Anutin: Phuket Sandbox remains on course - three tests for already vaccinated foreign tourists - 14 days on island

webfact

9 hours ago, robertson468 said:

I don't understand why Tourists who have been vaccinated must first travel and stay in Phuket for 14 days.  To keep all the potential infected in one place?  Unless there is another ulterior motive?  Answers please on a postage stamp to the Prime Minister.

they want the tourist to stay 14 days in hotels in phuket

5star accommodation = bht 50,000   3 tests =  bht 10,000

people will wind up eating in the hotel+ drinks = bht 50,000

then they go home and be quarantine again in their home country

WHOH  WHAT A GREAT VACATION !!!!!!  55555555

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bolt said:

I’m sooo looking forward to this Sandbox

1.       I’ve never been to Phuket

2.       My wife has never been also, so she’ll fly in domestically from BKK

3.       I’ve completed 1 ASQ in Bangkok and it was tough going

4.       I’ve also completed 1 ALQ in Pattaya North road, that seemed tougher than the previous in Bangkok

5.       The idea of being allowed outside of your room is great, restaurants will be open, it won’t be full on High season but places are open, plenty of tea being served in pots

6.       I wonder how many posters on here have actually completed an ASQ-ALQ, if they have how would they compare the sandbox idea compred to ASQ-ALQ

7.       The 14 days is too long, but hey ho, some of my work colleagues won’t be home for 8-12 months, their so jealous of me going to Phuket.

If I understand the rules, the laws applies to all visitors domestically or internationally.

1. you must have an approve "WHO" vaccine

2. you must have the 2 dosages an not one.

3.you must buy 14 days in a 5 star hotel

4 you must be tested 3 times 

then you can back to Bangkok

they are not too many places yet opened in Phuket-  . SO  enjoy your trip to Phuket.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What a circus. I live in a Thai village, no foreigners to be seen. The locals are desperate. These are normal people who do normal work with daily expenses. It is a powder keg ready to......(fill in the gap).

My Thai wife tells me that people are scared of the vaccine, those that aren't can't get it, and they are now in a pay for it if you want it situation.

Prices allegedly from 1500 to 10,000 Bhat and 6 months between jabs. 

So if true it's becoming a corrupt, you pay you get situation. 

I remember trying to help an aids victim who was Thai and a hospital refusing him free medication and demanding money for the drugs which the aids foundation said were free to Thais. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

in the Philippines last  October,  100% of the foreigners being tested for the wuhan virus were tested as positive at the Red Cross in Subic which meant  immediate,as in right now, expensive quarantine.  Other testing sites  at the same time had lower positive rates. The local government looked into the 100% rate it but I don't know the result.  THAT corruption/incompetence   is the big  problem with  taking 3 tests in 14 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Beach vacation in Europe: Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Croatia is easier, cheaper and not so bureaucratic. Vaccinated ok, cured from c19 ok, or 1 PCR test, done

Yes , no European tourist will visit Thailand this summer unless they have to. Just forget it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Living in a dreamworld if they expect tourists in any numbers to come and put up with that.....

The tourism minister announced on Monday that 50% of foreigners had cancelled because of the ongoing restrictions, I expect that will increase further when others find out.

Edited by Andycoops
  • Haha 1

Yeah right.... 

People will flock to the ghost island with no restaurants and no nightlife, no tourist attractions and no tours open. 

And who will open all the bankrupt businesses there within 2 weeks?

Also... testing and quarantine on the island for 14 days. They think all tourists are happy to throw away their money into thin air and to already rich thai government pockets.

I don`t think so....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

The tourism minister announced on Monday that 50% of foreigners had cancelled because of the ongoing restrictions, I expect that will increase further when others find out.

I know of another 3 who cancelled yesterday, so thats 7 farang this week One of the worries which they can also see is not enough Thai's have been vaccinated 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

who will pay for those tests? and how much?

i mean, if it is forced on the visitors can they still choose where to buy it?

You will pay and I dont think you have a choice where to buy

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Gosh, it'll be great to see some foreigners!!! All seven of them...

Open the nightlife.. Open Bangla road.. Open the discos.. 

For a handful of arrivals. 

This is why there isnt a local push to open, because they know even if allowed the customer base isnt viable. I fear it wont be for a lot lot longer.. 22/23 high season ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I know of another 3 who cancelled yesterday, so thats 7 farang this week One of the worries which they can also see is not enough Thai's have been vaccinated 

Add in my 3 friends who were going to train Muay Thai for a month and have also canceled that's 10 that just a few of us know.  When all you have is a little time for your vacation you do not want to be hijacked into a hospital if you test positive after being vaccinated.  Cozumel, Mexico is where they are going instead and has Muay Thai facilities there with Thai trainers and others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest is in addition to the phone tracking app, you must also wear a GPS wristband and there are now facial recognition cameras installed all over

Welcome to 21st century Alcatraz

(Not allowed to quote source)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

That's where you're wrong. He will lose something very near and dear to him. It's called Face.

He will not loose face if he can leave quietly threu the back door by blaming someone else and then coming in the news and media less and less .

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Add in my 3 friends who were going to train Muay Thai for a month and have also canceled that's 10 that just a few of us know.  When all you have is a little time for your vacation you do not want to be hijacked into a hospital if you test positive after being vaccinated.  Cozumel, Mexico is where they are going instead and has Muay Thai facilities there with Thai trainers and others.

Then your 3 friends tell another 3 friends and another 3 friends not to come to Thailand, Thai's dont see it that way. word of mouth kind of thing

• Like 1