Court nod paves way for makeover of Thai Airways' $12.9 billion debt

webfact

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Who in their right mind, no in any sort of mind is going to invest 50 billion in an airline which is bankrupt, owes 400 billion, and is still being run by essentially the same bunch of clowns who have got it into that situation?

I guess you've heard of the national government!

23 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Does that mean that they will finally start to pick up their phone, and pay back all the clients who has not received their refunds for cancelled flights in 2020??..??..??..

This should be moved to the 'Joke if the Day's thread......

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Excel said:

"A committee of five, including the airline's acting chief executive Chansin Treenuchagron and its former CEO, Piyasvasti Amranand, will administer the plan."

Well let's hope it's former CEO administers the plan better than he could run the airline when he was in charge of it.

In fairness to him,, the airline was profitable under his management but he 'left' the position. Creditors are probably happy that he has been brought back since it promises proper management. Time will tell.

23 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I got a full refund for our June 2019 tickets.

good job you were not with Lufthansa..ive been calling and mailing them since flights canceled at beginning of C19 don't answer...

Edited by Harveyboy
misspelt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

No mention of how the sale/auction of the THAI Airways B747, A380, A340 aircraft went? Did all those planes get sold and for how much? Or are they going to become coffee lounges? $4.5 Billion USD loss in 2020 makes up for 35%+ of the current total debt. At outset of bancruptcy it was slated at $10 Billion USD so numbers don't add up. How could they lose so much in 2020 if; no planes flying, little maintenance, fuel, lounges, airport fees etc.? Were they still paying crew, staff, managers and executives full pay? Now they ask for more money - another 50 Billion Baht ($1.6 Billion USD). A shame for Thai Airways. IMO lovely service but such a poorly managed "business". They made a big mistake not refunding paying customers for cancelled flights. Customer loyalty would be valuable to THAI in the future. Many will never fly them again because of that.

The prominent UK booking agent I use refuses to book anyone on any Thai Airways flights. I got a refund for my cancelled Thai Airways flight scheduled for April last year but it was the agent who refunded me not the airline

15 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

They are under bankrupcy protection so not much hope for you. Just boycot them in the future.

Boycott the Thai government as they own 48 percent of the shares . Thai baht investors beware