Anutin: Phuket Sandbox remains on course - three tests for already vaccinated foreign tourists - 14 days on island

webfact

I don't understand why Tourists who have been vaccinated must first travel and stay in Phuket for 14 days.  To keep all the potential infected in one place?  Unless there is another ulterior motive?  Answers please on a postage stamp to the Prime Minister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

3 tests >
who pays?   3,000 baht/test>>  dam

am sure the couple of hundred "tourists" will enjoy the island 

Yahoooooo No Bars or entertainment either .. Do I bury myself in the Sandbox or just sit … So many things to do “;0)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

The commitee also noted and agreed with changes in the law to allow fines for non-mask wearing in public to be 1,000 baht for the first offence, 1-10,000 baht for the second and from 10,000 but no more than 20,000 baht for the third. 

- fines for public who dont wear masks.

- what punishments for those who messed up the vaccination plan, landed the economy in this mess?

They win a free Coconut 5555

• Haha 1

You all have it wrong. The entertainment venues are open ????. Every single day there is nothing more entertaining than reading all the recycled crappe ????. Anutin should be awarded a Booker prize and film series, directed by Peter Jackson and filmed in............New Zealand ????

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

As a fully vaccinated traveler, I wouldn't care about the unvaccinated. Why would I?

Agree however what we are starting to see and tbh it has been the same message from the start, that being 'vaccinated' does not mean you are vaccinated at all. Tests will be always be needed it would seem.

Having spent an unusual amount of time in and out of hospital this past year in the UK, nothing to do with covid. I was very surprised at the lack of detail in the messaging and tbh what we are supposed to do.

Just as an example, no need to be vaccinated before surgery just had to produce a negative test, I even suggested waiting till i was vaccinated but assured it made no difference by the surgeon

Whilst i was waiting for surgery in hospital they were also doing covid testing for other patients in the same corridor where i was waiting. Even though i had to isolate prioir to surgery they actually mix the untested and tested together, literally less than 1 meter away.

When the message is this clear you know they are upto something. 3rd booster coming maybe 4th.

It was only 10 years ago that the WHO and pharmacutical companies were lambasted for colluding and mis guiding the public. Channel 4 did a feature its still on you tube, search Jon Snow 2010, swine flu scandal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They would need a negative test 72 hours before coming.

Once in Phuket they would be tested on the first day, then the 7th day then the 14th day. 

Sounds like 4 tests not 3 , but who's counting? Or who can't count? 

5 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

And you think maybe the dictators of the country give a fiddlers' ?

and as I have said many times in many posts, they could not care less about the ordinary people in Thailand

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Got to keep Covid out of Thailand, so Thais don't catch it............oh, wait a minute ????????????????????????

If they are prepared to allow their own people to die from the inefficiency of their attempts to rollout the vaccines , choosing not to purchase the available reliable brands or even allow private vaccinations unless purchased through them and only in October then what do you imagine they care about foreigners ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Oh dear with that sort of selfish attitude please stay away. !1) Although vaccinated you can still be a carrier and pass it on, think of the elderly and those with health problems, don't you care ? 2) There is insufficient date to suggest that whilst vaccinated against one variant, you can not catch a newer variant being carried by those unvaccinated you may come into contact with.  Still with no worries for you life must be very simple 

@Excel There is insufficient date to suggest that whilst vaccinated against one variant, you can not catch a newer variant.   so whats the solution then? and the end game?   

4 RT PCR tests in a period of 17 to 18 days is overkill.  Testing on arrival absent any symptoms might be wasteful.  According to the US CDC the median incubation period is 4 to 5 days.  A better way would be to test according to the following timetable:

1 72 hours before departure

2. Day  3, 4 or 5

3. Day 7, 8, or 9

Testing on Day 1 is meaningless because the traveler has already tested "not detected" 72 hours before departure.  Based upon my ASQ experience and what I have read so for rarely did any ASQ guest test positive on the second Covid 19 test.  A positive on the second ASQ test would mean Covid 19 protocols within the hotel have failed??  What would happen if a "Sandbox" guest tests positive on day 14?  Lockdown all of Phuket??  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

BP reported 29,000 cancelled last week.......not looking too good.

Best medicine for them ... but I have a sneaking suspicion ... more than... that this is what they really want to happen . They have their reasons ... too long winded to discuss... 

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Oh dear with that sort of selfish attitude please stay away. !1) Although vaccinated you can still be a carrier and pass it on, think of the elderly and those with health problems, don't you care ? 2) There is insufficient date to suggest that whilst vaccinated against one variant, you can not catch a newer variant being carried by those unvaccinated you may come into contact with.  Still with no worries for you life must be very simple 

The post I replied to specifically mentioned the unvaccinated in Phuket, as in travellers would be worried about coming into contact with those people. The implication being that they could get C19 from those people. If I'm vaccinated then this wouldn't bother me. It's the chance you take re travel home and a PCR test for travel.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

source ?

I suspect it is not as simple as you are making out and likely out of context 

Looks like 12 fully vaccinated people died till now from the Delta variant.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-57441677.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16237462008092&amp_ct=1623746207257&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=Von %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fhealth-57441677

Well we all KNOW DPM Anutin is a complete waste of space the organising ability of a chipmunk . Yet he still believes this twaddle  .Amazing Thailand is correct 100%. Only here will you find illogical and dis-organised thinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

For your info some 20 people have died in the U.K. even though they had been vaccinated twice due to the latest Indian Covid virus just because you’ve had two jabs your not immune to getting Covid the vaccine is there to help strengthen your immune system it’s not a vaccine to stop you from getting Covid 

I know all that, but it does significantly lower the chance of dying no? I think the UK data would support that. 

I could stay in my room and lower my chance of getting run over. 

Or I could get on with my life.

YMMV.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

and just to add 

The locals have freedom to travel where they want untested and unvaccinated and yet fully vaccinated foriegners are basically in quarantine - go figure 

Actually, local residents other than essential workers are restricted from entering Phuket. Assuming going in and out of Phuket is what you meant.

But the list of essential workers is very long. Lots of people do go in and out everyday, delivery drivers and such. But I can’t take a long weekend holiday in another province, because I can’t get back in without being vaccinated or having a test. Otherwise…..quarantine. 

28 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Whilst i was waiting for surgery in hospital they were also doing covid testing for other patients in the same corridor where i was waiting. Even though i had to isolate prioir to surgery they actually mix the untested and tested together, literally less than 1 meter away.

Socialized medicine, sorry - I was in the hospital 3 times in the States 2 elective one not, none cv-19 related and no untested patient or staff was within a floor of me. 

• Like 1