometimes mainstream happens to be correct. So at this point I feel there is an injustice going on.  So I feel angry, frustrated, and also more or less resigned to the high probability that this situation (at least locally) is not going to improve anytime soon. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

My timeline isn't a rush-job (like the vaccine). 
It rolled out about 6 months ago, so in another 4 1/2 years I'll look at the long-term longitudinal studies, epidemiological data, and the totals in the Covid adverse reaction databases and then make a decision whether or not I find the vaccine to be safe, effective, and of interest. That is if it's approved and licensed by the FDAs globally.  Until then I'm going to bide my time, wait, twiddle my thumb, write TV comments, and see if ADE pops up in the vaccinated classes, as well as watching the social media and MSM fight for the hearts, minds, and pocket-books of the human biological units who are going to make vaccine manufacturers exceedingly wealthy in the coming years  "Billions and billions", as Carl Sagan would have said.  Well, unless ADE surfaces and then all bets are off the table.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Where would any vaccine related topic be without hearing from anti-vaxxers? 

Anti-vaxxer: Definition, beliefs, risks, and more (medicalnewstoday.com)

Antivaxxer:  A pejorative used to keep discussion regarding vaccinations one-sided and to shut down all dialogue that fails to religiously support the status-quo and commonly accepted narratives.

• Sad 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, tonray said:

My only impetus for getting vaccinated quickly is for easier future travel. Otherwise I can take it or leave it.

Vaccine discrimination has begun, so even the vaccines available here may not make future travel easier:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/canadians-who-received-astrazeneca-vaccine-excluded-from-seeing-bruce-springsteen-as-broadway-opens-up-1.5475262

• Like 1

I am not troubled by the delay in foreigners getting vaccinated based on the fact that they are foreigners.

I am troubled by the potential implementation of restrictions on access to places or activities based on vaccination status that will affect me due to the the unwillingness of the government to vaccinate those not born in thailand.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:09 PM, Caldera said:

I think the utter chaos is a bigger issue than the delay itself. You're told to register somewhere, you do that, then you hear nothing and they close registrations (Vimut, CRA). A Mor Prom app that can only be used with Pink ID card. Then a government registration site that is first unusable, then found to be leaking data and shut down.

Yep, i registered with the Mor Prom app which has been sending daily updates but I'm not expecting to be vaccinated before October at earliest & when it happens it will be a private hospital administering it I'd imagine, at a cost. We're bottom of a big pile.

• Sad 2

Here in the magic kingdom, things often have a way of working out in a positive way despite what seems to be irresponsible and incompetent actions in the beginning.  I've witnessed countless examples of this, where at the last possible minute something happens that brings a smile to your face.  That's about the only thing that keeps me guardedly optimistic about the next few months.  I guess all we can really do is just wait and see.

• Like 2