Immigration Razzia In Nirun Village Today?

Phil Conners

Deputy Dawg,yet another recently joined moronic troll poster, the rainy season seems to bring your types out.Stick to your 80bht brekkie and 30bht Chang, then go sleep for the day,then you will be no trouble.

Edited by PanzerJohn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

common sense,

comparisons betwwen countries,

if say in england every thai or foreign neighborhood was raided with a vast number of immigration officers, just to weed out the odd overstayer or illegal immigrant would all you people that say what they are doing in pattaya would be acceptable in europe and the west.

i could prolly tell you that if the police started doing heavy handed checks their would be up roar umong the pc brigade.

and how much weight would ' if they've got nothing to hide, nothing to be worried about ' carry, i wonder.

surely the odd random checks would be easier and just as fruitfull.

and furthermore why arn't the police cracking down more on the beach road incidents as heavy as the immigration.

doesn't make sense to me

There are many good questions here. The Volunteer Farang Tourist Police would be able to answer these questions but they don't want you to know their level of involvment with this incident.They also don't want you to know who they are.That's why the questions are not being answered here on TV.If you are a VTP or have an association with these people you won't have any visa problems, or civil rights concerns.

I asked my friend about the farangs in uniform. They were not tourist police volunteers - or at least they were wearing Immigration uniform jackets. In his words it was "two scary looking guys, one with pirate-style ear rings in both ears, speaking English with a thick Eastern-European accent, but unable to pinpoint where they might have been from." I suggested they might have been Indian-Thai's but he insisted they did not look like Indians.

Deputy Dawg,yet another recently joined moronic troll poster, the rainy season seems to bring your types out.Stick to your 80bht brekkie and 30bht Chang, then go sleep for the day,then you will be no trouble.

You sure you are talking about me or have you been on the Singha again Panzy?

There are many good questions here. The Volunteer Farang Tourist Police would be able to answer these questions but they don't want you to know their level of involvment with this incident.They also don't want you to know who they are.That's why the questions are not being answered here on TV.If you are a VTP or have an association with these people you won't have any visa problems, or civil rights concerns.

I asked my friend about the farangs in uniform. They were not tourist police volunteers - or at least they were wearing Immigration uniform jackets. In his words it was "two scary looking guys, one with pirate-style ear rings in both ears, speaking English with a thick Eastern-European accent, but unable to pinpoint where they might have been from." I suggested they might have been Indian-Thai's but he insisted they did not look like Indians.

Maybe russian debt collectors.... :o

They work for anyone who needs protection and pays well.

I have seen ol Goldeneer the pirate and his buddy takling with the VTP before.They share information but they don't hang around together.Your friend is right, they are indeed a gruesome twosome.

I think it's good that the authorities are finally taking some positive action, even if they only got one guy that was on an overstay, he was on overstay therefore Illegal, and if that guy had run your kid down on his motorcycle and cos he is penniless you had to foot the hospital bills yourself...............

You all would be crying out that Immigration should do spot checks and root out these people.

I say bring it on, I would also welcome means testing at the Airport on Arrival, not enough money, out you go, same goes for extensions to visas, I would welcome a proof of finances before any extension was given, even on a 30 day entry stamp.

I would like to see all Bars checked and checked again till the so called Farang managers(pimps) were driven out of town, massive fines, deportation etc should be imposed for the slightest infraction.

Farangs that drink and drive should be deported permanently immediately after serving 6 months in jail, and checkpoints should be set up in Pattaya checking all for drinking and driving.

Farang criminals out of Pattaya NOW!!!!! :o

Edited by Maigo6

As another poster said - most likely Russians. The current government (Russian) is looking for friends in useful places - and Thailand is useful to help contain the Chinese threat to Eastern Asia (including Eastern Russia). China influences both Burma and Laos, so someone has to prop up Thailand.

Putin and the oligarchs need places to launder their money. Thailand fits the bill.

The Russian Mafiya need to open new markets (both for drugs and sex) plus more money laundering. Thailand fits the bill.

No concern about civil rights in Russia. None here. Thailand once again fits the bill.

I think it's good that the authorities are finally taking some positive action, even if they only got one guy that was on an overstay, he was on overstay therefore Illegal, and if that guy had run your kid down on his motorcycle and cos he is penniless you had to foot the hospital bills yourself...............

You all would be crying out that Immigration should do spot checks and root out these people.

I say bring it on, I would also welcome means testing at the Airport on Arrival, not enough money, out you go, same goes for extensions to visas, I would welcome a proof of finances before any extension was given, even on a 30 day entry stamp.

I would like to see all Bars checked and checked again till the so called Farang managers(pimps) were driven out of town, massive fines, deportation etc should be imposed for the slightest infraction.

Farangs that drink and drive should be deported permanently immediately after serving 6 months in jail, and checkpoints should be set up in Pattaya checking all for drinking and driving.

:D :D :D

get a grip... let the authorities know when you are returning to Thailand and perhaps they can mop and wax the airport runway just for your arrival....

Anyone know what's going on? I have been told by a first hand observer that Immigration came in large numbers (40-50 Thai officers + a handful farangs in Immigration uniform) went door-to-door through the thousand rooms checking visas for all farangs found. Anyone wanting to leave the area was checked by Immigration at the exit. Anyone found without passport and valid visa was taken to IDC. Have been trying to find any news about it but so far it's all quiet.

Anyone know what's going on? Are the authorities trying to kill what little tourist interest there still are?

This Thread Needs To Be Moved To A Bigger Forum For Wider Dissemination...

This is bigger news item I believe... I've not heard of any of these raids previously and I'm sorry that Pattaya Fox or someone else with prior knowledge of similar occurrences hadn't had a thread on it earlier.

This is something people should be told of and made aware of that can happen. Indeed, people don't always have the papers on them. Can you explain more about the title's name? Where is Nirun Village. Is it an apartment building or hotel? What constitutes a typical resident there?

Regarding the high number, to me, involving 50 Police Officers and "farangs"? Were they the Volunteer Farang Tourist Police? Were the Police from Imm. or City?

As to the philosophy of the situation, I'd side with the OP. There's an untold number of civil rights concerns, among them are probable cause... or the obvious lack thereof. Another one being this is, after all, Thailand and any assorted number of things at any assorted time and place can sour, even when it's not justified.

Going to IDC? What happens to those without a passport on them? Detention until the passport is presented in person? Fined? What are the numbers of foreigners that were taken there in this operation (great photo, btw buriamboy :o ) How many still remain for whatever reason?

first they came for the Jews...
Strong words... but ok, I'll buy into that. This is a strong situation... and it's fair-dinkum that strong words are used in the response to it.

I liked the response of the distinguished former Governor of New Mexico Jingthing saying don't answer the door. :D That's actually a very good point. What would they do? How far would they take it? What would Richardson the man himself do in this situation?

The VTP have to queue up get their Visa extensions just like anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

most tourists that come to thailand wouldnt be able to pay for hospital bills etc in that circumstance. not all farangs have money.

why would we?

great idea, and then watch the thai econemy plunder in a couple of months. rice only goes so far.

so farangs are pimps and thai bar owners are? oh sorry, thai rak thai

yes agree, too many lads drinking and driving. love to know the figures though for farang arrests and thai DD arrests

YAWN

yes agree, too many lads drinking and driving. love to know the figures though for farang arrests and thai DD arrests

You appear to support the Farang criminal element in Pattaya, I can only shudder to think why..........

And don't talk about the Farang arrests and the Thai arrests for drink driving!!!

Farangs will pay their way out in the majority of cases, and in the majority of cases, the Thais cannot afford that luxury.

You will obviously disagree with me, and that will only cement the feeling I have that you have very little experience of living in Thailand, and even less of living in Pattaya, unless of course you have lived a very sheltered life.!!!!!!

Good Day Sir!! :o

Edited by Maigo6

You appear to support the Farang criminal element in Pattaya, I can only shudder to think why..........

And don't talk about the Farang arrests and the Thai arrests for drink driving!!!

Farangs will pay their way out in the majority of cases, and in the majority of cases, the Thais cannot afford that luxury.

You will obviously disagree with me, and that will only cement the feeling I have that you have very little experience of living in Thailand, and even less of living in Pattaya, unless of course you have lived a very sheltered life.!!!!!!

Good Day Sir!! :o

i think you mis-understood my post somewhat, and i dont see where anywhere in my post it comes across as supporting the criminal element in pattaya.

i havent lived here that long. only four years. and have led anything but a sheltered life.

so how does that criminal element survive then? why do they not get arrested and deported asap for selling drugs, acting as pimps, either as bar-owners or with the russian girls?

because they pay! they pay the local police for protection. so on the one hand you dont want the "down and outs" who cant afford to pay for luxury and then on the other hand you dont want the "high class" farangs that can afford to pay their way out.

what do you want?

how about cracking down on a corrupt.....oh why bother

when the politicians and police finally start closing down the bars, and go-gos and actually start cleaning the place up (not only in pattaya) then we might start seeing different types of farang living here.

Well guys poor little Udon is getting it to as of last night. Yes they want the original passport not a copy. Those of us who have been here for any length of time have noticed the doom and gloom at the local immigration office . The slightest errror on the renewal application will cause a rejection, no slack cut at all.

They were working what we call farrang alley or little Pattaya twelve bars max I don't think walking street has much to worry about :o

These guys had folders with photos of farrangs wanted in thier various home countries.

They said they were going to get rid of what they considered undesireables, guess they meant it.

It seems to me the only options left are to leave the country, be ready to be arrested or carry your pasport. I too don't like carrying it for fear of it being lost. But I fear that a lot less then going to jail.

I won't comment on if it is right or wrong to me if you want to be here, it's the cost of doing business.

Like most things in Thailand it will pass eventually.

Well guys poor little Udon is getting it to as of last night. Yes they want the original passport not a copy. Those of us who have been here for any length of time have noticed the doom and gloom at the local immigration office . The slightest errror on the renewal application will cause a rejection, no slack cut at all.

They were working what we call farrang alley or little Pattaya twelve bars max I don't think walking street has much to worry about :o

These guys had folders with photos of farrangs wanted in thier various home countries.

They said they were going to get rid of what they considered undesireables, guess they meant it.

It seems to me the only options left are to leave the country, be ready to be arrested or carry your pasport. I too don't like carrying it for fear of it being lost. But I fear that a lot less then going to jail.

I won't comment on if it is right or wrong to me if you want to be here, it's the cost of doing business.

Like most things in Thailand it will pass eventually.

Well Ray had the undercover police round twice last week, first time to check my passport, my wife wasn't here she was in Phang Nga seeing her mother and the second time both my wife and I got piss tested for YaaBa and marijuana, found nothing. I have got a funny feeling they might be round again with a search warrant and miraculously "find" a package full of drugs. What do I do? Wait or just move somewhere else. I live in an Esaan village, I am the only falang, I have a 1 year non imm"O" extension and work overseas. I believe the police think I am dealing drugs because I have a house which is brick built and has four walls.