Foreign tourists will have to quarantine for the first three days in August's "Pattaya Move On" plan

webfact

Also do are they going to take away 900,000 dosages away from the rest of Thailand, where there is a shortage right now. How inconsiderate of them, especially since they still have over 2,300 new cases everyday.

• Confused 1

hmm, can't see how this will work at all !! How will quarantining for only 3 days protect the double vaccinated from the infected Thais? They should be quarantined for their entire stay and then do 14 days quarantine upon returning to their own country. We certainly do not want any more variants in the UK, thank you very much ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Excel said:

But guess infected Thais from parts of the country that has never been tested will be able to come ? Guess Soi 6 is needing staff

I have the same question but more related to foreigners that live in Thailand. What if any requirements will there be for us? Obviously we are in the same vaccine situation as Thais not being vaccinated.

• Like 1

Good idea...  Vaccinated foreigners with very effective vaccines in quarantine and Thai people with bad working vaccines are free to go and do anything.. If there would be new infections we know who to blame.. It are always they never us......

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering if the building she is pointing at  will still be like that ( unfinished) on its 50th  or that it will be Covid's 50th  year perhaps both ? ????

50th.jpg.dae14abd348606d272d9f5b004723566.jpg

Edited by johng
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BobinBKK said:

I have the same question but more related to foreigners that live in Thailand. What if any requirements will there be for us? Obviously we are in the same vaccine situation as Thais not being vaccinated.

I suspect that we will be treated exactly the same as Thais because the techniques to ensure you go to hotels for quarantine can only be undertaken and checked for at incoming airports I would think. Imagine having the RTP/Military manning road blocks at every single entry point into Pattaya. Impossible. And those of us with Thai families living here, well that would go down well if they started hauling Thai's husbands , wives and children out of cars wouldn't it.  Anyway don't fret it is just another pathetic idea to generate cash for certain peoples pals so will not happen IMHO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I’m not mistaken:

Officially: Only fully Vaccinated foreigners and Thai’s will be able to enter Phuket once the sandbox opens. 

Unofficially: Once things open, bus loads of unvaccinated Thai ‘workers’ will be crossing the bridge, money will go into someone’s pocket.

Err this thread is about Pattaya not Phuket, come on pay attention please.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I’m not mistaken:

Officially: Only fully Vaccinated foreigners and Thai’s will be able to enter Phuket once the sandbox opens. 

Unofficially: Once things open, bus loads of unvaccinated Thai ‘workers’ will be crossing the bridge, money will go into someone’s pocket.

I was referring to Pattaya...