Foreign tourists will have to quarantine for the first three days in August's "Pattaya Move On" plan

webfact

You have to give them credit, they keep finding ways to make the circus more entertaining every day.

What gets me is the constant flip flip act and the fact they follow no science and not even an ounce of common sense.

I arrived back in country 17 days ago. I had my 2nd jab of Moderna on 5-May. They weren't even interested in the fact i had been vaccinated, still 14 days quarantine. Now all of the sudden come August you can't enter the country without a vaccine but if you have it and test negative only three days is required. There is nothing to back up that idea, just a noodle against the wall. Combine this with the fact that unvaccinated locals in far more dangerous areas are free to move around almost anywhere with impunity.

We had a few balcony to balcony chin wags across the court yard in quarantine and pretty much all were doing this to see their families again. In terms of Pattaya itself i can't see why officials see it as a special place. It's nothing scenic at all especially when compared to Phuket or Koh Samui. With the number of closures in place it leaves a lot to be desired. All they're getting is a few Thais coming down for the weekend to sit on the beach. With no booze allowed and not being allowed to hang out in groups i.e. family they're not even getting much of that.

Good thing i have popcorn for tonights follow up act LOL

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, Justgrazing said:

They're getting like a dog chasing its tail with this now ..

Folk will not fly 000's of kms to be treated like a battery hen .. they really are not absorbing this one are they .. factor in onerous conditions imposed on visitors on return to their home countries and it's not gonna happen .. the only thing achieved by continuing with these daft ideas is to underline how detached from reality they really are ..   

I wonder if you will get a free pumpkin when you get your covid test?

On 6/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, Spellforce said:

Even a 3 days quarantine is too much.
There are still people from BKK coming to pattaya, and you have 1000x more chance to catch the covid with that population rather than vaccinated + tested tourists.

@Spellforce its only a falang disease tho, so of course thais can come and go as they please, because they're immune as they're not westerners 

If foriegn tourists must qarantine, why do those form Covid-Red Bangkok and other provinces not?

Whether one flies from Chiang Mai or Chennai, if one has a negative test at the Thai Governments expense, then one should be free to immediately go anywhere in Thailand on arrival. 

They are backward, thick, self-destructive, and xenophobic beyond measure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

I wonder if you will get a free pumpkin when you get your covid test?

Sadly, there will be no pumpkin pie for many a peter pumpkin eater, as the country is completely pumpkinned until at least Thanksgiving 2025.

People will be going (for their) bananas until pumpkin is back on the menu.

I think the government are not going far enough with these disease carrying tourists, we need leg irons and a ball and chain. The bars should be equipped with stocks and the locals can throw bad fruit at us, to teach us a lesson.

Quarantine hotels must have bars fitted to all windows and steel doors of at least 1cm thick, the locals need maximum protection against this virus that kills Thais 10 seconds after coming anywhere near a tourist.

All tourist must wear at least 15 face masks and cover themselves from head to foot in anti-viral gel, applied every 5 minutes...you cannot be two careful with this farang strain of the Fauci-virus.

I have ordered my suit with arrows on it so they know I am a tourist.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, chalawaan said:

If foriegn tourists must qarantine, why do those form Covid-Red Bangkok and other provinces not?

I expect foreign tourists coming in from within Thailand, ie Bangkok, will not have to quarantine. Anyone coming in from out of the country will.... think new variants. 

It is all silly... Pattaya cannot protect itself like any of the Islands can. 

On 6/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jack Cook said:

I think the Thai powers that be need to face up to the fact that tourism is broken world wide and will be for a few years to come. Now some airlines are saying not to fly if you’ve had the jab, due to potential blood clot issues. Around and around in circles we go.
I haven’t seen my wife since I left Bangkok in Feb 2020 and am seriously thinking I might never see her again the way things are going. Its hard to be married via video only. ????????????????.

Can't you come back ?

• 4 weeks later...