Foreign tourists will have to quarantine for the first three days in August's "Pattaya Move On" plan

webfact

2 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

I bet they can't wait to sample the nightlife. Here's a taster of what they can look forward to.

Silent streets in Pattaya overnight, with the tourist city under a lockdown order to prevent the spread of Covid-19, after 144 new infections were reported there. (Photo: Chaiyot Pupattanapong)

looks bouncin ???? 

Edited by WineOh

39 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Why do you need to eat at the hotel or 7-11? There are plenty of restaurants that are still open.

I get this because after a few weeks of 'rice with everything' you can't beat a cheese, ham & egg toasties from 7/11 ????????????

39 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You wonder where they get the idea they will need 900,000 shots? Ok, 450,000 twice, but based on what? Their records are all up the creek, most rely on a 2010 census, most of Pattaya's Thai population is migrant, especially from Issan, and registered in their home towns, and nobody has much of a clue as to how many retiree expats, work permit holders, illegal workers etc etc there are. A shot in the dark if you ask me (geddit???).

Hark I hear a pistol shot a sharshtal pish a shistal shot my #%$^& I still ain't shot....

If it truly end up being only 3 days of quarantine I would consider it if only to get a real vaccine - leave Pattaya, fly home, get the jab (J&J) and return after a few weeks.  For an under 60 without any of the underlying medical conditions, our choices are few and far between.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Of course, only those who had had two vaccine doses would be allowed into the country at all. 

Smart requirement ! ????

... it would maybe a good idea, to check first the global vaccination rate of 20.8%

... and then check the national vaccination rates of their main customers (not at least the Scandinavians forming an important part of their longstayers)

They are reducing with this rule their potential customer base

by 50-60%

14 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

If it truly end up being only 3 days of quarantine I would consider it if only to get a real vaccine - leave Pattaya, fly home, get the jab (J&J) and return after a few weeks.  For an under 60 without any of the underlying medical conditions, our choices are few and far between.

There is always the choice of other countries

The question for Thailands tousism sector recovery (and all those (un-)registered businesses attached to)is not when they are open up, but rather if they're ahead of any other SEA holiday destination (plenty to choose).

Knowing Thailand, pretty sure they'll manage to <deleted> up that deadline as well. If so, that would make an impact for the rest of this decade.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

The numbers in time will tell, though I am pretty sure you can chalk this one up as a fail.

All the time non vaccinated people from more local areas with significant outbreaks can come and go as they please, where is the sense in insisting on such measures for vaccinated tourists?

Exactly at the weekends the great unwashed from Bangkok have been arriving  anyway so it is just another brain fart by those whose voice they think should be heard. Instead of hotels being quarantine centres they should be turned into to asylums for the entire Thai administration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dsj said:

Also do are they going to take away 900,000 dosages away from the rest of Thailand, where there is a shortage right now. How inconsiderate of them, especially since they still have over 2,300 new cases everyday.

The rest of Thailand was more than happy to take vaccines away from Pattaya, Phuket Samui Chang Mia and especially Bangkok to name but a few

• Like 1

'Pattaya: Move On'. 

When picking a slogan, why can't they simply ask someone to check what this really means in English?

It is the same as:

'Pattaya: Go Someplace Else'

'Pattaya: Move Away'

'Pattaya: Stay Home'

'Pattaya: Move On Elsewhere Until We Are Ready'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does anyone believe any of this ??????

Phuket Sandbox - Opening up the island for 7 days....  turned into 14 days, 3 Covid tests, can’t leave the area.

This is nothing more than the Chonburi Tourism board making announcements and attempting to influence the CCSA....

.... it is nothing more than hot air.

That said - Thailand could easily go to a 3 day ASQ nationwide on a two tiered entry system:

1) Vaccinated individual: Pre-Flight Covid-19 RT PCR test. 2-3 day ASQ, PCR test on arrival at ASQ. 

2) Unvaccinated individual: Pre-Flight Covid-19 RT PCR test. 10 day ASQ (2 PCR tests in quarantine).

You could start as an advisor to CCSA or TAT 555. Anyways they wouldn't listen to us pesky farangs...

What August they want to open? Year 2022?

They have mutilated the Phuket Sandbox model and made it so unattractive to genuine tourists that only previous ASQ guests will take advantage of this.

Yet they are proposing a Pattaya model. Three days locked in the hotel, and what then? Still 11 days quarantine in parts of Pattaya or Chonburi province?

No thanks, then I rather go to Phuket and enjoy the nice beaches there.

It just all seems a bit cart before the horse to me. All these schemes springing up to open here and there, but no cohesive countrywide plan to go from point A, to point B, to point C. Every man and his dog seems to want to jump to point Z straight away.

it’s quite depressing actually. I feel like it will always be one step forward and then two back, because each hurdle is never cleared completely, simply half completed and then announced as done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

They're getting like a dog chasing its tail with this now ..

Folk will not fly 000's of kms to be treated like a battery hen .. they really are not absorbing this one are they .. factor in onerous conditions imposed on visitors on return to their home countries and it's not gonna happen .. the only thing achieved by continuing with these daft ideas is to underline how detached from reality they really are ..   

The reality is Thailand is stuffed without the resorts open... it's not just about the revenue they made, they offered easy employment to thousands of otherwise unemployed people.

Thailand has no other working opportunities to slowly take the girls off the streets.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

Pattaya will never be the same again, most of businesses will never reopen again, Pattaya as we like will only stay in our memories, sad but true.

I can’t say that I will miss 90% of it. But we all have our likes and dislikes.

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

I think the foreign tourists 'Moved On' a long time ago.

July and August used to have a lot of Europeans and it was a mini high summer season. But they stopped coming in those months long before covid. ( They are pretty savvy vacationer's so I guess they just had it with all the BS promenade work, beach Rd. cafes replaced with Mc and pizza.) It has been the Indians and Chinese in summer month for a long time.  So I have no idea what demographic they expect.

I am so confused. Phuket has changed its quarantine from 14 days to 7 days - back to 14 days. Samui is not sure yet. And Pattaya is promising just 3 days.

If Pattaya is 3 days, why can't Samui and Phuket be the same????????

57 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

The rest of Thailand was more than happy to take vaccines away from Pattaya, Phuket Samui Chang Mia and especially Bangkok to name but a few

Relax, vaccine distribution is done on a mathematical formula. It must be, Anutin says so.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They quoted the head of the Chonburi Tourism Business association Thanet Supharothatrangsi and repeated his assertion - as reported by Thaivisa earlier - that unless Pattaya gets 900,000 vaccine doses for people in Bang Lamung and Sattahip tourism will be off the cards for foreigners until 2022's fourth quarter.

That sounds about right regardless of how many vaccines are provided. The first quarter of 2026 is more realistic though.

1 hour ago, NB1986 said:

Pattaya will never be the same again, most of businesses will never reopen again, Pattaya as we like will only stay in our memories, sad but true.

The best memories I have of Pattaya come from 1986, so I won't be missing much.

• Like 1