Anutin: Phuket Sandbox remains on course - three tests for already vaccinated foreign tourists - 14 days on island

webfact

1 hour ago, thailandheron said:

They start from about 800 baht a night. There maybe even cheaper ones than that.

Cheaper. I searched Agoda for whole Phuket as destination and the term SHA+ in the upper right search field.

Normal rooms (no dorms) start around 600 Baht. Mostly Patong, then Kata-Karon, Phuket town and eastside.

• Like 1

16 weeks from first to next injection.....

You will have about 25% protection after the first, for about 4-6 weeks. After that less.
After 12 weeks you have 0 protection.
When it has been 16 weeks from the first,  the second injection will work the same way.

You will still only be protectet as if you only had one shot.

Goodbye then, season 21/22 plus wouldn't I even dare to holding my breath for any subsequent Thailand tourism season until 2027, since the damage caused til now will echo painfully through the empty streets of Patong, Pattaya, Khao Lak, Samui and Bkk for years to come. Let's call it a lost century and initiate the government supported euthanasia programme right now, why wait?

• Confused 1

so 60% have been vaccinated, with one dose, the other 40% not yet, but even if they get this week, then the second vaccination would be around the 27th Sept (16 weeks after the first jab).

The start of the sandbox should conicide with the date of the last second jab for all the people in Phuket

9 hours ago, Agusts said:

Fine print at the end , 1000 baht fine for not wearing a mask first time, I can imagine certain folks in position of power rubbing their hands on nice little earner from say a farang family of 5 wondering the streets not aware of the fine....! Add that to your Covid test cost calculation.... ????

No, the real hand wringing will come from the "variable" 2nd and third fines.

What's the bet they are magically 10,000 and 20,000 and no tickets ?

But how would they know it wasn't your first offence ?

More BiB theft and bribery.

Which magazine in the UK, examined over 200 Travel with Covid Insurance policies,,, and only TWO policies actually covered the full treatment for Covid! Staggering.

How are the Sandbox authorities (Immigration at airport) going to be able to tell the difference? 

7 hours ago, carabaothai said:

COE before the flight

SHA+ hotels

Bars, entertainments closed

Masks all the day in public zone (beaches also?)

3 tests or more at 3000-4000 thb and one more to flight back 

covid insurance around 3000 or more depends of your country and how long you stay

Risk to be tested positive and stay 15 days in hospital

Maybe quarantine when you arrive back home country (since today Belgium has said that Thailand is a red country for Covid)

The best holidays you never had ????????????????

10 hours ago, zzzzz said:

3 tests >
who pays?   3,000 baht/test>>  dam

am sure the couple of hundred "tourists" will enjoy the island 

It's definitely a money grab, again.

It wouldn't be so bad but charging 6 times the amount for the test is disgusting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

And people from Bangkok can come with no vaccine and 1 week old test ? ????

So a vaccinated tourist with certificate and 4 tests has to remain 14 days on the island and people from Bangkok ?? ????????????

Can come and go if the pcr test is negative...how's that for sanity....

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Young children with them would have to be closely supervised. 

Dirty, snot-nosed little farang rug-rats.  Keep a close eye on those little ****s.
"Ai dek farang."

10 hours ago, Surelynot said:

BP reported 29,000 cancelled last week.......not looking too good.

I read that over 1/2 of the booking cancelled.

Of course 58,000 tourist were booked. 
????  <wink wink>
Of course 29,000 cancelled, but - another 29,000 are still coming!!!
???? <wink wink nod nod>

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

When a Thai national tries to leave the sandbox, via road or sea, how can anyone determine if he is a local Thai national or a Sandbox arrival ??

Ak.jpg.ae5e38452bbc6feed97900bf4814dc62.jpg

????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beano2274 said:

so 60% have been vaccinated, with one dose, the other 40% not yet, but even if they get this week, then the second vaccination would be around the 27th Sept (16 weeks after the first jab).

The start of the sandbox should conicide with the date of the last second jab for all the people in Phuket

They are careful to omit one small fact. The majority of the 60% are vaccinated with one dose of Sinovac on Phuket, myself included. This has very poor efficacy until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose, which can be spaced 3-4 weeks from the first.

The original target was 70% fully vaccinated. That's now impossible. Any ex-pat retirement visa holders here have no vaccination at all.

All smoke, mirrors and face saving over the health risks to people who live here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

take a really close look at this graphic. get out your red pencil. 

E35cRXvVIAAHUiW.jpg

A couple of thoughts on this.

Is "For tourism propose (sic) only" strictly implemented and if it is what does that mean. I'm guessing those of us who would use this route to return to our families would still be OK. We may be the most likely to be arriving.

Is the virus coming into the the country from overseas different from that in Thailand since the rules seem to be different. Maybe I'm missing something.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

out actually - fully vaccinated foreigners are restricted which was my point

Why ?

We may have been talking at. cross purposes. I thought you said that locals can roam about as they wish. My point was they can roam, but not entirely as they wish because they can’t come back into Phuket without vaccination or test.

anyway, nvm. No biggie

15 hours ago, carabaothai said:

COE before the flight

SHA+ hotels

Bars, entertainments closed

Masks all the day in public zone (beaches also?)

3 tests or more at 3000-4000 thb and one more to flight back 

covid insurance around 3000 or more depends of your country and how long you stay

Risk to be tested positive and stay 15 days in hospital

Maybe quarantine when you arrive back home country (since today Belgium has said that Thailand is a red country for Covid)

The best holidays you never had ????????????????

Beach vacation in Europe: Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Croatia is easier, cheaper and not so bureaucratic. Vaccinated ok, cured from c19 ok, or 1 PCR test, done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dialemco said:

This is just an alternative quarantine but very very expensive starting with the air fares which are extortionate but if you have the money better than being confined to hotel room in Bangkok.

Better to fly to Mexico, or Domenican Republic, etc

I assumed that this plan applied to  foreigners arriving by plane or boat.

the plan is the same as before 3 tests, and 14 day quarantine on the island.

versus  to 14 days quarantine in a room.

How does it apply to the farangs living in Thailand. they would not have the "WHO" approved vaccine yet ? are they still under the same rules of 14days quarantine?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, zzzzz said:

3 tests >
who pays?   3,000 baht/test>>  dam

am sure the couple of hundred "tourists" will enjoy the island 

As we are told, all visitors must buy a  14 days stay 5star hotel and 3 tests.

the only difference the door of the room will be opened.

would it be consider a vacation being forced paying Bht 60,000 for a room , plus insurance and tests , and be stuck in one area before seeing the country? 

july is summer peak season in Europe.. I wonder if it is fun to visit thailand in the summer?